Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980818283 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 6/15 - What Storms May Come | Coral Castle | *goals in post 2-6*

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    I've finished the Mermaid event and it took me 6 months! At first I bought many of the supplies to chop, but even if you do that, and eventually you will go broke, you're not going to finish it anyway. You must know when to say 'stop buying' and be patient.
    Looking back, I'm sorry I spent so much coins there, as after 5 months, I'm still collecting to replace what I spent.
    The hidden secret is patience and collect very, very, very often even if you're tired of it. The drops you need are there, you just have to wait patiently.
    I'll add that when I finished there was a big delusion as the Mermaid's quests have nothing to do with the kingdom's funtioning, or any events offered. None of your new Mermaid crafting and crafts are needed except to sometimes fulfill an Elven's request, which on the whole is cheaper to ignore.
    So just collect, collect and collect again and again.. every few hours there's something ready. At the end of the week you craft what you can.
    Great advice. I completely agree. It’s been a slow process but patience is the key.

Rhino Keeper
    Ah... I got surprised by Coral Conniption.

When I started the 24-hour timer with ~$900K, I figured Weekend Warrior would help me get a good amount of Blue Coral and I could leisurely hack away at the rest of my Ocean Reefs until I was satisfied. I didn't know it came with a task+award to clear 20 of them. I was so surprised, I got started with it and feel somewhat invested to finish it.

That being said, I don't think I could finish it naturally - that is, without "*****ing." I finished clearing 13/20 Reefs and have the money for 15/20. Could comfortably have the enough money for 16/20 with the rest of my boosted crops. 16/20 sounds painfully close, but that leaves ~$320K (4 x 80K). I very roughly calculated my 22-hr items with some miscellaneous stuff, and I probably won't get more than ~$25K extra.

Does anyone think it's worth it to spend 250 Gems for $450K? And then I could use the rest of my Energy on chopping instead of collecting $$$. Or should I just take the L? (this site really needs a crying emoji, would be the most used and most useful one, lol.) It's probably not worth it to finish, but I feel compelled to because I'm soooo close (but not xD) and want the $250K reward "back."

I'm on a timer, so I might not get the replies on time, but it could be useful for future references.
    Last edited by Glimmerless; 06-02-18 at 08:38 AM. Reason: corrected a wrong number

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerless View Post
    Ah... I got surprised by Coral Conniption.

When I started the 24-hour timer with ~$900K, I figured Weekend Warrior would help me get a good amount of Blue Coral and I could leisurely hack away at the rest of my Ocean Reefs until I was satisfied. I didn't know it came with a task+award to clear 20 of them. I was so surprised, I got started with it and feel somewhat invested to finish it.

That being said, I don't think I could finish it naturally - that is, without "*****ing." I finished clearing 13/20 Reefs and have the money for 15/20. Could comfortably have the enough money for 16/20 with the rest of my boosted crops. 16/20 sounds painfully close, but that leaves $311K (4 x 80K). I very roughly calculated my 22-hr items with some miscellaneous stuff, and I probably won't get more than ~$25K extra.

Does anyone think it's worth it to spend 250 Gems for $450K? And then I could use the rest of my Energy on chopping instead of collecting $$$. Or should I just take the L? (this site really needs a crying emoji, would be the most used and most useful one, lol.) It's probably not worth it to finish, but I feel compelled to because I'm soooo close (but not xD) and want the $250K reward "back."

I'm on a timer, so I might not get the replies on time, but it could be useful for future references.
    Let it pass, you get a nice boost, but you can leave without it. Before starting a timed goal, read this forum. I prepared each of those timed goal for weeks to ensure I could deliver within 24 hours without going bust. I did each one of the them with only buying a few corals or anemones in total. Patience is your best resource.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I didn't do any of the part 2 goals to all the mayhem goals. Too expensive and you need millions more for the next arc of the story. The reward doesn't cover anywhere near the cost.

Plus coral conniption is only the first of many goals that needs you to chop the reefs or anemone do make sure you've looked up at what's coming your way!
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1468170

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Let it pass, you get a nice boost, but you can leave without it. Before starting a timed goal, read this forum. I prepared each of those timed goal for weeks to ensure I could deliver within 24 hours without going bust. I did each one of the them with only buying a few corals or anemones in total. Patience is your best resource.
    It's not on the first page! Or is it?? I didn't see it.

Did you mean read the ENTIRE forum?

By "only buying a few corals," did you mean the 20 necessary to complete the timed goal? It's the same amount for everyone, right? Just the means to get the coins and Energy differ for each player.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I didn't do any of the part 2 goals to all the mayhem goals. Too expensive and you need millions more for the next arc of the story. The reward doesn't cover anywhere near the cost.

Plus coral conniption is only the first of many goals that needs you to chop the reefs or anemone do make sure you've looked up at what's coming your way!
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1468170
    It does seem ridiculously expensive. I just checked out the link, and there is one for Clownfish, which would require a whopping $1.8 million (40 x 45K). Rather than the money, do you think the +50 Clownfish reward is worth it? I have 1 Clownfish from 2 Anemones (20 chops). If it's that rare of a drop, I think I would be willing to save up the money for the extra Clownfish reward. Or was I just especially unlucky with my drops, haha.

By the way, is there a reason the timed goals aren't in the first post here? I think it would be beneficial for players like myself (unfamiliar to the game and the forum) to see that information where I first encounter it.

Nightclub Owner
    It does seem ridiculously expensive. I just checked out the link, and there is one for Clownfish, which would require a whopping $1.8 million (40 x 45K). Rather than the money, do you think the +50 Clownfish reward is worth it? I have 1 Clownfish from 2 Anemones (20 chops). If it's that rare of a drop, I think I would be willing to save up the money for the extra Clownfish reward. Or was I just especially unlucky with my drops, haha.

By the way, is there a reason the timed goals aren't in the first post here? I think it would be beneficial for players like myself (unfamiliar to the game and the forum) to see that information where I first encounter it.

This thread is about the first part of the mermaid arc. You still need a lot of resources but it is the Mermaid Mayhem optional goal that will obliterate your savings. Other thread. I got 90% of my corals and anemones from the castle. But it took me 9 months to complete the story arc! The second part with the tidegate is much easier.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    They're in the next arc bc that's when they were released. There is a link on page 1 with an explanation to go to the other thread.

They are also in the main goal guide which is where players should refer to. I have some ideas for improvements but it all comes down to time.

Hope that helps!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    This thread is about the first part of the mermaid arc. You still need a lot of resources but it is the Mermaid Mayhem optional goal that will obliterate your savings. Other thread. I got 90% of my corals and anemones from the castle. But it took me 9 months to complete the story arc! The second part with the tidegate is much easier.
    Hmm. Are you advising that maybe the timed goal isn't worth it? As it seems the bulk of your resources come later.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    They're in the next arc bc that's when they were released. There is a link on page 1 with an explanation to go to the other thread.

They are also in the main goal guide which is where players should refer to. I have some ideas for improvements but it all comes down to time.

Hope that helps!
    This is the second time you've referred me to the main goal guide, I really need to take this to heart. I certainly will do so going forward!

Thank you, ShibuyaCloth, and thank you, SpiritWind00! It's a shame to leave a goal unfinished, but I'll just have to be satisfied with 99 Blue Corals. You two were a huge help, really quick with your responses as well. I appreciate it!

Nightclub Owner
    Hmm. Are you advising that maybe the timed goal isn't worth it? As it seems the bulk of your resources come later.

This is the second time you've referred me to the main goal guide, I really need to take this to heart. I certainly will do so going forward!

Thank you, ShibuyaCloth, and thank you, SpiritWind00! It's a shame to leave a goal unfinished, but I'll just have to be satisfied with 99 Blue Corals. You two were a huge help, really quick with your responses as well. I appreciate it!
    The first part (this thread) is resources intensive as you need to produce large quantities of storm water. That means electric eels, clown fishes and orange shells. By natural drops from the castle I could brew 1, ev 2, storm water a week. So the biggest resource you need is patience, if not you need coins in very large quantities! I have bought a few corals, but that in general just because I was short of 1 orange coral, other wise the drops from the different sources is more than enough !