View Poll Results: Did you Like or Dislike the Tale?/ Which items do you like?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I could not finish the Tale

49 51.58%
  • I liked the Tale

18 18.95%
  • I did not like the Tale

58 61.05%
  • Nomad Dragon

26 27.37%
  • Sailor Dragon

13 13.68%
  • Volt Dragon

19 20.00%
  • Hot Air Dragon

18 18.95%
  • Hot Air Ballon

17 17.89%
  • Water Path

17 17.89%
  • Seaside Flower

13 13.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Out the Door Dragon Tale **NEW POLL ADDED**

Fashion Designer
    If they have this option, I would vote "I did not even bother participating" XD
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Fashion Designer
    Yep, add me to the 'I didn't even bother participating' group.

The dragons were ugly, had boring or nonsensical color combos that I either 1. already have, or 2. would not be of any use in the arena. The food requirements were way too high. Also, requesting items from neighbors is unreliable (which players have pointed out many, many, many times in the past, but S8 chooses to keep ignoring).

Ever since I was prematurely bumped into the highest tier about a year ago (I should have had ~10 more levels or 2-3 more DTs in the middle tier, but they suddenly and unexpectedly changed the tiers), I have not bothered to finish a DT. But, I do usually go for the first 2 dragons and any food prizes in the first few Chapters. This time I didn't even bother.

Additionally, I don't know why these polls are even offered. The same feedback is given- and ignored- every time.
    authoritarian:
    adjective

1. enforcing strict or favoring blind obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom.

2. showing a lack of concern for the wishes or opinions of others; domineering; dictatorial.

Rhino Keeper
    tried to access the Poll page several times to no avail

I have only recently started replaying Dragon Story having had to abandon my previous game, including all the gold I had purchased, when I upgraded my iPad.
    This out of doors event is the worst I've come across in several years of playing a range of storm8 games. The food requirements were outrageous and for low and mid level players tasks close to the end involving winning battles and receiving items from neighbours make a nonsense of all the time and Gold invested in the first 7 or 8 days. Battles because we have such a small proportion of available dragons - most under Level 10- that there is zero chance of defeating random opponents. Neighbours because this means the final outcome relies purely on others' actions - and for those of us living in a different hemisphere the window of time is middle of the night for most of our neighbours SO my first Story Event will most likely be my last - not so much because It was impossible to complete without buying/paying gold - it just wasn't fun! If you are going to run events demanding huge resources so close together expect more drop-outs. No one wants a game without challenges, BUT it must be achievable using resources carefully amassed for such events. Your players are not all millionaires and I expect there are quite a few pensioners who, like me, had to choose whether to spend $50 on finishing this event or indulge in the usual Friday lunch out. Congratulations to all who were able to finish. I will be very interested in the survey results. I hope they will be posted.
    Sorry for venting and thank you for reading
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-10-17 at 10:16 AM. Reason: removed support comments- see forum rules

Rhino Keeper
    Well I voted that I liked this Tales....as I really did not dislike it but from my perspective I liked the following:
    1) We only needed to ask neighbours for 5 items once. This compared with past events asking neighbours multiple times and for the final day 20 items, which caused many problems and delays for the last day so thanks S8 for listening to our complaints.
    2) Breeding a Common dragon only once. I know that others have had lots of problems with Volt, but I did not. In fact I seemed to breed 2 even though I was not trying. Unlike previous events where it took ages to breed dragon like Love or Life.
    3) Battles. I made a determined effort to finish the tournament early so I could have an easier run with the battles. Of course having 6 Diamond hybrids out of 10 was not helpful but I evolved the Sailor up to 12 as fast as I could, without spending gold, to help with its battles and that worked as it was undefeated against the non-diamond dragons.
    4) Food. I tend to start with 320K of food and after this event I still have 100K left and I know I have fed over 100K of other dragons during this event so I assume that the amount needed was around 340-380 which is what the past Tales have been. Of course S8 has been hitting us with major food requirements for LB and WE but I know I cannot achieve the final steps for them so I do not fully engage in these events.
    I only have 1 of each Breeding Roosts, Hatching Nests and Evolution Temple so Tales can be a challenge but definitely doable if you save your food for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    i wish that the poll result will be the worst they ever had !
    i did not even try to finish the event when i saw the chapters
    Same. Was never on my agenda to finish -- for the first time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious1138 View Post
    For the first time I had to bow out before the end. The food requirements are just too ridiculous.
    Same here. This is the FIRST time I didn't finish a tale. Bad food requirement

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by EvieandIzzie View Post
    Well I voted that I liked this Tales....as I really did not dislike it but from my perspective I liked the following:
    1) We only needed to ask neighbours for 5 items once. This compared with past events asking neighbours multiple times and for the final day 20 items, which caused many problems and delays for the last day so thanks S8 for listening to our complaints.
    2) Breeding a Common dragon only once. I know that others have had lots of problems with Volt, but I did not. In fact I seemed to breed 2 even though I was not trying. Unlike previous events where it took ages to breed dragon like Love or Life.
    3) Battles. I made a determined effort to finish the tournament early so I could have an easier run with the battles. Of course having 6 Diamond hybrids out of 10 was not helpful but I evolved the Sailor up to 12 as fast as I could, without spending gold, to help with its battles and that worked as it was undefeated against the non-diamond dragons.
    4) Food. I tend to start with 320K of food and after this event I still have 100K left and I know I have fed over 100K of other dragons during this event so I assume that the amount needed was around 340-380 which is what the past Tales have been. Of course S8 has been hitting us with major food requirements for LB and WE but I know I cannot achieve the final steps for them so I do not fully engage in these events.
    I only have 1 of each Breeding Roosts, Hatching Nests and Evolution Temple so Tales can be a challenge but definitely doable if you save your food for them.

I agree. I still had over 500,000 food when I finished but I am able to plant and harvest rushrooms on an hourly basis which I know the majority of players are unable to do. I also finished the tournament quickly so that it wouldn't interfere with the Tales acts. I did the additional quests during the day and evolved the dragons overnight. I wasn't terribly impressed with the dragons but I wanted the token to get the Magic Lamp dragon as well.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Yep, add me to the 'I didn't even bother participating' group.

The dragons were ugly, had boring or nonsensical color combos that I either 1. already have, or 2. would not be of any use in the arena. The food requirements were way too high. Also, requesting items from neighbors is unreliable (which players have pointed out many, many, many times in the past, but S8 chooses to keep ignoring).

Ever since I was prematurely bumped into the highest tier about a year ago (I should have had ~10 more levels or 2-3 more DTs in the middle tier, but they suddenly and unexpectedly changed the tiers), I have not bothered to finish a DT. But, I do usually go for the first 2 dragons and any food prizes in the first few Chapters. This time I didn't even bother.

Additionally, I don't know why these polls are even offered. The same feedback is given- and ignored- every time.
    I agree completely!

This is the first tales I haven't completed. I got Nomad and stopped.
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Fashion Designer
    Hi! Would anyone please be able to help me? I have the option to use my token for the dragon, 15 adventure tickets, or 3 food boosts. My question is which boosts do I get? 10x,5x, or 2x? Thank you for your time.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lnztrekfan View Post
    Hi! Would anyone please be able to help me? I have the option to use my token for the dragon, 15 adventure tickets, or 3 food boosts. My question is which boosts do I get? 10x,5x, or 2x? Thank you for your time.
    10x of course
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)