Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Sun leaderboard Event

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar33 View Post
    Why not just add a color type to the Pyramid habitat too? What if someone only made it to the first prize (the habitat)? What will they put in a single type useless 4 dragon habitat? Even if they did make it to the first dragon it'll be a waste of a 4 dragon habitat for 1 dragon
    I'm sorry that it's cramping your space, for now. Since they offered 7 Egypt types, and it was no great hardship to muster the enthusiasm to get a few, I don't see the merit of your point. What you have is a temporary problem, not best solved by permanently ruining for everybody one of the best dragons in the game. Don't hold others back because you are only willing to make a casual investment. Perhaps, if it's a burden, sell it.

I remember when I just had one Champion type. It got it's own habitat. How many it would accommodate was irrelevant. I wanted that dragon.
    What happens to all of these dragons that we sell? Do they go to good homes or is there something more sinister afoot?

Executive Chef
    ★ I'm always putting such drags n habitats into Cold Storage, until they had enough types or strong justifications to warrant them on my island (: ★

The Honorable Panda
    Thread is going a little off topic. There are other threads discussing habitats you can continue your discussions on.

Please keep you posts on topic of the current Leaderboard.

Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    Over half of my score in this Leaderboard has come from the Wheel and Milestones. Even at position 16 I could double the Leader's score in about 15 minutes with a few hundred bars. The enthusiasm has been doused with disappointment, and even if there was a worthy prize, I couldn't count on it being worth the effort by the time the next LB rolls around.
    What happens to all of these dragons that we sell? Do they go to good homes or is there something more sinister afoot?

Fashion Designer
    Well, I'm not making much effort in the current leaderboard thanks to some terrible decisions made by the s8 team. Apparently neither are the rest of my board, possibly the leader might make it to the final milestone, but I doubt the rest of us will. I can't really understand why the points needed for this current leaderboard are so much higher than all the rest of the ones I've participated in. Especially as the dragons don't seem to be anything special. As for the "Raise this dragon for a ton of points" I'm a little confused how under 1000 points so far == a ton, especially when it requires about twice as much food as the average dragon tales to get all the way through that little "side quest". Given how many people cannot farm enough food for a Tales, and that this is straight after a tales, which wipes out many players food; not to mention the repeated requests for rebalancing the food production in the game to reflect the huge demands placed upon it by the ability to raise dragons to level 10, it seems somewhat incongruous.
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    Well, I'm not making much effort in the current leaderboard thanks to some terrible decisions made by the s8 team. Apparently neither are the rest of my board, possibly the leader might make it to the final milestone, but I doubt the rest of us will. I can't really understand why the points needed for this current leaderboard are so much higher than all the rest of the ones I've participated in. Especially as the dragons don't seem to be anything special. As for the "Raise this dragon for a ton of points" I'm a little confused how under 1000 points so far == a ton, especially when it requires about twice as much food as the average dragon tales to get all the way through that little "side quest". Given how many people cannot farm enough food for a Tales, and that this is straight after a tales, which wipes out many players food; not to mention the repeated requests for rebalancing the food production in the game to reflect the huge demands placed upon it by the ability to raise dragons to level 10, it seems somewhat incongruous.
    My former goal was always to keep a million apples in reserve. I've upped that to 2 million now. I really have only 3 level 15 dragons, two of which I raised to breed a Prime Eternal. The other is my Glasswing. Dawn Dragon is cute, but he's just fine at Juvenile or Adult. There is definitely a gap between what we think our labors are worth, raising apples, and what S8 thinks they are worth.

The Side Mission is a good idea. It just fails at expectations.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatFoot View Post
    Hey everyone, the Sun Dias is a 2x2 habitat. It's actually more efficient. In the same space that a normal habitat would take up, you can put 4 Sun Dias habitats and hold double the amount of dragons.

Attachment 37034
    something just hit me : 2x2 habitat might be more efficient, but it is sold for 150 golds ! so how many players can afford 600 golds (4 habitats) ?
    or even would pay such amont ?
    if players can buy with coins, they would probably buy, but using golds to buy habitats ... only players with 14 treasure dragons could do it !
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

This LB is very disappointing imho. I usually get some nice food prizes from milestone chests but none this time. Just LB points and an embarrassing amount of coins; 8k from one chest and 16k from another. I'm sitting on over 1.9 billion coins, I don't need anymore and rewarding such paltry amounts is like a slap to the face.

Dragonwise, Dusk is cute but Dawn and Sun look so flat and are nothing special typewise. I only have a little more than 6.5k points and doubt I'll reach Dawn unless the wheel decides to give me a few gold chests instead of those worthless tiles. Sun is out of the picture since the top 4 or 5 players in my group have been boosting regularly. It's not worth the gold, food, and stress to try for a chance at Sun when I already have a Mage dragon with the same attributes.

As for Sunflower and Sunlight; why are these even late milestone prizes? Sunflower was just recently breedable and Sunlight was an easy to get tales dragon from less than a year ago. I don't mind recycled dragons, just make them ones that we haven't seen in awhile. Dragons that were exclusive to the now defunct spin to win (the one with dragons and food as prizes, not the LB wheel) would be ideal. Old tournament and mining dragons would also be nice.

Events are getting worse and worse. They require more points and are much less rewarding. I usually don't post on forums but this recent decline has encouraged me to voice my opinions. I know I'm not alone. I appear to be joining an ever-growing number of dissatisfied players.

Executive Chef
    Most everyone is bunched up on my leaderboard. I'm at 11 with 7,199 points - only boosted once at the beginning. Just playing how I normally would. I did have the second den for a couple of days when it was on sale during DT, so that helped. I'm not dropping any gold into this event other than the one boost.

Looks like there are boosters off and on. I just don't care. I could make a run at it but I'm still sitting in my corner seething over the dragon that shall not be named being nerf'd..........

Executive Chef
    I got almost 6k this time. Heading for dawn soon. I really love this leaderboard event if everyone is placed more fairly. I am also looking forward to some new exclusive updates in DS. love
    DS:122 Neighbors required!! ADD BAKERYSTOE as well)