Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Video ads: no more free gold after buying gold?

Dragon Story Video ads: no more free gold after buying gold?

I've been getting 1 free gold for every video I watch (I get 4 or 5 per day) every day since I started playing Dragon Story in early May. Today I bought a value pack (that contained 100 gold) and today for the first time I'm getting food instead of gold as a reward for watching videos. Am I ever going to get gold again? If not, that's really not cool. Had I known that, I wouldn't have bought the value pack.

I sort of wanted the dragon because it has 3 colors and thought the 100 gold would make up for some gold I accidentally spent on food (I dropped my phone and awkwardly caught it before it hit the ground and somehow hit the "16K food for 100 gold" button...it's insane that there's no confirmation button...but that's for another thread!).
    Last edited by CuddlePuddlev2; 06-22-17 at 10:23 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlePuddlev2 View Post
    I've been getting 1 free gold for every video I watch (I get 4 or 5 per day) every day since I started playing Dragon Story in early May. Today I bought a value pack (that contained 100 gold) and today for the first time I'm getting food instead of gold as a reward for watching videos. Am I ever going to get gold again? If not, that's really not cool. Had I known that, I wouldn't have bought the value pack.

I sort of wanted the dragon because it has 3 colors and thought the 100 gold would make up for some gold I accidentally spent on food (I dropped my phone and awkwardly caught it before it hit the ground and somehow hit the "16K food for 100 gold" button...it's insane that there's no confirmation button...but that's for another thread!).
    I've never, ever gotten gold from watching an ad video. It's always apples for me (150 apples, only 2 videos available per day).
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Fashion Designer
    Wow, lucky you for getting golds. Heck, I rarely get videos. #Android

Really you guys? Ok I don't feel so bad now, but it's still tough to lose something you've come to depend on, and I feel like I was penalized for buying something. #iphonefirstworldproblems

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlePuddlev2 View Post
    Really you guys? Ok I don't feel so bad now, but it's still tough to lose something you've come to depend on, and I feel like I was penalized for buying something. #iphonefirstworldproblems
    Hi I see the ad for getting apples for watching videos that ends Aug 29, but have never seen a video option. Any idea where it is? Maybe not avail for android, any thoughts?
    Cheers

Executive Chef
    ★ i used to receive gold for watching videos, but somewhere and somehow the gold gift disappeared.

I never get to receive any gold reward ever since, and it is always food gifts every time i checked ★ i gave up watching videos (:

Rhino Keeper
    I used to get 4 videos per day for 3 or 4 days, it would pop up once every 3-4 weeks. I'd get 1 gold per video. I then bought a $2 value pack, since then I still get them for 3-4 days every 3-4 weeks, but I only get 2 videos and they offer 150 apples instead of 1 gold. I also only get expensive value packs since I bought the cheap one. If I had known all this before buying the value pack, I would have let it pass.
    IMO 150 food isn't really a gift... it's almost nothing.

Fashion Designer
    This happened to me too. For as long as I can remember I got 4 videos a day for 1 gold each but after I bought a $1.99 value pack I started getting only 2 videos a day for a measly 150 food each. This happened awhile ago, the gold still hasn't come back and I'm still bitter about it.

New Resident
    I no longer get ANY ideas to watch, so from getting gold from watching them, I rely upon my neighbours to send it to me. I think they want you to buy it! Which I don’t want to do. I have got to level 168 without buying anything. But now I think it’s too hard to manage by just relying on neighbors. I only have 7 gold bars at the moment it’s hard to accumulate now. Anyone else with this problem?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Den8137259 View Post
    ★ i used to receive gold for watching videos, but somewhere and somehow the gold gift disappeared.

I never get to receive any gold reward ever since, and it is always food gifts every time i checked ★ i gave up watching videos (:

I started this game about 8-10 months ago and played about 1 month before I purchased a new player intro package (food, coins, dragon, no gold). I've always received 150 food per video or chose to reduce the wait time between battle rounds.

The videos changed for me after the last update. I can still use it in the battle arena but a random freebie has replaced food. Most of the time I've gotten coins but I have won a bomb and a little food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast