266 65.20%
  • I crafted 1 or more Shadow Lynx

341 83.58%
  • I didn't craft the Shadow Lynx

11 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 98 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 5/18 Community event | Judgment Gray | Noble Stable

The collect-with-one-energy-left trick hasn't worked to spawn a lynx for me. What HAS worked, 3 times, is to collect from cows until a fangbeast spawns, slay the fangbeast, and then immediately collect from Old Thomas. (Although those 3 lynxes from OT only dropped 2 pelts each, that's better than nothing.) My other collections from OT have been empty, and NOTHING has worked to spawn a lynx from my mines.

I don't know if it's slaying a fangbeast that matters; or if it's simply that when conditions in my kingdom are such that a fangbeast will spawn from cows, then conditions are also right for a lynx to spawn from OT. S8's spawning algorithm is obviously very complex. I think that when PikaSquirrel and others desk-check the algorithm, they're overlooking some variable or variables that apply to most of the posters on this thread.

I also switched from playing on my Galaxy phone to my wife's iPad (thanks for SW's hub post #3 on switching devices), that Android-Apple change may have also been a factor. I wonder if the same spawning algorithm is used for those fullscreen popups with the childish graphics, advertising other S8 games, that started appearing a few weeks ago -- I wish I had a lynx for every one of those annoying popups.

Rhino Keeper
    So, needing an additional 325 pelts from this point forward at my current rate is hilariously impossible. Which is okay, I don't need another horse and I seem to get twice as many golden apples from my golden mine as eggs or nuggets. So, I certainly don't need the prizes. Back to plugging away at sending plants to Belladonna and figuring out what's up with Kaz and the fairies.

Good luck to all who are in it to complete!! Hope your spawn rates improve!

Rhino Keeper
    I thought there was supposed to be a cat every time we collected from Ivy's House. I just collected there with no monsters on the board and did not get a cat (or anything else). Collecting from the mines and Old Thomas has very rarely given me a cat (although I've seen more than a few boars!). Flowers and lassoes are no problem, but I can see that I will not be able to advance because of something I have no control over. This is why I get aggravated with the game.

Fashion Designer
    Another ot collection for nothing

Still only at level 2, stupidly upgraded versus crafting a lynx

If I ever get 25 pelts I'm crafting a lynx at least it's a winnable pet, the gray horse impossible at current spawn rate of 1 lynx in 3 days

Executive Chef
    Has anyone posted or have knowledge of what the lynx drops will be after the event ends? I suspect we won't know till then, but thought I'd ask.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by brigadoon365 View Post
    So, needing an additional 325 pelts from this point forward at my current rate is hilariously impossible. Which is okay, I don't need another horse and I seem to get twice as many golden apples from my golden mine as eggs or nuggets. So, I certainly don't need the prizes. Back to plugging away at sending plants to Belladonna and figuring out what's up with Kaz and the fairies.

Good luck to all who are in it to complete!! Hope your spawn rates improve!
    I know it's boring to some, but today I got 2 cats from Ivy and one from a mine. Nothing from stingy old Thomas. So 3 in total . A few collections left before bed....but I doubt I am going to make 6 in a day.

So no .... My drop rate is NOT improving every day.

Executive Chef
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	36857
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	36858

Goal 10
    Donate golden nuggets x 5
    Pay 500 coins
    Upgrade horse pasture to lvl 10

Lvl 10 requirements
    90 purple petals
    250 lassos
    375 wild flowers
    105 shadow pelts

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyperidot View Post
    Only 18 more pelts to get to level 4. And I only have 78 horseshoes (and only have that many because I scraped together enough pelts to make the cat). Good thing I really don't care about the prizes or this event. Otherwise I'd be seriously stressed!
    I am at the same stage as you Although my L6 mine gave me a lynx 30min ago I am now 10 short of level 4.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    I wonder if the number of pelts increase as we move forward day to day versus the number of spawns for the cat. Has anyone noticed anything like that. (I need to start taking notes.).

Nightclub Owner
    Compact form of needs for this event:
    Level Wild Flowers Shadow Pelt Lasso
    #1: 0 0 0
    #2: 25 0 10
    #3: 50 15 15
    #4: 75 25 25
    #5: 100 35 50
    #6: 150 45 75
    #7: 200 60 100
    #8: 250 70 125
    #9: 300 80 175
    #10: 375 105 250
    Total 1525 435 825
    Collector 1526 461 826

In a nutshell, first first 5 days in the event, it is most likely that the final prize is only be achievable if you are willing to spend gems on pelts. Ideally through buying truck loads of traps.

You need an average 5 lynx a day with an average drop of 5 pelts to make it in time. Not even speaking about the horseshoes prize. I will calculate that later based on this assumption.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...