Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wardrum (champion, black) Tournament 6/20/17, 6 days

Rhino Keeper
    Yet another champion prize? It hasn't been that long since we had the tourneys for Strength and Honor.

Champions have always been a prize that came up only very occasionally, and therefore generated a lot of excitement for players. I remember the thrill I used to feel at seeing a new tourney where the prize was a champ - but not any longer. Having them as regular prizes, combined with more rounds, fewer days, and tougher opponents have completely ****ed the thrill for me.

On seeing this tourney, my heart sank. Because it's a champ (and a nice black hybrid one at that), I feel compelled to try to win it. But the thought of the tiresome chore of battling through a long, tough tourney just depresses me. S8 really do seem intent on ****ing all the fun in the game of late

My only consolation ? No Glasswing!!!

Anyway, here goes:

1 Wardrum 1 - Forest 10 B
    2 Saturn 2 - Peacock 10 B
    3 Pyramid 2 - Night 10 B
    4 Night Elf 3 - Forest 10 bM
    5 Bluebell 4 - Virtue 10 Bm
    6 Avenging 4 - Quetzal 7 hmm
    7 Snap 5 - Onyx 6 B
    8 Spirit Queen 6 - Sweet Tooth 10 bmb
    9 Sunshower 7 - Glasswing 12 bM
    10 Ninja 11 - Fire 15 Bm
    11 Sobek 8 - Fire 15 B
    12 Opal 10 - Little Hero 13 B
    13 Kenyan 11 - Valiant 15 bM (lost: King 12)
    14 Hydra 13 - Valiant 15 B
    15 Ignis 14 - Valiant 15 bmm
    16 Sentinel 17 - Fire 15 bM
    17 Warpaint 15 - Little Hero 13 Bm
    18 Berserker 15 - Fire 15 Bm
    19 Lotus 16 - Afterlife 13 Bm
    20 Petal 19 - Prankster 13 Bm
    21 Limerick 14 - Fire 15 bmb
    22 Lost Love 15 - Air 14 Bm
    23 Paladin 20 - Metal 15 bM
    24 Lantern 18 - Afterlife 13 Bm
    25 Mother 18 - Seeker 14 B
    26 Lovers Tree 19 - Seeker 14 bmb
    27 Old Hermit 19 - Air 14 bM
    28 Polynesian 20 - Air 14 bM
    29 Battlecaster 20 - Metal 15 bM
    30 Seeker 20 - Prankster 13 bM
    31 Aboriginal 20 - Air 15 bM
    32 Luminous 20 - Air 15 B (Seeker 14)
    33 Blast 20 - Jack 15 B (Valiant 15)
    34 Little Wizard 20 - Air 14 bM
    35 Strength 20 - Metal 15 bmb
    36 Wardrum 20 - Glasswing 13 bmb (Metal, Jack, Valiant)

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by zenkitty99; 06-23-17 at 04:22 PM.

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiaan0 View Post
    OMG. another one.

First round won by Air on both accounts.
    Slowly, but surely, I'm getting my commons leveled up to 15 like you do. I got Fire there now and that became one of my best fighters. Thanks for giving me the idea to this. Air is close and Forest has a ways to go.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    Slowly, but surely, I'm getting my commons leveled up to 15 like you do. I got Fire there now and that became one of my best fighters. Thanks for giving me the idea to this. Air is close and Forest has a ways to go.
    At least commons are cheap to level up. Given that food is premium currency!

Fashion Designer
    I'm finding these early battles to be very relaxing and pleasant for a nice change of pace in Dragon Tales. It's always nice to take the 'left-behinds' out for a run.

I'm just now getting around to hatching my Strength Dragon. Can't seem to recall the habitat for the Tarot or Arcane or whatever that is.
    What happens to all of these dragons that we sell? Do they go to good homes or is there something more sinister afoot?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    9 champions in a 36 round tourney, really? And 5.5 days to complete this on top of that - still not cool.
    Wasn't the last one like, 28 rounds in 6 days? Much more reasonable? It was actually nice to not spend every waking second trying to micro manage it for a change. And a very rare occurrence, I was *actually* able to win the dragon, which NEVER happens.

I legit thought they had finally started listening to their dedicated players. Great to see they chucked that gracious change out the window.

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Quote Originally Posted by NeidusBluetip View Post
    Wasn't the last one like, 28 rounds in 6 days? Much more reasonable? It was actually nice to not spend every waking second trying to micro manage it for a change. And a very rare occurrence, I was *actually* able to win the dragon, which NEVER happens.

I legit thought they had finally started listening to their dedicated players. Great to see they chucked that gracious change out the window.
    They did 24 the last time but, yeah, I guess they did chuck goodwill out the window. This is so disappointing. I wish they would just go back to 30 round 7 day tourneys and 18 round 3 day flash tourneys.

Rhino Keeper
    Why is it every time there's a tournament I can't get on to play. It's really starting to make mad. It's everytime not just here and there. I'm tired of force closing and un installing aND reinstalling. It's getting old. I've tried playing all day and nothing. You guys seriously need to fix your bug problem.

Rhino Keeper
    Really omg omg all I want to do is play the 1 game I kinda enjoy and you are taking that from me. Why is it during tournaments this always happens but not during anything else. I'm not spending real money to play this game. If that's the case then I'm done. I'm tired of this crud. I feel *****ed because I can't start on time because I can't play. You guys seriously need to fix these issues it's not right or fair. Signed a very angry player.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkitty99 View Post
    Yet another champion prize? It hasn't been that long since we had the tourneys for Strength and Honor.

Champions have always been a prize that came up only very occasionally, and therefore generated a lot of excitement for players. I remember the thrill I used to feel at seeing a new tourney where the prize was a champ - but not any longer. Having them as regular prizes, combined with more rounds, fewer days, and tougher opponents have completely ****ed the thrill for me.

On seeing this tourney, my heart sank. Because it's a champ (and a nice black hybrid one at that), I feel compelled to try to win it. But the thought of the tiresome chore of battling through a long, tough tourney just depresses me. S8 really do seem intent on ****ing all the fun in the game of late

My only consolation ? No Glasswing!!!

Good luck everyone!
    Being relatively new (~ a year of DS) and now tourney competitive... I've been hoping for more champions - particularly new hybrids with lesser food requirements (i.e., ~350k apples vs. >700k) so this makes this tourney an exciting one for me! I think at least half of tourneys should be for champs... I have little interest in going through 20-40 rounds to "win" a Jungle dragon or Old Hermit.

This is a tough tourney with 9 champion rounds, but 5 of them are earlier and not the Lvl 20 roadblocks. Those 9 Level 20 beasts will be a challenge. Interestingly, though, not a single diamond-type in the gauntlet?! I'm much happier taking on a tough tourney with an interesting mix for what looks to be a top tier champ for the future!

Banned
    Believe it or not I took a Fungi up to level 15 by mistake and I must say he is not too bad in the arena at all, pleasantly surprised!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast