Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boost use in Leaderboard Events

Rhino Keeper

Boost use in Leaderboard Events

I would like to know what your opinions of the use of boosts in the Leaderboard Event are & should they be hidden from other players, like they are in the Bingo. Has anyone received unkind comments on their wall from players who feel that using a boost is *****ing?

Fashion Designer
    One or two negative comments, but none recently.

Spotting a booster in Bingo is no problem. If the last digit of their score is anything but zero or five, they've boosted. I suppose one could obscure that by choosing tasks with even numbered rewards, but that would be really weird.

There is a cadre of almost politically active players who insist that those who play DS with no gold at all are morally superior. What are ya gonna do? Let them rail against the reality that S8 is a business.

Executive Chef
    there is an option to block their future posts
    you tap on the cross like to delete and it show you the option to block their post
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Fashion Designer
    In my own opinion, I don't think using boosts in the leaderboard is *****ing. It's an advantage on getting the rewards, whether they are milestone prizes or the grand prize.

Just enjoy the game and don't let those players drag you down with their unkind comments.

Rhino Keeper
    Only form of *****ing would be using a hack, imo. I don't understand why people think using a boost is unfair, as they're legitimately there for you to use to your advantage. Even if they got rid of the boosts in the leaderboard, people can still spend gold to speed things up on their island. They'll have half the amount of points they'd gain with a boost on, but they can still get ahead of other players.

I hear people saying that they think leaderboard would be more fun if they weren't placed in a group with big spenders. But if there's really a small gap between 2nd and 3rd place towards the end, the person in 3rd place is going to attempt to get ahead at the last minute.

Even if you got rid of the ability to use gold to speed things up and only allowed people to use one nest, one breeding den, and one evolution temple, the complaints will still be rolling in. "But it's not fair other people have more time to check the game, plant more food, got lucky with breeding more rares/super rares/ultra rares, etc."

So just ignore those people and play the game however you want.

Executive Chef
    ★ the booster feature is a legit feature as intended by S8. But whether to use it or not is up to you, if you're willing to spend that Au to achieve a lead against others in LB.

★ S8 prolly intended it to "display" the booster status to create a state of anxiety amongst the players so others would be led to thinking that they would need that boost for themselves too. It's revenue generating for S8 (: ★

★ also as one said it previously, LB is a bidding event, highest bidder through boosting etc, gets the prize (: ★

★ for those who post unkind remarks, just let them know it is legit and you got the Au (: ★

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 06hunter View Post
    I would like to know what your opinions of the use of boosts in the Leaderboard Event are & should they be hidden from other players, like they are in the Bingo. Has anyone received unkind comments on their wall from players who feel that using a boost is *****ing?
    Thank you all for your replies. As long as the game allows us to use boost for our advantage, I will continue to use them & block out all the unkind comments.

Not boosting is almost not fully playing the game. There is a strategy to boosting for maximum points and clinching the win. If you don't do the careful planning and timing, well you're only really playing half the game. With the gifted gold and GPDs now, even those players who don't pay real money can still apply these advanced strategies. Players who insist on not spending gold, are far from superiors players.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Rhino Keeper
    I think showing the boost is good. At least it gives me an indication if I should spend more gold to speed up/boost or just throw in the towel and save my gold for the next event.
    Anyway with the onslaught of events that S8 is throwing at us, missing out some dragons is no big deal.

Fashion Designer
    Unkind comments?

I wanted Collosal Dragon even at the outrageous price so I ended up with two gold statues AND the obelisk because I'd bought them before seeing it was offered with a Dragon I really wanted. I blocked three players during the event. I obviously kept the lead all 11 days and played religiously so the players behind me had better chances at spin. But the comments on wall were down right mean. A neighbor of mine won second prize and didn't join on the meaness. I really appreciated that. It was a weird event I rarely have neighbors in my group and never more than one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast