Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing Back Ultra Rares From Events

Executive Chef
    I love that old animals come back, so if I miss them i can try for them again. I think it's a great idea and I get super excited when an old one comes back.
    However, I dnt think it's fair wen u are forced into doing a tournament or something when you already have the prize. I think if you have to do the tournament to pass in the story book (or any event) then that animal really should be new

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    While I understand your point of view, I heartily disagree. People who haven't played the game from day 1 would then *never* be able to obtain many, if not most, of the animals in the game. Like greytmom said, maybe there should be a longer time before they are released, but to say "never" would really defeat the purpose that motivates many to play - the hope of obtaining all the animals eventually.

I play a different game that has a "Bring 'em Back" event every year. For one month, every animal ever in the game and also every decoration comes back. You can breed for or purchase the animals. If you get every animal, you get a fire-breathing decoration in your park. This gives people something to strive for.
    I love the idea of a yearly "Bring em Back" event. You still have to work for the animals or buy them with gems. Doing something like this would benefit Storm8 I see so many people asking for things to be brought back and they are willing to pay gems. It could be done across all their games.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Executive Chef
    Don't like the idea of having to buy the animals. Having it as an option like it currently is in the shop or when limited animals come back would b ok. But don't think it's fair to only be able to buy them. I know you don't need to buy/have all the animals but if the game is free to play, how can u ask ppl to buy. I want to breed for them and then if I can't get it, I can decide if I want to buy it when the event ends.

I think what they did with the Grand Unicorn and the Swan Prince was a great strategy. Make the animal win-able by association to the same type of event, but optional to the completion of the new event. People who missed out in last years can try again, while those who have it are not forced to do anything for a prize they already have. You could take the same concept and do it for Leaderboards. Make a past leaderboard top prize attainable as an extra hard last milestone. something insane like the 20000 points so that those that really want it do have to put in an effort for it. Certainly don't give away Leaderboard top prizes in simple 4 step goal lines that require breeding, evolving and mating a common 6 hours timer dragon like they currently am doing in DS with Skylord, the first leaderboard prize animal!
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Farm Supplier
    I like the S8 strategy to get the LB price later by breeding or purchasing. I could get some less leaderboard price animals. But there are lots that i missed - and some of them I would really love to get. I think it would be wonderful for so many players to bring them back one year later. There are so many players that wasn't rich enough to spend a lot of money and some that did it and even tho didn't got the beloved 1st or 2nd price and missed the grand price.
    For this players it is wonderful to have a chance to get this animal later. The winners of the LB's have them exclusively 1 year earlier. I guess that lots of players will still spend money to get the first price animals earlier.

Host(ess)
    As a newer player, I have no problems when the dragons are made available. I've tried a few events, and frankly they are NOT worth the effort. It is such a fleeting pleasure to achieve the goal when the next goal is within sight and only you are the person who knows your achievements. If these dragons are the desired ones for breeding, battles and filling in the inventory gaps - any way they are available is OK with me. I've already figured out only the wealthy can be on top in this game, so for us others, its unending hard work of trying over and over to be satisfied with playing the game.

My bug a boo is the never ending pop up boxes which steal your gold bars and S8 policy NOT to have a cancel button. I have lost enough gold to buy 3 diamond dragons, which has been my goal and sadly will likely never be achieved. this week alone, twice the boxes appear when I'm working through a task and now my hard earned stores are again depleted.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MystiqueRealm View Post
    I respectfully disagree with original poster, as a matter of fact I wasn't here in the first year this game came out, when treasure animals were BREEDABLE and I'd love to have that same opportunity return, and bet you would too!
    I agree with you. I'm still fairly new to this game, and it seems unfair to punish us just because we didn't start playing on day one. As a new player, I appreciate the chance to obtain some of these early release creatures. This is, after all, only a game. In the grand scheme of things, is it really that big of a deal if creatures are made available again? In my very humble opinion, I don't think so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12