• Goal duration was fine

10 25.64%
  • Goal duration was too short

16 41.03%
  • Goal duration was too long

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Let's All Go to The Movies - 2017 May 23 (POLL ADDED)

Rhino Keeper
    A peaceful sunshiny speck of dust in the Caribbean
    Another issue that makes building these goal appliances challenging (aside from the 27 parts required) is that both appliances use parts that players would have used in recent updates.

Metal sheet (9 per Marquee Oven) - The May 2017 sale that began on May 8th offered the Fruit Bar. It required 5 Metal Sheets per appliance.

Coloured Plastic (9 per Marquee Oven) - The May 2017 sale offered the Ice Cream Machine. 10 Coloured Plastic per appliance.

Red Ribbon (9 per Marquee Oven) - December 07, 2016 Winter Sale offered the Gift Box Stove. 6 Red Ribbons per appliance.

Motor (9 per Theatre Oven) - December 07, 2016 Winter Sale offered the Chestnut Roaster and the Holiday Drink Machine. 5 Motors per Chestnut Roaster and 10 Motors per Holiday Drink Machine.

Show Tickets (9 per Theatre Oven) - new part so everyone is starting at zero.

Star Knob (9 per Theatre Oven) - I'm So Star Struck goal released on April 24th needed 7 Star Knobs per Starry Oven.

As recently as 15 days before this goal's release, some players would have used up some of the 6 parts needed for this goal. As a relatively new player, I had none of the re-released appliances (Fruit Bar, Ice Cream Machine, Chestnut Roaster, Holiday Drink Machine) and built multiples of each. There was simply not enough time for players to re-stock their inventory of these parts.

Storm8 needs to put a lot more thought into which parts to use for appliances.

Quote Originally Posted by mogglo View Post
    i'm not really sure if there's any algorithm that can allow them to guess which parts wd be good for all players
    if you are old player, you are stocked very well with older parts, and less - with newer parts.
    if you are new player, no one knows wht did you recently built (for which parts you asked yr nbrs), and how many active nbrs do you have (wht do they send to you).

during 4 years, i don't remember any single event when all the members were happy with parts

actually, using parts recently involved - looks like the best strategy.
    when smth new comes, people keep sending these parts on inertia, even when the event is over, so it cd be a good ocassion to get some leftovers.

otherwise, i just cannot imagin the "optimal parts complect" that wd satisfy 100% players

(of course, we can always organize poll in the forum, let's say, "which 10 of 133 parts do you wish to see for new appliances".
    but, first of all, this statistics will have nothing common with reality: how many players know about this forum? how many of them are registered / talking?
    it wd look like "we asked 1000 people in GB - and now we can say that british love fish more than chips!" lol ))))
    and second of all, wht to do then with rest 123 parts? no surprises any more, everybody are just stockinh 10 parts )))

so, i think, it is impossible to compile the parts quality-wise, but i absolutely agree that something can be done quantity-wise.
    i remember the time when we had in goals 10 parts for 1st oven, and 20 parts for 2nd one (and that was for one month goal! not for 1-2weeks).

i also remember when goal ovens used parts from existing list, nothing new was released: that wd also be very-very nice.
    133 is too much to continue procreating them: let us accumulate 'n' USE them!
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 05-25-17 at 06:04 AM.

Executive Chef

thanks! updated 1st post respectively

Fashion Designer
    Another issue that makes building these goal appliances challenging (aside from the 27 parts required) is that both appliances use parts that players would have used in recent updates.

Metal sheet (9 per Marquee Oven) - The May 2017 sale that began on May 8th offered the Fruit Bar. It required 5 Metal Sheets per appliance.

Coloured Plastic (9 per Marquee Oven) - The May 2017 sale offered the Ice Cream Machine. 10 Coloured Plastic per appliance.

Red Ribbon (9 per Marquee Oven) - December 07, 2016 Winter Sale offered the Gift Box Stove. 6 Red Ribbons per appliance.

Motor (9 per Theatre Oven) - December 07, 2016 Winter Sale offered the Chestnut Roaster and the Holiday Drink Machine. 5 Motors per Chestnut Roaster and 10 Motors per Holiday Drink Machine.

Star Knob (9 per Theatre Oven) - I'm So Star Struck goal released on April 24th needed 7 Star Knobs per Starry Oven.

As recently as 15 days before this goal's release, some players would have used up some of the 6 parts needed for this goal. As a relatively new player, I had none of the re-released appliances (Fruit Bar, Ice Cream Machine, Chestnut Roaster, Holiday Drink Machine) and built multiples of each. There was simply not enough time for players to re-stock their inventory of these parts.

Good research. I have, and have mastered, ice cream machine, chestnut roaster, and holiday drink machine, but if I had not already had these appliances, I would've been tempted to buy them, and it would've been even harder to build these new appliances after having depleting my inventory of certain parts. Whoo, that's a long sentence.

Very poor profit on this goal. I wonder if it's even possible to complete the goal with just the obligatory amount of appliances. I am not trying it, though. I really like the content of this update, so to finish without stress I am buying extra appliances; my profit is likely to be zero.

I don't want to gush, but this update is very cute. I don't care if it was previously released in bakery, because that was before I started playing that game. The goal prize looks terrific. I like the movie screen, but I really don't need two of them. Love the velvet ropes, the Red Carpet display, and the ticket booth is cute. My only problem is that I already love everything in my store, which is now full of New York, Broadway theater stuff. This new stuff integrates so well with that stuff! And the Brooklyn Bridge! I don't want to store that. I actually have two of them. Or the Jazz Band. Or the Galaxy Hologram. I need more space! Actually, I need a second floor.

Rhino Keeper

Totally agree and thanks for this well thought out comment!

There should not be any assumption that since no new parts are needed for the first appliance, everyone already has the parts. I've been playing for exactly 1 year and I had to request 14 of the 27 parts needed.

The developers need to do one of two things: either ensure that no appliance requires more than 20 parts or increase the maximum parts requests that a player can accept per 24 hours.
    I agree, it shouldn't take 2 days to build one stove.
    Developers are purposely making it difficult, so we will get in a hurry and pay with or buy gems to finish the appliances.
    Sadly, this looks like how they decided to get S8 out of debt.
    Their financial problems are why we are getting borrowed, old and out of season goals. They laid-off hundreds of employees.
    They obviously have no intention of creating brand new, seasonal goals for us until they hire their creative teams back.

Executive Chef

Final Goal Prize "Open Air Theater" 80 gems (1 Free) 3x3

Rhino Keeper
    I love this movie goal i love the movie screen and the movie stars with the paparazzi taking pitcures my only concern is the movie theater chair i hope they get the same movie theater chair like in the bakery story coz it looks more like a movie theater chair than the chair here in restaurant story

Fashion Designer
    It looks really tiny...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast