Thread: Ultra-rare vs. Not Available Through Breeding Classification on LB "Prize" Dragons

Fashion Designer

Ultra-rare vs. Not Available Through Breeding Classification on LB "Prize" Dragons

Now that some of the Leaderboard "Grand Prize" dragons (such as Mama, Islander, and Japanese) have been breedable, will their "Not Available Through Breeding" status be removed? This makes a difference in the arena.

I'm asking because I noticed today that my Mama Dragon, which I won in a Leaderboard event, is still marked as NATB on her in-game description. Now that she has been breedable, she should be in the ultra-rare tier for fighting, not the lower, slightly less powerful NATB tier. I'm curious if these dragons are adjusted for the arena when their breeding status changes?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	37205
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 06-25-17 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Now that some of the Leaderboard "Grand Prize" dragons (such as Mama, Islander, and Japanese) have been breedable, will their "Not Available Through Breeding" status be removed? This makes a difference in the arena.

I'm asking because I noticed today that my Mama Dragon, which I won in a Leaderboard event, is still marked as NATB on her in-game description. Now that she has been breedable, she should be in the ultra-rare tier for fighting, not the lower, slightly less powerful NATB tier. I'm curious if these dragons are adjusted for the arena when their breeding status changes?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	37205
    If we were going to be precise about everything, she would only be breedable class in the arena during the period she is breedable
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    If we were going to be precise about everything, she would only be breedable class in the arena during the period she is breedable
    That's not how it works. Either a dragon is breedable or it is not. Being breedable at any point in time means it has been available through breeding. Expired dragons fall into whatever their rarity tier is (rare, super-rare, whatever) whether or not they are available at the time (although some are in NATB tier for some reason).

I've never understood why these prize dragons are ultra-rare if we don't get any benefit from it. The NATB status handicaps their potential in the arena. Considering how over-the-top battling has become, this new elevation in status could make a big difference for lots of players.

The tiers are the reason why dragons like Beast, Apprentice, and other 'just rare' DT dragons do so well in the area. They aren't actually rares, they are NATBs and preform more like super rares. If only color mattered, Apprentice and Beast would fight just like a Wizard (and who uses Wizard, except maybe new, low level players? No one- because he's a weak fighter). The NATB tier falls between rare and super rare, so being bumped up 2 notches to ultra-rare would be quite a boost in power.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 06-26-17 at 10:06 AM. Reason: I've had my coffee and am capable of making sense now

Banned
    Maybe the not available through breeding should have its own categorys. Really a not available through breeding rare, super or ultra should be higher than a breedable of same rarity anyway imo. If they are not available through breeding they are already more rare

Farm Supplier
    I agree with OP. If they're going to nerf these prize dragons and classify them as unbreedable for the arena, they shouldn't label them Ultra Rare in the first place. Ultra Rare is misleading and meaningless on these dragons and I now ignore it / assign-no-value-to-it...

Ok that is misleading then. On the flip side when u face off against the in thw arena they arent so tough. With all the UR being released now, battle arena could be a whole lot harder since you would need more dragons at lvl15 to compete