Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious sale banner and no pricing of sale items

Nightclub Owner

Mysterious sale banner and no pricing of sale items

As I was searching my inventory for something today, I noticed the pink sales framing around my Stone Spring labeled 3 days as you can see:

There's no price, which confused me, so I placed my Spring to see if that would allow the price to be shown but instead the spot the item normally occupies in my inventory (before the Coffee Carousel) is empty. This is normal behavior for all removed items from the market after they've been placed so I understand that part, it's the sales banner that is confusing me and the way the item is behaving.

Is this item really on sale for 3 more days? If so, there is an issue with purchasing the item. Is this item not currently on sale? If so, the sales banner is an error and should be seen to. I know s8 is closed until Monday but I figured this issue is odd enough to warrant an immediate posting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0004339.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	255.9 KB 
ID:	49052

EDIT: I checked and this is an iOS issue only. If I open the game on my droid device there is no sales banner so it seems as though the banner is the error in this situation.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 12-08-18 at 06:19 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks for that. I don't recall this ever happening before and was very confused by it.

Nightclub Owner
    This has occurred yet again, this time with the Garden Cake.

Name:	Image-1.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	49453

Will someone at s8 please explain what is happening with this?!

First there was the Stone Spring, then there was a handful of items during the recent holiday sales and now this. It's driving me up a wall that there is no explanation for this!

Grand Emperor
    Thanks for your bug report. I've flagged this over. No answer on these yet, will post if/when I do.

Nightclub Owner
    Sorry Rynetory, I know you've done your part in passing this along, but I'm going to keep posting every time this happens until s8 deigns to answer on the subject.

Yet again, when I was scrolling through my decos I see another sales banner without a sales price. It is once more the Garden Cake and the timer is, again, 4 days:

Name:	IMG_3762.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	49640

Looking at all three of the examples together, I've got a new theory. It seems as though these mystery sales banners are somehow an accidental byproduct of the iOS VP offers. Looking at the dates, each time this happens, a VP was released and it isn't happening on my Droid devices only my iOS.

It would be nice to get confirmation from s8 if only to be able to know for certain what is happening.

Grand Emperor
    Oh dont ever be sorry about posting this. I'm happy to help to flag this in and I have been checking daily for answer as well. You bet I will post as soon I get an answer.

Nightclub Owner
    Another month, another mystery banner. Good news is that I've studied this from every angle on both RS and BS and I'm pretty sure I've answered my original question.

I am now convinced that the Mystery Sales Banner is an unintended side effect of the iOS Value Pack Offers. The Banner pops up (with a timer matching the VP timer exactly) around the Garden Cake each time a new VP is offered and only then. Once the VP times out, the Banner disappears as well so I feel pretty confident that they're linked by some stray bit of programming.

Hopefully s8 will be able to do something about this but until that time at least I have a suitable answer to provide other players who inquire about the mystery banner.

Fashion Designer

What's up with the Garden Cake having 2 days left?

It doesn't appear to be for sale. They aren't taking it away from those of us who have it, are they?

Why does it have that red border with the 2 Days Left?

I really like that thing and don't want to lose it.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    It doesn't appear to be for sale. They aren't taking it away from those of us who have it, are they?

Why does it have that red border with the 2 Days Left?

I really like that thing and don't want to lose it.
    This happens every time they have a Value Pack on offer - nothing will change with the Garden Cake. It's actually got nothing to do with that item at all and sometimes it will even show up on other LTO items no longer on offer in our inventory. Weird but true.

The issue was reported in the Bugs Thread but never heard any official word. All I could figure is that it was an unintended byproduct of the VP offers. Gimme a few and I can rustle up the original report that you can look through to see my facts/findings.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 09-20-19 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Removed link - not needed after merging threads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast