Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 6/15 - What Storms May Come | Coral Castle | *goals in post 2-6*

Rhino Keeper
    I can hardly believe that I finished this first part of the Mermaid quest yesterday and have moved onto Of Land and Sea.

I've been on this goal since it started back in June of last year, and tried pretty hard with it at first but have been on stop-start for a long time due to non-stop events taking up so much energy. I think it took me longer than sister sister, but was less tedious. I'm super-happy with the look of the Coral castle at level 10, so will take it easy through the next steps. In the end it wasn't the eels that held me up but shells and coral. I don't think my coin collection will ever recover from being hammered so hard in the early stages. I lost count of the millions I've spent. I'm certain it would have taken at least twice as long it I hadn't committed my coin collection to it!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by EsmeW2 View Post
    I can hardly believe that I finished this first part of the Mermaid quest yesterday and have moved onto Of Land and Sea.

I've been on this goal since it started back in June of last year, and tried pretty hard with it at first but have been on stop-start for a long time due to non-stop events taking up so much energy. I think it took me longer than sister sister, but was less tedious. I'm super-happy with the look of the Coral castle at level 10, so will take it easy through the next steps. In the end it wasn't the eels that held me up but shells and coral. I don't think my coin collection will ever recover from being hammered so hard in the early stages. I lost count of the millions I've spent. I'm certain it would have taken at least twice as long it I hadn't committed my coin collection to it!
    I just have reached the same stage, but I did not spend more than a few million. I did purchase the teal anenome and anchor, not that they were a terrific help. What worked for me was collecting from everything Mermaid as often as possible. The castle at level 9 has given me quite a few Coral Reefs and Blue Anenomes. I chopped a number of each with the unlimited energy from the Weekend Warrior. I've done all but the Black Pearl special portions. The orange shells were the bottleneck for me, but I just kept plugging away.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by atiragram View Post
    Just HOW MANY anemones will I need for all those eels? I can?t confirm that clownfish are super rare, I have 22 if them in my inventory and did not even use the fishy formula yet. But I only have 2 eels. If clownfish are super rare, eels must be ultra super extra rare. Or was I just lucky with the fish and unlucky with those eels?
    That's been the same for me. No problem at all with the clownfish, but the eels are practically non existent.

Farm Supplier
    I finally upgraded the castle to level 9 but in the process of buying all the $88,000 ocean reefs to harvest for materials I’ve run out of coins.
    Ugh. I’ve always had enough coins and never had to worry until now. I never realized how long it takes to accumulate coins until this goal came along.

Rhino Keeper
    I can’t find clownfish...is there a secret or are they just super super rare?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kajohn345 View Post
    I can’t find clownfish...is there a secret or are they just super super rare?
    No secret, super, super rare

Farm Supplier
    Hi, not sure this has been answered before, for those who had used the "fishy formula" before, on average how many crown fish do you get ? The limit for crown fish is at 99 and does the chopping of 40 blue anemone yield more than 99 fish ? Currently I have 42 crown fish in my inventory and my castle is at Level 6, so I still unable to make "storm water", not sure i need to wait till Level 7 and use up all the crown fish in my inventory before going to the "fishy formula". Thanks.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerygame99 View Post
    Hi, not sure this has been answered before, for those who had used the "fishy formula" before, on average how many crown fish do you get ? The limit for crown fish is at 99 and does the chopping of 40 blue anemone yield more than 99 fish ? Currently I have 42 crown fish in my inventory and my castle is at Level 6, so I still unable to make "storm water", not sure i need to wait till Level 7 and use up all the crown fish in my inventory before going to the "fishy formula". Thanks.
    You will need truck loads of eels and crown fishes for the higher level of the castle. More then you can wish for. Took me month to finish (didn't want to spending millions in coins). The fishy formula did help but did not close the gap by far.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    You will need truck loads of eels and crown fishes for the higher level of the castle. More then you can wish for. Took me month to finish (didn't want to spending millions in coins). The fishy formula did help but did not close the gap by far.
    For those saying they didn?t want to spend millions of coins, how did you do it? At this point I am on the level of what storms make come part four (I?ve been playing it since it came out, but I never really wanted to use more than 1 million coins at a time.) that?s what?s taking me so long, is that what people mean? That they just don?t want to pour all of their money and go bankrupt at once or is there some secret way to do this without spending coins that I?m completely missing? I do get a few free reefs here and there but not enough to do what?s required for upgrades and to make all the stormwaters and such. Thanks!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    For those saying they didn?t want to spend millions of coins, how did you do it? At this point I am on the level of what storms make come part four (I?ve been playing it since it came out, but I never really wanted to use more than 1 million coins at a time.) that?s what?s taking me so long, is that what people mean? That they just don?t want to pour all of their money and go bankrupt at once or is there some secret way to do this without spending coins that I?m completely missing? I do get a few free reefs here and there but not enough to do what?s required for upgrades and to make all the stormwaters and such. Thanks!
    I've finished the Mermaid event and it took me 6 months! At first I bought many of the supplies to chop, but even if you do that, and eventually you will go broke, you're not going to finish it anyway. You must know when to say 'stop buying' and be patient.
    Looking back, I'm sorry I spent so much coins there, as after 5 months, I'm still collecting to replace what I spent.
    The hidden secret is patience and collect very, very, very often even if you're tired of it. The drops you need are there, you just have to wait patiently.
    I'll add that when I finished there was a big delusion as the Mermaid's quests have nothing to do with the kingdom's funtioning, or any events offered. None of your new Mermaid crafting and crafts are needed except to sometimes fulfill an Elven's request, which on the whole is cheaper to ignore.
    So just collect, collect and collect again and again.. every few hours there's something ready. At the end of the week you craft what you can.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74