Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ★ DS iOS Update, 19 Jun 17 ★

Executive Chef

★ DS iOS Update, 19 Jun 17 ★

Edit KP

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Bug fixes and performance improvements is the standard app note for a non-major update. This update is just general optimizations. It doesn't include any major changes to the game.

★ hi mods and all, what does the new update do? At 215 MB it is a huge update! ★

Last edited by kooky panda; 06-22-17 at 09:31 AM.

The Honorable Panda
    Looks like just a update with some fixes.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    Can we get an answer for this question, please? Like some specifics? Are the non-working arena ads fixed? Will the ads actually reduce the wait time now? Or has the crashing when visiting friends been fixed?
    What 'fixes,' exactly, in this update will use 215 MB (especially when the App Store details claim the entire DS app only uses 228 MB?? which is EXTREMELY inaccurate and misleading?)

Dragon Story is already taking up over 2 GB of space on my iPad. The size of this update, alone, is larger than most of the other games on my device. I have several other games that each take up less than 200MB.

The amount of space this app takes up is a serious problem.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 06-21-17 at 10:25 AM. Reason: removed third party game comments

Farm Supplier

New update 6/19/17

Can't seem to find what the update did except that I'm not seeing more land on any of the big islands??? Nor has the dragon stable increased or the availability of a second dragon stable. Having just updated I did notice that it freezes more than once in each island especially the bigger ones. And I did turn off the phone and restart. If Anyone has any information but the improvements are please let us know. Thank you

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercy1st View Post
    Can't seem to find what the update did except that I'm not seeing more land on any of the big islands??? Nor has the dragon stable increased or the availability of a second dragon stable. Having just updated I did notice that it freezes more than once in each island especially the bigger ones. And I did turn off the phone and restart. If Anyone has any information but the improvements are please let us know. Thank you
    Takes a while for the cache to fill when you update. Those big islands probably have a lot of things that you are encountering for the first times (again). I usually get 2 days of exasperation from an update.

Maybe they added some confirm purchase popups. I know a lot of people have been asking for those. Make a lot of random purchases to test it for us.
    What happens to all of these dragons that we sell? Do they go to good homes or is there something more sinister afoot?

I nervously updated, since in the past, new features can make the game crash more. Was relieved I could still login. In fact it seems a bit more stable. Early days, but I got in with only one crash which might have been related to the game rejigging data after the update, which was less frustrating. Moving around the island is more jerky tho, but that might be due to the game taking the time to load new data instead of just crashing on something that's not loaded yet. A fair trade off. Maybe what they said in the description is true, just bug fixes and performance tweaks. Given the streamlining recently maybe they are not adding any new big game feature in the future. The new WE is just a hash of existing features & bumping up numbers on WE milestones.
    Last edited by JustKay; 06-21-17 at 04:22 AM.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Bug fixes and performance improvements is the standard app note for a non-major update. This update is just general optimizations. It doesn't include any major changes to the game.

Executive Chef
    ★ ty all for your inputs. I am actually looking for the info brief on the updates, same as what FireballFarm is asking. moreover we are sufficiently IT-trained to understand these, to discern on the urgency to update or not ★

well if it is just minor updates, and i could live with a few app poofing at times (it just tells me i have played too long). In addition I could save 215MB of device space.

thus I am not updating (: ★ ty ★

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Den8137259 View Post
    ★ ty all for your inputs. I am actually looking for the info brief on the updates, same as what FireballFarm is asking. moreover we are sufficiently IT-trained to understand these, to discern on the urgency to update or not ★

well if it is just minor updates, and i could live with a few app poofing at times (it just tells me i have played too long). In addition I could save 215MB of device space.

thus I am not updating (: ★ ty ★
    It's not an urgent update, but we recommend players always update to the latest version. If you need the space, it's okay to wait.

P.S: As you encounter new images, they're cached offline. If you haven't reinstalled in a while, you can try this to free up space because it'll clear out whatever image you saw previously but don't need to interact with anymore. Please note it would be a full reinstall of the game files, though. Just allow a few minutes over wifi for your Dragons on your board to load up.

Executive Chef
    Why you guys always complain?? It is a update and you should be happy with it. plus bug was fixed and more improvements were included. I saw the difference when you type in your emojis icons like it is more real and more beautiful
    DS:122 Neighbors required!! ADD BAKERYSTOE as well)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast