Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: New Hotter Otter (super rare , Earth Fire) 2017 may 09

  1. #21
    Host(ess)
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arizona desert
    Posts
    18
    Thanks MauiLady7 and Greytmom! I'm glad my results can be of help.
    Mmumford, I love the way you post all the weaknesses it looks really beautiful and is very helpful!

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,953
    The last few tournaments have been a relative breeze for me. Now I'm struggling with this one. I can't figure it out because there are a lot of fire animals, and I always get past them easily by dousing with water, but this time I am really struggling. I seriously wonder if something happens when we post in here. After the last tournament I mentioned that I am okay with spending a few gems here and there to complete a tournament. Now all of a sudden I am having trouble in this tournament. Like, can they go in my account and change my chances or something? Same goes with breeding. Some people post about how they don't spend gems, and I'm over here like, "oh, yeah, if I really want something, I will buy it," and I can never breed any of the limited animals. Well, I'm not buying any more! Not even 250 gems for Mamaroo! BTW, when I hear "mamaroo" I think of Rupaul as some of the drag queens call her Mama Ru! Anyone else make that association?

  3. #23
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    The last few tournaments have been a relative breeze for me. Now I'm struggling with this one. I can't figure it out because there are a lot of fire animals, and I always get past them easily by dousing with water, but this time I am really struggling. I seriously wonder if something happens when we post in here. After the last tournament I mentioned that I am okay with spending a few gems here and there to complete a tournament. Now all of a sudden I am having trouble in this tournament. Like, can they go in my account and change my chances or something? Same goes with breeding. Some people post about how they don't spend gems, and I'm over here like, "oh, yeah, if I really want something, I will buy it," and I can never breed any of the limited animals. Well, I'm not buying any more! Not even 250 gems for Mamaroo! BTW, when I hear "mamaroo" I think of Rupaul as some of the drag queens call her Mama Ru! Anyone else make that association?
    Hey Phoenix. I think these things are really random. I usually do well in these tournaments. But once in awhile I have one that I really struggle with and maybe not even complete. For no reason at all. It's a **** shoot. And I don't have a good breeding record at all. I hit a streak where I get a couple then nothing for months. I really do think it's all random. Go figure some people beat an animal with no problem and then I've spent a whole day on one. It can be frustrating at times but it keeps it interesting.

  4. #24
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    636
    It IS really random in my experience. And it can really stink sometimes, because my luck always seems to be lousy when I love the animal. I've just reached the point where I just roll with it. If I get an animal, great. If not, oh well. Once in a while they come back in a leaderboard as a milestone, which is awesome, or in a Spin-to-Win.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,953
    I don't really remember using my Ornament Octopus for battle before, but he has helped me defeat at least 3, maybe 4 opponents today! He just beat the Garnet Griffin with water, although his Christmas attack was weak.

  6. #26
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    It IS really random in my experience. And it can really stink sometimes, because my luck always seems to be lousy when I love the animal. I've just reached the point where I just roll with it. If I get an animal, great. If not, oh well. Once in a while they come back in a leaderboard as a milestone, which is awesome, or in a Spin-to-Win.
    Just like I posted many times previously, I think the game is random (based on probability) most of the time. However, the probability may be manipulated when it really matters (or during crunch times). It happened to breed rare animals in storybook events as well as in tournaments like this. I have been experimenting for sometimes. In some rounds of the tournament, the probability of beating my opponents was obviously much lower. For example, in many cases, I used an Ultra-Rare fighter with an element which is strong against the both elements of the opponent. It was probably the best I can do but it took me 7-9 rounds (consecutively) to eventually register a critical hit. It doesn't make sense at all in many cases while I can easily beat my opponents using much less fierce fighters. If this happens only 1-2 times in a tournament, I would attribute it to bad luck. However, if it happens 3-5 times in almost each tournament, I would say it's not just luck but the probability has been purposefully tuned down (or MANIPULATED). I think you can still win the tournament if you're diligent but be prepared to be frustrated. good luck to all.

  7. #27
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by supermaay View Post
    Just like I posted many times previously, I think the game is random (based on probability) most of the time. However, the probability may be manipulated when it really matters (or during crunch times). It happened to breed rare animals in storybook events as well as in tournaments like this. I have been experimenting for sometimes. In some rounds of the tournament, the probability of beating my opponents was obviously much lower. For example, in many cases, I used an Ultra-Rare fighter with an element which is strong against the both elements of the opponent. It was probably the best I can do but it took me 7-9 rounds (consecutively) to eventually register a critical hit. It doesn't make sense at all in many cases while I can easily beat my opponents using much less fierce fighters. If this happens only 1-2 times in a tournament, I would attribute it to bad luck. However, if it happens 3-5 times in almost each tournament, I would say it's not just luck but the probability has been purposefully tuned down (or MANIPULATED). I think you can still win the tournament if you're diligent but be prepared to be frustrated. good luck to all.
    I like to provide you with an example. I am currently on Round 23 - Lava Leopard (Earth/Fire). Several elements are strong against either Earth or Fire - Gemstone, Water, Earth, Magic Service. None of these elements are strong against both though. Thus, I decided to use my Dumbledog (Level 15 Ultra Rare) with Magic (strong against Earth). It's the first time in this tournament I used Dumbledog's Magic. It failed 8 consecutive times so far (i.e., 24 strong hits in a row without a single critical hit). Compared to Mamaroo (Earth/Fire) in Round 20, I used Magic by Felione (Level 15 Super Rare). Its first strike was a critical hit. Was it purely luck or a manipulated act? I will never find out but I know it doesn't make sense. Anyway, I don't care and I will continue my Dumbledog strike to see how many more tries before I can register a critical hit. I will report back. Having fun!!
    Last edited by supermaay; 05-12-17 at 10:29 AM.

  8. #28
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    409
    Probability is most likely involved. Sometimes I do believe they tweak the ratio and it's a roll of the dice. I also have had more trouble with the lava leopard than anything else - so far. You increase your chances with the right element, but sometimes you hit a big bump in the road. The above is the best advice. Stay diligent and give yourself a good chance by using animals with strong hit chances. The most frustrating is when you are trying to breed a rare animal for a quest. Then it seems the odds get tougher. I'd much rather take my chances with a tournament than a breeding quest.

  9. #29
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by supermaay View Post
    I like to provide you with an example. I am currently on Round 23 - Lava Leopard (Earth/Fire). Several elements are strong against either Earth or Fire - Gemstone, Water, Earth, Magic Service. None of these elements are strong against both though. Thus, I decided to use my Dumbledog (Level 15 Ultra Rare) with Magic (strong against Earth). It's the first time in this tournament I used Dumbledog's Magic. It failed 8 consecutive times so far (i.e., 24 strong hits in a row without a single critical hit). Compared to Mamaroo (Earth/Fire) in Round 20, I used Magic by Felione (Level 15 Super Rare). Its first strike was a critical hit. Was it purely luck or a manipulated act? I will never find out but I know it doesn't make sense. Anyway, I don't care and I will continue my Dumbledog strike to see how many more tries before I can register a critical hit. I will report back. Having fun!!
    9 fails - still counting. Some may ask why not changing your fighters after 2-3 trials. I used to do that and do not have better outcome because statistically I'm close to a critical hit after a number of failed tries. So I am keep going like a fool.

  10. #30
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    636
    I generally rotate my fighting elements among those that are strong against that particular opponent. However, if I have multiple rounds where no element seems to work, I will start using the common single-element animal over and over.

    I have also had a disproportionate number of times where I will battle for hours in an evening, go to sleep, and win the first round the next morning. It's as if the game takes pity on me. LOL

    It does seem as if the probability of a win with a certain element is increased or decreased on certain levels in a tournament. Unfortunately, there's not really a way to know that until you've lost multiple times with that element.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •