162 39.71%
  • The Lynx didn't spawn enough to finish

266 65.20%
  • I crafted 1 or more Shadow Lynx

341 83.58%
  • I didn't craft the Shadow Lynx

11 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 162 of 179 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1790

Thread: Castle Story: 5/18 Community event | Judgment Gray | Noble Stable

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by appppppplecrumble View Post
    But, what about level 25-45 neighbours? & is completion and level 10 for the field S8's & all players goal?
    I was trying to use level 50 as an example - I wasn't saying that lower levels aren't just as important to consider.
    If a high proportion of level 50 players can't complete an event, that speaks volumes to me.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    Two websites say different things it's either a chayn of lynx or a pestering of lynx.
    Definitely not a pestering in my case - I would love if they were! :-)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    I was trying to use level 50 as an example - I wasn't saying that lower levels aren't just as important to consider.
    If a high proportion of level 50 players can't complete an event, that speaks volumes to me.
    No, no, no Cavegirl i wasn't suggesting you were saying that lower levels don't matter i was trying to make the point that, probably badly, that in this quest what level you are didn't matter as much at your chance to get level 8,9 and 10. So if we are talking about how successful it is the fact these players are getting there is important too, no? In two different ways, firstly in the numbers tally.

but also i was saying that often if we are honest level 50's get event buildings 10. This time, with this method more lower level players are managing it too in greater number & that's got to be good for their self esteem & the game when a level 6 tea party truly was almost the last possible level for many players no matter what they tried 24/7 playing they cudnt make all the red dye for example. S8 needs to keep these players in the game as lots of level 50's keep saying on the forums that they have had enough & quitting. i know that less 50's also aren't completing, which is horrible, but we haven't a right to finish all quests just bcos we 50 i've been realising. i dunno but i don't know it's all just evil plot to get us to spend, thou ofc it is a free game so they do need to get money. i just think they are trying a different way to do events that levels the field for the whole community.

the outcome of more people getting higher buildings or making more cats to get the highest horseshoe prize is great for the community as a whole. But this method is painful, it's miserable it's stressful & frustrating & i hate seeing forum friends & my mates in game getting frustrated.

i dunno how to solve this as i said a third way, but these events are hard to pitch right to the whole community. Because the community is so diverse now i think this was aimed at the lower levels that cudnt do the tea party as i believe the tea party was aimed at the higher levels with energy sources.

cant please everyone all the time they are realising as the players are changing even within level 50 you have alicorn herders & not, as said before( i know they were nerfed but they still are useful or people wudnt have them out & even +4 helps.) Trying to cater with events within each event to all different players is impossible.

which is why storyline is a better option or even beast quests more. beast quests must be the easiest thing to program, write and put out there i don't get why they don't do it more esp as people are begging for them.

sorry too long & prob makes no sense i know what i mean i dunno if i'm getting it across

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by wamboltia View Post
    So for the first time in weeks, I don't have much to do. I have tirelessly collected lassos and wildflowers. I have done everything that is under my control. And now here I sit, just waiting for lynx to spawn. Pelts, which are not under my control are the only thing standing between me and this lvl 10 pasture and stable, imagine that. So I feel a little helpless, a little hopeless, after tap, after tap, my buildings spawn nothing or a dire boar. Yesterday I collected 8 pelts all day. 8!! Let me offer my congratulations to those who finished. Bravo! My most sincere sympathies to those who gave up or are realizing that this is yet another goal beyond your fingertips. Due in Large to a factor completely beyond your control.
    All I need is 5 stinking pelts to achieve level 10....is it happening today/tonight... I can't say! I'm retired, I have free time to check in numerous times. I even wake up in the wee hours to tap, to no avail. How can Pinka make a statement, early on, there were no issues with the spawning? Something is completely wrong....I wonder how many players who work/employees at S8, if they play Castle Story, have acoomplished the Noble Stable? Yes, if there wasn't those who forge ahead, it'd be even crazier with guessing as to what's next. I just needed to vent! Haha

Executive Chef
    I only need 26 horseshoes to get the horse. Still don't expect to get the stable since I need 78 pelts to level pasture up to 10. Problem is I can't play much tomorrow.

I wish S8 would make these events shorter and less items needed.

Executive Chef
    I only made it to level 9 and I play VERY regularly. I never had a lynx give me more than 4 pelts, and it was usually 3, sometimes 2. They just wouldn't spawn. I've got in excess of 2000 wild flowers, and 1500 lassos, but not enough pelts. I'm level 50, I have 14 alicorns which I didn't even touch because I didn't need the energy. I appreciated not having to chop rocks and trees out the wazoo this time, but really, S8? Do you even play the games? This was another frustrating update.

Also, I'm completely done with adding yet another animal to this "Menagerie Story" game. Please think of something else other than collecting animals! Perhaps move on with the main storyline?

Tedious. This game has become lackluster and boring. It's too bad, because it once was a mighty game.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by spanisheyes1 View Post
    This is probably not the place for this but I wanted to share. The family of youngest victim, so far, of the Manchester atrocity have a fish and chip shop in our nearest market town and I was there shopping two days ago. I didnt actually understand at first where I was or what I was seeing and then the impact of the sea of flowers and the balloons actually hit me. Seeing pictures in the newspapers or on TV is just not the same, I stopped, paid my respects and felt so ineffectual.
    So I agree with NZ, a stable or horse is not important in the bigger world.
    We have family in Britain and friends in Manchester. Our hearts go out to everyone there. One of my husband's school mates is a copper in Manchester so we contacted him to make sure he and his were okay as soon as we heard. My mother is freaking that we will be headed to Edinburgh in October. It really does put it all in perspective. It's not the end of the world of you don't get a lynx or a horse or a stable. There are so many more important things going on in the world right now. It's just a nice little escape from reality once in a while. I have to say that I have had a 9-5 job through this event for the first time and I was still able to do quite well even though I could only play in the morning and evenings mainly. So I think it was doable.

Wish the game is longer, just a few more days. I like the fact that this event collection was design w reusability in mind. Wild flowers collection also generates abundance of petals to be used in subsequent level upgrades. Bravo! Wished the same was done for horse/lasso and lynx/pelt. Mines and Ivy's Hut are most reliable places to spot lynxes but take hours to complete. If collecting from the horses can occasionally uncover lynxes ppl would be really happy and it makes sense in the story line too don't it? Great shadow cats luring about the stables ��

Rhino Keeper
    ive been thinking about the ways in which being a level 50 or for eg my neighbour & mate Wamb who has been posting above her journey thru this event on the forum just using what she has written here at level 39 with 2 days to go she has collected everything else but is just waiting on pelts. BIG CHEER HONEY

She said above that she had a worry earlier that with only 1 red trillium the wildflowers were difficult but she really worked hard & got them.

As a level 50 i have a few red trills, few fairy beds or whatever they are called & the gem bush so that wasn't hard for me

The only real difference that effects our chance of success that i can see between her & my event is like a lot of my level 50 mates i have a gold mine, just 1, and probably more stock of gold things just from playing longer. This meant i cud do the gold exchange & get gems which i cud use for speeding up or buying traps.

i actually have done a few extra gold exchanges thinking that if needed at last minute i wud buy traps, i haven't actually bought any yet thou or speed anything. i have done a lot of baby sitting my fone i have over 9500 lassos now.

i think that's what i'm trying to say dunno if it explains it better but i think this is S8's goal with this quest. Making it so everyone who is far enough in storyline to have OT, mines & Ivys hut had a pretty much equal chance to go all the way to level 10 be they level 25 or 50.

Trouble is might be a nice idea but to play the event is incredibly frustrating to people. When lucky/unlucky gets involved in a chance situation it can't be controlled & it's sad when some people truly get rubbish luck.

i think if she gets the stable i will be more pleased then if i do. i also like the fairness to all community bit in an event. Just think maybe needed few more spawns. Thou with 2 days to go people have been saying above that they have finished (i know & hate that also lots of people haven't & probably won't - but the tea party quest i see SO many neighbours of all levels who didn't complete) i dunno

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    So, last night I needed 9 more pelts to get to L10. Got 2 spawns this morning, one from Ivy, one from mines and only got 8 pelts. I've done 2 collections (shhh sneakily at work) so far today. Nothing on first collection, on second go round 3 hours later, got a spawn, was about to celebrate and then..... reload of game! lost my kitty. So, another 3 hours to wait. Will be down to the wire to get the horse though.

Changing topic slightly, I have started preparing the poll for this event and will load it on the last day once I'm happy with the questions. I keep changing my mind about what to write to capture the essence of the posts in the thread and be inclusive. Maybe I should outsource the polling job to someone else?