Thread: In-game ad video crashing app

Farm Supplier

In-game ad video crashing app

Not sure where to report this but, something must be done about the "ReViewed" ads that play for gems or rewards. All that happens is the game crashes at the end of the 15 second viewing and the window popup saying "Thanks for reviewing great content". Once closed, the app stays on black screen and force close is all you can do to return to the game WITHOUT credit for watching "great content". Inevitably the same ad plays on each reopening of the app reward video for a constant loop of crash and reload.

By the way, the constant crashing of apps actually makes the advertised company look unprofessional and unreliable, which leaves the consumer with a very bad opinion of the company itself.

*Game opened on Android device, not tested on iOS.
    ** Mostly tested on Castle Story but crash also occurred on other games.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    The video issue for this ad and others is currently under investigation by S8. It's a known problem across a few different games. Will post here when further updates are given. Thanks.

Executive Chef

Gift videos keep crashing

The gift video function keeps freezing up after the third video, and now they won't play and keep giving me an error message. This happens quite frequently, and has been happening on and off for over a year. I kinda count on that extra six energy every day. Is there any way to fix this? I don't even know if S8 has any jurisdiction over this. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    The gift video function keeps freezing up after the third video, and now they won't play and keep giving me an error message. This happens quite frequently, and has been happening on and off for over a year. I kinda count on that extra six energy every day. Is there any way to fix this? I don't even know if S8 has any jurisdiction over this. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Can you let us know the ad being played when you encounter this issue?

Executive Chef
    Usually it's Gardenscapes. Too bad, because it's a nice game, lol. Thanks and good luck!

Update, 8 am mountain time: it worked fine this morning. No glitches at all.
    Last edited by Queenzod; 06-30-17 at 07:55 AM.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.