Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Runic Fox - 2017 May 23

Rhino Keeper
    ^I was wondering the same thing, it seems like I'm not getting four per day at level 15. I haven't taken the time yet try to investigate though, so I will make it a point to keep an eye on him. It's possible he's being a crafty fox and not giving us what he's supposed to.

Banned
    Confirmed: I received 2 runes in 24 hours, not 3. My fox is level 13.

Executive Chef
    I have small doubts. if I wait exactly 24 hours ( + like 2 extra minutes to be sure) I get my 4 runes ( from level 15 fox).
    What sucks however is....let's say I collect 3 runes few minutes BEFORE 24 hours are up. Like 2 minutes missing from 24 hours - where 4-th rune should show up. If I do collect the three - the timer seems to RESTART from that minute - counting 6 hours towards NEXT rune, not the mere 2 minutes that should have taken, for the one rune to appear. So for maximum effect - I'm really considering starting to collect ONLY after 24 hours are up ( + few extra minutes) - NO collections in the middle.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    I have small doubts. if I wait exactly 24 hours ( + like 2 extra minutes to be sure) I get my 4 runes ( from level 15 fox).
    What sucks however is....let's say I collect 3 runes few minutes BEFORE 24 hours are up. Like 2 minutes missing from 24 hours - where 4-th rune should show up. If I do collect the three - the timer seems to RESTART from that minute - counting 6 hours towards NEXT rune, not the mere 2 minutes that should have taken, for the one rune to appear. So for maximum effect - I'm really considering starting to collect ONLY after 24 hours are up ( + few extra minutes) - NO collections in the middle.
    Thanks for sharing this important observation. If this is the case, I think we're *****ed by Storm8. I have been collecting runes whenever I like. No wonder I feel I got short changed. It's terrible.

Rhino Keeper
    Looks like Destiel0918 is correct on how the timer resets. I waited a full 24 hours and got all four runes.

Executive Chef
    Good to know. I started to notice this past week. That if the timer WOULDN*T restart after collecting - then we would ideally get 4 runes EVERY tame at the same time - but collecting 2+ 2 - the time started to change for the runes to show up. 12 hours- it showed me I could collect 2 runes- but If I did - then it took another 12 hours from THAT MOMENT to the next " 12 hours- you have 2 runes collection mark". In fact, I collected those " 2 runes on like 16 hour remark - so if the timer wouldn't have restarted- it would have been MUCH sooner.

So - seems the most effective way is being patient - and collect after 24 hours to get most runes. 12 +12 is not worst, but also easier to miss out if you collect before 24 hours - since timer would restart. Those who collect every single rune separately - each time timer would restart - and they may end up with even less- absolutely worst possibility.

I hope they will fix it soon.
    Last edited by Destiel0918; 06-07-17 at 09:29 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by supermaay View Post
    Thanks for sharing this important observation. If this is the case, I think we're *****ed by Storm8. I have been collecting runes whenever I like. No wonder I feel I got short changed. It's terrible.
    No wonder you missed out! Imagine collecting randomly, whenever you like!
    Each time you collect - the timer WILL restart. Let's say you are as unlucky and collect randomly in like every 11 hours - you would get 1 RUNE! Since it takes 12 hours for 2 to appear!. you collect on 11 - and timer RESTARTS counting 6 hours towards next one - no wonder you have had such an hard time! Imagine though, in MOST unlucky case you could only get 2 runes per day ( if you are SO unlucky that you collect ever 11 hours and 59 minutes).

I'm starting to collect ONLY after 24 hours ( + few extra minutes, to be sure) - this way there is no fear that I will miss out. If you collect even mere moments before 24 hours- you would get 3 runes ( not 4) as timer would restart once again!
    By now I'm SURE the timer restarts with each collecting - so don't collect randomly anymore. If you can resist - not even every 12 hours ( when collecting sign repairs" - if you are unlucky - you restart it again - and miss few precious hours!

Please let me know if it changed things for you. Try the 24 hours + like 2 minutes to be sure method. It's really tempting to collect before, but if you resist - it should work. Just be sure it has definitely been 24 hours, if you are really unlucky and collect even 1 minute BEFORE you will miss one rune at least! Since it takes time to even open the game, and you normally don't know which second you collected last day - wait like 2 minutes to be sure.
    I was this unlucky once....thought that it had been EXACTLY 24 hours - but apparently I forgot that seconds also count - and got 3 runes....not 4. Now I always wait extra minute at least to be sure it is safe to collect.
    Last edited by Destiel0918; 06-07-17 at 10:05 PM.

Executive Chef
    And how about the realm rune that's shows above the habitat when I collected 2 of them? I know the max is 4 for the habitat. But im collecting everytime the realm rune appears above. And then I can only collect 2.
    @ Destiel0918;
    Is this just a feeling you have, or can someone from the development team S8 confirm that the timer will reset everytime whe collect?!
    I'm only playing FFS.
    My forest name = Dragon Pool.

Crystal Unicorn @03-2017
    2nd; Sapphire Sphinx @05-17
    3th; Garnet Griffin @08-17
    4th; Pearl Peryton @10-17
    5th; Emerald Dragon @05-18
    6th; Spinel Ravenstag @06-18
    7th; Ruby Razorback @09-18
    8th; Jasper Dragon @03-19
    9th; Obsidian Cyclops @03-19
    10th; Sapphire Cthulhu @06-19
    11th; Valkyrie @08-19
    12th; Topaz Tiger @10-19
    13th; Granite Golem @12-19
    14th; Onyx Direwolf @01-20
    15th; Peridot Phoenix @02-20

Executive Chef
    So far it is observation - but for every day I have checked the time and amount of runes I got. I did like you - once the "collect runes showed up above" I collected and got 2 runes. But few times - I was 4 hours late....so It had been like 16 hours - 2 hours until 3rd rune should have showed up. So I collected. But timer DID restart 100% since next one took 6 hours to show 1 rune, not 2. Tried it several times.

12 hours (2 runes) - collect works fine - if you are really punctual. But if you are even bit late- you WILL create time gap between collectors and miss out.

Also - If you collect once - after 24 hours- there is NO possibility to reset timer and miss out.
    If timer WOULD NOT reset then technically 12 + 12 would be AS effective, but it is not. Let's say you collect ever day 10 am and 10 pm - like clock work... yeah - you would get 4 runes. But if you even ONCE collect 10 am and then 11 pm - you will get new runes 11 am - so - the timer MUST have reset and not counted the 1 hour you delayed before. If the timer WOULDN't reset then we would get runes always on the same time we collected them last time ( 24 hours later), but I tried 12 + 12 method ( as soon as collecton mark appeared above) and each day - I got little delayed, and then I noticed that it definitely starts counting from THAT moment until the next rune shows up. So yes- the timer MUST reset each time you collect. If the timer would NOT reset then it should not have created ANY time gap between 12 + 12 hours. It still should have given me next 2 runes at 10 am - but it was delayed - exactly 12 hours after my last collection. And each day It got delayed a bit more.
    Last edited by Destiel0918; 06-09-17 at 03:59 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I noticed it too. I can't collect exactly every 24 hrs so I'm getting only 3 runes each day instead of 4. I think it isn't fair, the timer should be fixed in another way

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast