Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sub-Menus for the Cellar

Host(ess)

Ability to organise cellar

My storage is a mixed up, jumbled up, chaotic mess. I've been with this game for 3 yrs and have tons of decorations that won't fit on my farm. It would be great if we had a way to organize item into categories. Even separating out by flowers, paths, and fencing would help. Or by holiday, season, event, etc. Any tips on getting organized?

Rhino Keeper
    I like this idea. I too have a very disorganised storage area. I sometimes find it t hard to work out what I have and haven't got. Any way to organise would be great.

Grand Emperor
    Sorry guys, we dont have the ability to organise our cellars. It'll be really nice if we can. Mine is extremely clustered with everything I've collected since game launch.

Moved to suggestion forum where it's better seen by the team.

Executive Chef

Sub-Menus for the Cellar

I know it has been mentioned before on other threads, and I may have posted one myself, but I can't recall. Still...

Please consider adding a few sub-menus to the Cellar inventory. With all the decorations some of us are collecting from various events, along with the pets and the pet habitats, it is extremely difficult to find things. Perhaps, following from what the Buy menu lists, there could be sub-menus for Paths, Fences, and Pets. There might be ways to organize everything else in the Cellar, but these three at least might be sorted out most easily, since there are precedents for these in the Buy Menu.

Rhino Keeper
    That would be great!!!

Executive Chef
    Since June, when I originally posted this thread, there have been (at least) 10 new pets capable of being acquired through events, not to mention the return of older pets (and pets not originally sold) to the Market. I don't know how many players purchased or received pets, but those of us who have been playing from or almost from the beginning have been obtaining pets on a regular basis, and it becomes harder and harder to find them in our Cellar menus, considering all the decorations we also receive during the same events we acquire new pets.

While it would be nice to have menus to sort all the decorations into, I know it would be unreasonable to organize them by season or by event. However, in the Market menu, the animals available for purchase are sub-divided into Livestock and Pets, and the decorations are sub-divided into Paths and Fences (and Skins, but since those don't need to be stored, it's not relevant).

Our Inventory menu, not unlike the Market menu, is divided into tabs--Barn, Silo, and Cellar. I don't know anything about the programming and coding needed to create new sub-menus, but it can't be impossible if it has already been done for other aspects of the game. I know I have approximately 421 (or so) items in my Cellar, of which about 70 (I think...I may have miscounted) are Pets or Pet habitats, and about 30 of which are Paths or Fences. I am sure other, higher level players have even more items and pets in their Cellars. Having at least some of these items sorted out into sub-menus would make it much, much easier to find them when we want them.

The sorting might not even need to be done automatically. Following a future update, players would be able to move items that were out on the farms into the sub-menus, and any time something is pulled from the main menu, it would be sorted into a sub-menu when it was returned to the Cellar.

One other alternative might be to provide a new building (a Kennel, perhaps, for lack of a better name) that would function in the same way as the Cellar, the Barn, and the Silo in that specific items--in this case, Pets and their habitats--would appear there instead. Other players may object to having another building on their farms, but perhaps not. It would still require instituting another sub-menu to our Inventory, but perhaps that would be easier than applying sub-menus to the Cellar itself?

storm8, I would also love to be able to have bins in the shed for organizing items in storage to make it easier to find them. ��������

Rhino Keeper

search cellar by theme

if we could search cellar by theme for our decorations
    Always accepting new neighbors.. ID: grameys.. Dragon story-farm story 2- bakery story- and castle story

Farm Supplier
    I would love my pets that are in the cellar to be separated out from the decorations (and habitats and fences, paths etc if possible) as my cellar is increasing all the time due to the amount of events we have now. I would love to change my pets and decorations more often according to the season/holiday but I find I miss things due to the amount of things stored in there lol.

Executive Chef
    So, the last time I posted about this was almost 2 years ago (I think...unless I mentioned it in another thread). Since then, I have acquired a lot of Pets and a lot of Pet Habitats. And it is becoming very confusing to find all them amid all the decorations that I have also acquired.

I won't list all the Pets I have, but as far as Pet Habitats go, I have: Dog House, Pony Pen, Cat Bungalow, Wildlife Den, Icy Igloo, Exotic Enclosure, Foxy's Den, Nest, Bunny Burrow, Mythical Menu, Rescue Pen, Goat Glade, Tropical Bird Base, Piggy Paradise, Rodent's Grotto, Bird Tree, Crawler's Hollow, Sugar Glider Stop, Haunted House, Cornucopia, Chinchilla Habitat, Duck Pond, Reindeer Stable, Jungle Falls, Backwoods Bayou, Sand Castle, and Gnome Gathering, and also the ones I received from Leaderboard events that I cannot use, like the Roosters' Roost and the Lovebird Tree. There are also the Show Pony Stable and Rabbit Burrow, neither of which I have bought yet, and the Fawn Meadow (which may be a glitch in the Store, because it is ALWAYS locked by "Goal". Those are just the ones that I have...other players may have even more than that. And considering that each Pet Habitat has at least one pet that needs to go into it, that is a lot of pets as well.

Please do not mistake me...I am very grateful for the chance to win all these pets and collect their respective habitats. I just wish it were easier to find them amid all the decorations.

I would like to repeat one of my original suggestions: another non-crafting, inventory building called the Kennel. Maybe it can be part of an update when Android player are finally given the option to store pets. Instead of Pets going back into the Cellar, they would all go into the Kennel instead. The Kennel could be divided into two sub-menus, one for Pets, and one for their Habitats. This would make it easier for players to find the Pets and Habitats they want to put out, and also make it easier to distinguish from decorations that look like they might be Pet Habitats (some of them look very similar, to be honest).

I know the Inventory menus don't have this subdivision...to be honest, it is not really necessary to do so, because the habitats would be with the pets and away from the decorations anyway. Either way, the objective would be met.

(Now...if something similar could be done with the Paths and Fences, maybe into a building called "Groundskeeper's Shed", that would be nice too. But, I won't be greedy )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast