View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event? \ What I achieved | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

201 82.72%
  • I didn't complete the event

36 14.81%
  • Agree

143 58.85%
  • Neutral

48 19.75%
  • Disagree

14 5.76%
  • I didn't participate

5 2.06%
  • I didn't craft a Star Cat

62 25.51%
  • I crafted 1 or more Star Cats

161 66.26%
  • I bought the unlimited energy pack

55 22.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/22 - The Celestine Storm 14 day event | *goals on page 1*

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by scavaig View Post
    I am so so sorry to hear this. I assumed, as I had no real problem with drops it was the same for everyone. Dust I got 5 or 6 per 20 chops - yellow acre about 3 per tree - compass generally 1 per 2 rocks - all much better than yours.

I think it is really time to stop the randomness of random drops.
    mine is similar to yours. I think the key for this type of task is never use 1 or 2 energy. Only collect when you have at least 20 energy.
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostedThings View Post
    Haven't gotten any skunkupines in about a day or two. I either spawn dire boars, fangbeasts or nothing at all. Cleared an entire field of wheat and nothing.

Rocks spawn nothing but fangbeasts and boars for me. If it wasn't for the Celestine Castle and adventure, I'd have no blue gems at all.

Farm houses keep spawning fangbeasts too. Very frustrating.

I'm on the last level of the quest, so I'm glad I'll be able to focus solely on getting the cat once I'm done with that.
    My ruler is about to trade in her sword for a rifle to deal with those stinking boars. Every other time I turn around, there's another one. And the only reason my fangbeasts have lessened in the last couple of days is that I only collect from chickens when I already have a monster on the board.

I think however, that I will make it. I need thirteen more green stones with 8 days to go so I should be all right. I did purchase the 15 min energy once. That was great, chopped a whole grove of yellow acers and got way ahead on the dust. I think I got 12 Rock outcroppings chopped. Worth it to me.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm currently on chapter 6 and by tommorow night, I would've crafted the telescope. My concern now is the green star stones. Its going to take me a while to collect the 5 green stones as is. My question is, can I make it? My extra energy isn't a lot so I try to go into the game every 2-4 hours. I'm starting to fear I won't make it. Not with the green stones being so scarce. Any advice?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by midninghtcm View Post
    I'm currently on chapter 6 and by tommorow night, I would've crafted the telescope. My concern now is the green star stones. Its going to take me a while to collect the 5 green stones as is. My question is, can I make it? My extra energy isn't a lot so I try to go into the game every 2-4 hours. I'm starting to fear I won't make it. Not with the green stones being so scarce. Any advice?
    Hi midninghtcm,

This has been a pain of a week in game for me, my phones playing up & i just have to go near my wall to crash out so i've been missing all my wall mates been bit miserable & lonely. i've just been popping into game like you every 2 hours doing 'my business' then popping out again. Am also close to the wire with needing the green gems, i think if you haven't spent gems most people are.

Having said that the rock bashing isn't as bad as it has been in other quests and most people seem to be reporting about the same drop rates from each required source. i have been lucky possibly & found enough skunks from rock chopping.

From about 6 adventures i have gotten one that dropped a green stone so they are dropping them, rarely. If you can manage to get the bits & do a couple you might be lucky.

With 'free gems' from video watching & the golden trade & lemonade/applepie trade 'free gems' i'm thinking if worse comes to worse a couple of speeding up/knocking few hours off ivy's hut might be the tipping point to get people to the end.

This quest seems to be ticking more boxes for more people then many of late & less people giving up (thou is always a shame when even 1 person feels they have to) it seems a success.

i think from reading the forum midninghtcm you are about where most people are. Dunno if me saying that helps any lol. i'll add in a hug & cheer for us both.

i think it's one of those hang in & wait or spend to rush but is many many days left. Trouble is it's so tempting to rush a bit at least ivy is a guaranteed drop which takes the stress away. Imagine how much extra stress if ivy wasn't guaranteed. Do think S8 have listened. Thou with mermaids did we need a timed event so soon?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by midninghtcm View Post
    for chapters 7 and 8 you will need 13 of each brew. Since I don't know where you are with those and since the timer is hard to read sometimes, it's hard to give an opinion. I agree that you might have to speed up Ivy a few times, but you absolutely cannot miss a collection from the hut.
    You can work on the other brews while waiting on green stones.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by appppppplecrumble View Post
    This quest seems to be ticking more boxes for more people then many of late & less people giving up (thou is always a shame when even 1 person feels they have to) it seems a success.

i think from reading the forum midninghtcm you are about where most people are. Dunno if me saying that helps any lol. i'll add in a hug & cheer for us both.

i think it's one of those hang in & wait or spend to rush but is many many days left. Trouble is it's so tempting to rush a bit at least ivy is a guaranteed drop which takes the stress away. Imagine how much extra stress if ivy wasn't guaranteed. Do think S8 have listened. Thou with mermaids did we need a timed event so soon?
    I think the quest ticking more boxes for players has more to do with recent updates from S8 than the ease of the quest per se. I haven't spent on quests in ages but with the monster hunt and storyline update, players like me are reaching into their wallets again because the game has gotten exciting and enjoyable again. For me, that's a game worth spending on, a game with events like the teacup fiasco, not so much, lol

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    mine is similar to yours. I think the key for this type of task is never use 1 or 2 energy. Only collect when you have at least 20 energy.
    Yes I agree. I seem to get more drops if I wait until I have full energy, then chop a whole tree or a whole rock at one time.

Rhino Keeper
    Hey appppppplecrumble

Your very right on most people spending gems. Its a tough one. Gem packages are extremely expensive so all my little gems are accumulated through months and months of saving and I'm catious with wasting them. That being said, I haven't finished a quest in ages. It does have a 'failure' feel to it.

The rock bashing has been fruitful for me to both in terms of dust and skunkupines. I'm unfortunately very unlucky on the adventure part. Since I started, I've gone on only 1 adventure for stones. The compasses are extremely rare in my kingdom.

I do think I might fail. As another user said, we'll need 13 brews of everything for 7 and 8. I still need two green stones for the telescope and then I'm out of green stones and speeding up isn't much in the cards for me unless I wanna spend another 5-8 months just building up a small handful of gems. It seems highly unlikely that I'll be able to accomplish this quest but I'm going to try for the sake of trying. Maybe luck will give its two cents? Lol

I don't get free gems from watching videos unfortunately. That isn't available for me. I don't know why.

I must say, I agree on S8 listening to our users. It does come across as they do, especially with recent events but I also agree they shouldn't have piled it onto us so soon. My money is low. My resources is low and I can't replenish while we have a quest going because my energy is limited. So this in turn makes it harder to get a few free gems or an energy pack and I'm level 50. Lol. I can just imagine how lower levels feel. I'd love a break. At least a week, just to recuperate.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I love the wall. Its a great place to pop in when your riding high on stress.

Rhino Keeper
    Hi Midninghtcm, before you give up, remember you can collect from Ivy twice a day, morning and evening. So with eight days left you can get at least 15, maybe 16 green gems. If you get the telescope tomorrow evening, that should still leave you just enough. It's a tight squeeze, but should be just possible.

This game is the same coding as one we did a year or so ago. I remember it as causing anxiety about whether there was enough time to collect all the green items, but as long as you don't miss any, it's doable. Just. And if you happen to get a green gem from an adventure, you will definitely make it.

I'm sorry people are having to give up. Hugs.

Fashion Designer
    I'm actually surprised to be doing well on this quest. at first I didn't want to bother but I'm glad I did. no gems or packs bought except to get Ivy's house so I could collect twice a day. oops well I did get the castle, but with "leftover" gems. have gotten enough compasses from rocks to send out every other day or so. with 8 days left and I only need a few more orange potions and 6 more green gems I might even have energy to try for the cat