Page 53 of 170 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story: Help Me I have a Question

Random Recipes!

Has anyone noticed random recipes popping up under random appliances that have nothing to do with goals? I recently discovered a sweet potato cheesecake recipe on my Bakesgiving Oven that wasn't there before. Should I be checking all the seasonal appliances for new cookbook items or what?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PiHQ View Post
    Has anyone noticed random recipes popping up under random appliances that have nothing to do with goals? I recently discovered a sweet potato cheesecake recipe on my Bakesgiving Oven that wasn't there before. Should I be checking all the seasonal appliances for new cookbook items or what?
    The Bakesgiving Oven was originally released in November 2013 with three recipes: Cranberry Cheesecake, Pumpkin Cheesecake and Yam Cheesecake.

Then in November of 2017 it was relisted and three new recipes were added: Blueberry Cheesecake, Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Sweet Potato Cheesecake.

So far as I know, the only seasonal appliances that have had recipes added since their original release are the ones that have been relisted in the five day goals like the Bakesgiving Oven.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    The Bakesgiving Oven was originally released in November 2013 with three recipes: Cranberry Cheesecake, Pumpkin Cheesecake and Yam Cheesecake.

Then in November of 2017 it was relisted and three new recipes were added: Blueberry Cheesecake, Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Sweet Potato Cheesecake.

So far as I know, the only seasonal appliances that have had recipes added since their original release are the ones that have been relisted in the five day goals like the Bakesgiving Oven.
    Thanks! I knew not to get overly excited lol. Oh well, I'll just master the Sweet Potato Cheesecake and hope that maybe next month they'll have it in a 5 day.

Rhino Keeper
    I began playing during "Hit the Lanes" (bowling) event so I am still lost as to what the standard events are. Is the normal event rotation 15 days, 15 days, 5 days?

Was there ever an official response to this query? Decorating is one of the best parts of this game and it has become so tedious if you have played for a number of years. Why can't we have an END tab button installed to reach the end of your inventory in each category? Also in the earliest versions of the game, your gifts list stayed at the point of your last gift when you moved between neighbors. Why does it always have to return to the starting point of the list. Players need to be able to control this option in game settings. It would save A TON of time when gifting basic parts or food options to neighbors.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppiVille View Post
    I began playing during "Hit the Lanes" (bowling) event so I am still lost as to what the standard events are. Is the normal event rotation 15 days, 15 days, 5 days?
    Yes, it is. There is a calendar in the Goal Speculation thread that was made by long time player. It's very accurate (ignoring that last 5 day goal that started late) but it only goes up to November. I used the Speculation Calendar to help create my own goal calendar on my PC. Here's a link to the post: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1506827

A word of warning is to keep in mind that s8 will not comment on anything upcoming from goals to updates (anything considered speculation) so there's always a chance that things will change in the future. It's happened over the years that we've gotten used to a certain schedule of updates and goals only to have it switch to a new system. Bottom line: the calendar is useful so long as you remember it's speculation and things may change in the future, you'll be fine.

Did the serving size decreased?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by myroute66 View Post
    Did the serving size decreased?
    What recipe are you asking after specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    What recipe are you asking after specifically?
    The new goal recipes, bakery story would serve more if I recall

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by myroute66 View Post
    The new goal recipes, bakery story would serve more if I recall
    I've looked and the new ovens do seem to offer recipes with lower quantities than we're used to in BS on the older ovens. When looking back, it seems the number of dishes per recipe has been lessened a bit but we've reached a new normal. The new system seems to be: the first goal oven gives 350-650 for each dish and the second oven's recipes offer 650-800 per recipe. This is pretty consistent when looking at the goals from the past year so I think this is unlikely to change soon.

The Witches Cauldron is great example of the old yields vs the new yields: The original recipes from 2012 offer 1425, 2825 and 3775 plates per recipe but the newer ones added this year yield 800, 1050 and 1100.

I think this is because there were a lot of comments on players being stuck with too much unwanted food on their counters after goals so s8 lowered them a bit in comparison to the older goal ovens.