Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedback on the Knight's Tale event

Rhino Keeper
    This is another event I gave up on. I only got to the collecting from the single flower thing. There was no way I was going to get 25 of both dark and light when I can only play a couple of times a day AND the flower was only dropping one petal at a time. Having the option to purchase another flower would have been money I would have spent - even if they were expensive. All I can hope for now is that the elves will start wanting random leftover bits from past events.

Quote Originally Posted by scotslassuk View Post
    Just read through some other ppl having same problem! Well am not going to continue with this "if your lucky" stratagy!! If it states 3adventures it should only take 3!! Am sorry but am sick trying to compete with a timer when your up against time then it comes down to LUCK!! Forget it!! Would rather do without the item than have this jumping from game to forum to try and get answers!! Some ppl don't use the forum and so we are being asked to tell players where to look to be able to craft the bear! S8 are not even putting any relevant information into the game. I find this very unfair😡
    Quote Originally Posted by papatya0 View Post
    I definetely agree....though i startend the Game already....and regret it already!
    Quote Originally Posted by derekpizzaking View Post
    Wow, all I have to say is more and more of these quests are just meant to exhaust us players and our resources. I've been sitting the main goals out on the last few just because I'm tired of being stressed out over a game. I had been completing the side goals and collecting the animals. But even that isn't going to be possible this time without loads of stress, time and energy. 400 teeth to get the frizzly bear, how ridiculous. I used to love this game but I hate it more and more lately. It's not fun anymore, the double quests suck, and as soon as once quest ends, there's another money hungry quest. Let's face it, the game is being ruined for many long time players who used to enjoy it. I've been around since the love shack because I used to love this game. It was my favorite, now I just want to avoid it. I just read so many reviews in the apple App Store and people are just tired of this game all the way around, people who also loved it at one point of time. You just don't care about us players anymore and what people have been saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotslassuk View Post
    Been a Loooonnnnnngggggg time player and can honestly say when this started it was a Pleasure to Play! Now it's turned into Pay to Play!! What was once a lovely story with great goals has been turned into a CHORE!! I've made great friends and honestly it's my only reason for sticking with it!! No longer do I look forward to an enjoyable Thursday quest because there's that "Timer😡" and then there's the "Luck" aspect!! If it states on a "TIMED" Quest 3adventures then it should only take 3adventures!! Not oh by the way if your "Lucky!" You will find what your looking for!! 5adventures down the line ave still not found what was meant to have been found in the first 3!! Beginning to wonder why am even venting nobody cares anymore about what was once a Very Enjoyable Game, it's becoming a money venture😳
    Timed adventures now are pay to play, and pay a LOT.
    This is my LAST timed adveture in Castle. It has become clear that S8 intends to solve their financial problems by having long time players pay $100 or more per adventure.
    Even the animal goal, now requires us to complete the goal to get the Frizzly Bear for 400 teeth!
    I get 1 tooth per bear at 10 energy each, at the same time I have had 3x as many other critters to **** than normal forcing me to BUY their energy special.
    Even worse: When I started this goal, the Frizzly Bear was gonna cost 225 Frizzly Bear ****s. I leveled up mid-goal and now (after spending at least $100) the cost of a Frizzly Bear went up to 400 teeth.
    I have ****ed less than 170 and have 10 ponds and 3 wells out.
    I will not get my Frizzly Bear, and finishing the goal on Saturday (a lot of people don't play weekends) will make it near impossible to finish the goal (I need 20 flowers from neighbors for step 10/1 of 3) and get a Steed.

I QUIT TIMED GOALS. NO MORE FUN.
    If S8 needs to make money off us players, they are doing it the wrong way.
    I don't want S8 to go broke, but neither do I.

Farm Supplier
    Once again not only are the requirements ridiculously time and energy intensive but we are required to wait on other people at the last minute in order to finish the game. We have expressed time and again on this forum how maddening this is yet S8 continues to let us down with each of these timed quests. These quests might be somewhat enjoyable (except for chopping rocks and trees) if they were able to be completed by normal people within a normal time frame. It is sad to me that S8 has turned a really great game into such a mess. If they had stuck with their original theme of allowing people to play on their own time it might still be fun. I used to buy gems based on how much I enjoyed playing this game but I stopped buying gems a long time ago because I do not enjoy the time pressure.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-14-17 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Removed off topic and non-constructive text as per forum rules

It would help massively if they removed the energy limit during a timed goal.
    It's not like we would finish everything immediately, we would still need to wait for: plants to grow, items to be made, animals, special items and wells to reach their times etc.
    We would still run out of things to do, but we would get everything done that we could during each visit.

As it is now, I will stick to normal non-timed goals and enjoy the game without the expense and stress of the last few timed goals.

Host(ess)
    Just want to leave some positive feedback about this event and echo some advice for those who are still going. Overall I thought it was totally manageable and I like the steed (esp it giving gems!) and souvenir items we got along the way. It also had enough bottlenecks and challenges where it didn't feel TOO easy. We didn't have to constantly be doing the same tasks all day in order to finish, and the pauses between chapters allowed for a nice break of focusing on other things. Adventuring with the wisps did need to extend into the next day for me, but that's ok as I was able to make up for the lost time later. (I only had to do about 8-10 adventures vs. 30+ though!) This event did require some planning and strategy, which was fun for me.

Managing the requests was easily the most stressful part of the event for me, but I was very strategic about who I sent requests to. Well before the last day you should make sure you have all of the materials to complete the goals immediately. As far as neighbor requests, if it's possible in your time zone, start sending requests as soon as the clock for the day starts (midnight PST). I'd send only about 15 requests to neighbors you trust the most to be active, and who all are clearly participating in this event. Part of my strategy was also targeting European players, because midnight PST is their morning, and they had several hours while I was sleeping to respond. From there, I started sending a bunch of neighbor requests (including people on this forum). If you see those names helping out in your kingdom or newly appeared on your neighbor list, you know they're around, so start sending requests to them one by one. I got responses pretty much immediately. I managed to get all of my requests by about 10 AM PST and had plenty of time for crafting. Note doing this as quickly as possible also means you're minimizing the window for laggards of the scroll requests to ruin your ability to reach 20 bouquets. Finally, make sure you leave enough time for your knights writ and steed to craft and be collected before the event expires!!

They should've never put neighbor reply on the last day! I could have finished without using gems if the reply counter was stuck at 16 for over 12 hours!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12