Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optimal Island Layout Project - June 2017

Nightclub Owner

Optimal Island Layout Project - June 2017

So I've been working on a sort of arts & crafts project in order to use my island space to it's best potential. I used tiny squares to create habitats, buildings and other structures in their various sizes (2x2, 3x3, 4x4). I then sketched an outline of the uppermost right piece of land (the biggest one). This pic isn't great so I'll try to list the 'resource' structures and how I pieced them so that all remaining spaces are 4x4 for habitats. I don't like that the one area is so jam packed, but it is what it is. I also had to sell off 2 Olympus habitats as they didn't fit in my design. I hope this helps other players

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2352.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	37207

All 4x4 squares along the top and middle sections are regular habitats. Along the bottom, starting at the right side, the red squares are resource habitats (apple, bomb, map & dynamite). To the left of those are 3 nests and the noble crystal. Above and to the left are 7 farms (green squares). Above the farms are (from left to right) Stable, Evo Temple, Craft Shop, then 3 gold habitats (have since moved somethings around, but size wise this is accurate). Above that row are 2 reg habitats, Breeding Den, Breeding Roost and 2 more gold habitats. Then the spacing kind of shifts so above the dens and gold habs I have Olympus hab, diamond temple, spa and trade portal. Above those are 2 Olympus habs, Craft Shop and Ticket Temple. The remaining spaces are all reg habitats.

The only glitch in my system that I can see so far is if/when I fill all my spaces, I will not have a square for event collection items (such as the Pillar of Places we're using right now).
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    So I've been working on a sort of arts & crafts project in order to use my island space to it's best potential. I used tiny squares to create habitats, buildings and other structures in their various sizes (2x2, 3x3, 4x4). I then sketched an outline of the uppermost right piece of land (the biggest one). This pic isn't great so I'll try to list the 'resource' structures and how I pieced them so that all remaining spaces are 4x4 for habitats. I don't like that the one area is so jam packed, but it is what it is. I also had to sell off 2 Olympus habitats as they didn't fit in my design. I hope this helps other players

Name:	IMG_2352.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	37207

All 4x4 squares along the top and middle sections are regular habitats. Along the bottom, starting at the right side, the red squares are resource habitats (apple, bomb, map & dynamite). To the left of those are 3 nests and the noble crystal. Above and to the left are 7 farms (green squares). Above the farms are (from left to right) Stable, Evo Temple, Craft Shop, then 3 gold habitats (have since moved somethings around, but size wise this is accurate). Above that row are 2 reg habitats, Breeding Den, Breeding Roost and 2 more gold habitats. Then the spacing kind of shifts so above the dens and gold habs I have Olympus hab, diamond temple, spa and trade portal. Above those are 2 Olympus habs, Craft Shop and Ticket Temple. The remaining spaces are all reg habitats.

The only glitch in my system that I can see so far is if/when I fill all my spaces, I will not have a square for event collection items (such as the Pillar of Places we're using right now).
    This is amazing. I wanted to do something like this.....but I am lazy.
    Add me:
    Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest Story: AuroraLava (main account) 11Aurora11 (secondary account)

I play daily and return ALL map and lotus requests. I hardly visit due to crashes.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraLava View Post
    This is amazing. I wanted to do something like this.....but I am lazy.
    Thank you very much It took quite awhile but wasn't really hard. The little wooden mosaic squares were perfect. I just used scotch tape to replicate the structures I needed. Then laid them out on poster board and drew a rough outline. I'm very OCD so it was quite fun for me.

Wow-really impressive! Well done indeed. Thanks very much for sharing it!

Fashion Designer
    I made a map in my spreadsheet long time ago on a rainy sunday afternoon, but I'm still using and updating it

Name:	Map20170701.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	37275

Twee(200): 788 unique dragons, 529 epic, 7 lvl 15, 20 eggs, 18 in stable. 22 Diamonds, 14 GPD.
    Drie(168) (id:Bastiaan00): 209 unique dragons, 187 epic, no noble crystal. 8 Diamonds, 3 GPD.
    I'm not addicted, I just like to play

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiaan0 View Post
    I made a map in my spreadsheet long time ago on a rainy sunday afternoon, but I'm still using and updating it

Name:	Map20170701.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	37275
    Wow, that's pretty darn impressive! I needed a physical map in order to move things around easier. That's just what worked for me. I'm now working on the middle island; I'd like to keep all my regular collectible structures together but right now they're kind of smushed together.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Wow, that's pretty darn impressive! I needed a physical map in order to move things around easier. That's just what worked for me. I'm now working on the middle island; I'd like to keep all my regular collectible structures together but right now they're kind of smushed together.
    Thank you
    Moving around isn't that difficult, just select and drag Also new habitats are created within seconds. Above all it gives a good overview, I know exactly where to find some space if needed.
    Like you did, putting all 3x3 buildings and habitats in a 4x4 configuration you can indeed cover some space in a logical way.
    I've put all buildings with a timer on the island above the waterfall, to myself I call it 'business island' So most of the action takes place in that area, including arena, quest, bingo and mine. I also set my second island up that way
    Last edited by Bastiaan0; 07-01-17 at 08:06 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiaan0 View Post
    Thank you
    Moving around isn't that difficult, just select and drag Also new habitats are created within seconds. Above all it gives a good overview, I know exactly where to find some space if needed.
    Like you did, putting all 3x3 buildings and habitats in a 4x4 configuration you can indeed cover some space in a logical way.
    I've put all buildings with a timer on the island above the waterfall, to myself I call it 'business island' So most of the action takes place in that area, including arena, quest, bingo and mine. I also set my second island up that way
    "Business Island" - Shut UP!! I used to call my uppermost left island that when I had my farms, gold habs, nests, dens & item producing habs up there The problem was that I had unused spaces and that's going to be a real problem for me soon. At the moment, I have all of my habitats up there which have at least one open space so I know where I have room for new dragons. Once they're full, they move over to the biggest island on the top right.

ETA: Can't believe that we're not already neighbors! I just sent you an invite so we can check out each other's layout 'in person'

Fashion Designer
    I don't need the space yet, but I'm starting to feel the pressure with almost 600 unique dragons...
    I think we have been neighbours in the past, but somehow we were disconnected Sent you an invite from my second account. You might see some similarities, that's no coincidence

Nightclub Owner
    I just finished working on a new layout. This is the 'Main' or 'Middle' Island (where you start the game):

Name:	Main-Middle Island.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	37278

Starting from top right across (green squares) are farms. The red squares on the left are item producing habs (bomb, dyno, map, apples). The orange squares along the right side and bottom are Gold habs. In the middle going down are 3x3's Ticket Temple, Olympus habs, Trade Portal, Diamond Temple, Breeding Den/Roost, Craft Shop, spa. Bottom left corner is Evolution Temple and 3 Nests/Noble Crystal. The purple square above all this is the Stable and all the other blue squares are regular habitats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast