341 83.58%
  • I didn't craft the Shadow Lynx

11 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 177 of 179 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1790

Thread: Castle Story: 5/18 Community event | Judgment Gray | Noble Stable

Fashion Designer
    I am puzzled. I read that lower levels got to finish, but many, many lvl 50 (including me) did not. So, was the spawn rate different for them, or did they spend more gems? Or am I missing something? Because in my case, it did not matter that I played a lot (more than I dare admit), there was no way my pasture would get past 8. So I made three cats. They at least are cool, if kind of big. They would look good at the size of the were beasts.
    At least I got some gems, which I refused to spend, because I did not like that this event was so obviously geared to make players spend gems. I don't mind paying, but just don't like being forced to. Kinda like taxes!
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Rhino Keeper
    I am lvl50 and I managed to finish all tasks just on the last day and by buying 2 value packs of furs. Must admit - I did not use any opportunity to spawn lynx, there were days when I loged on only twice maybe. If I would have been glued to game whole periodnof time - probably I could do it without purchases, but not 100% sure if that

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennerwein1 View Post
    I am puzzled. I read that lower levels got to finish, but many, many lvl 50 (including me) did not. So, was the spawn rate different for them, or did they spend more gems? Or am I missing something? Because in my case, it did not matter that I played a lot (more than I dare admit), there was no way my pasture would get past 8. So I made three cats. They at least are cool, if kind of big. They would look good at the size of the were beasts.
    At least I got some gems, which I refused to spend, because I did not like that this event was so obviously geared to make players spend gems. I don't mind paying, but just don't like being forced to. Kinda like taxes!
    Hi Jennerwein,

No the spawn rate was the same but as it was a rare spawn that was the same for everyone no matter the level so it wasn't an advantage to be higher level.

so everyone had the same chance of getting the pelts & same chance of getting level 10.

getting the flowers was harder for low levels & level 50's can do gem exchanges to get 'free gems' easier to get traps so it was still easier for us.

but low levels didn't struggle with having less energy sources (as energy was an issue) which with recent quests has been a problem & so was hard for them to finish them
    Last edited by appppppplecrumble; 06-08-17 at 05:27 AM. Reason: my message didn't make much sense

Quote Originally Posted by appppppplecrumble View Post
    Hi Jennerwein,

No the spawn rate was the same but as it was a rare spawn that was the same for everyone no matter the level.

so everyone had a chance of getting the pelts

getting the flowers was harder for low levels & level 50's can do gem exchanges to get 'free gems' easier to get traps so it was still easier for us.

but low levels didn't struggle with having less energy sources which with recent quests has been a problem
    I am only recently at level 50. Can you please exchange how, or what, is the gem exchange you mentioned that lets us get "free gems". Thanks for the help....

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KekeAndLittle View Post
    I am only recently at level 50. Can you please exchange how, or what, is the gem exchange you mentioned that lets us get "free gems". Thanks for the help....
    Hi KekeAndLittle,

By the free gems i mean in the Royal Exchange is a trade for a golden apple, 3 nuggets & 2 eggs i think (or some combination) and it gives you 5 gems. Is it 10 hours long???

Many long term players have at least 1 gold mine that drops a gold item a day or just over time you build up stock. Doing the exchange four times gives you 20 gems so enough for in a way a free trap. i did the exchange more then normal during the event so if i needed i could get traps on the last day but i didn't need them.

Though ofc the gold mines were bought for real money once upon a time so it's not free free (thou my 1 has paid for itself)

Also ofc you can get golden nuggets, eggs and apples from other places.

Farm Supplier
    I set a timer for both the pasture/Thomas and the mines. I couldn't get enough horseshoes because I couldn't upgrade the pasture fast enough. I couldn't get enough pelts because the cats wouldn't spawn. It took 3 days to get neighbor requests because my game wouldn't sync properly, not because of my lack of good neighbors. This is the 3rd or 4th event in a row now that I could not finish either due to lack of random drops or because of game sync problems. Setting up events as impossible without spending gyms is why I quit all the other Storm8 games I played regularly. Castle Story is all that's left, and I doubt I am going to stick around much longer.

Rhino Keeper
    i have to agree with friend request issues over last few events mine have been very odd.

Even Stormy :-(

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by appppppplecrumble View Post
    Hi Jennerwein,

No the spawn rate was the same but as it was a rare spawn that was the same for everyone no matter the level.

so everyone had a chance of getting the pelts

but low levels didn't struggle with having less energy sources which with recent quests has been a problem
    Hi appppppplecrumble,
    I know about the resource problem for lower levels. On one hand this is not fair, on the other hand I have seen in other games, that you work up to obtain the necessary resources by leveling up and playing. That is you have to earn it. That is a part of those games and is understood. It should not be tedious or difficult to advance though.
    If the spawn rate was indeed the same ( and how do we tell, S8 claim that the beast spawn rate does not change with quests, but it sure looks like it), then it boils down to the luck factor again. And that's OK, most games are part strategy, part luck.
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Executive Chef
    ★ I wish for a easier event, some guaranteed drops, predictable spawn n items (: ★ ty S8 ★

Hi, appppppplecrumble. To multi quote, just tap the "+ icon at the bottom right of each quote. Then tap the +Reply to Thread button.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	37040

All posts you tapped should appear in the window so you can respond to each by tapping the cursor after the last quote bracket.

I was not a fan of this goal either even tho I did finish.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******