Page 48 of 170 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story: Help Me I have a Question

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I don't understand the gifting in this game at all! I am a newbie. When I saw "timed" event I automatically dismissed it. I'll give this a couple more weeks, then I'm out.
    When I go to the gifts I see blue knobs red knobs wood shovels mitts!!????
    Pages and pages and pages of stuff.
    In BS, there are only two options for gifting: food or parts to build ovens. For food, the options are 150 Chocolate Cake, 200 Brownies, 100 Croissant, 50 Cappuccino or 100 Hot Chocolate. On iOS they're all located about 45-50 pages into the options, after the oven part called Oven Element. Now, if you're going to gift parts, the newest ovens are the goal ovens and their parts are located at the very beginning of the gifting list. This time they're called Cinnamon Knob, Chocolate Gear, Campfire Wood and Marshmallow Knob. It will take you a while to figure out what is a standard part (screw, knob, oven element, ie the parts used in many different ovens) and what is a specialty part that is only used in one oven. I think there's a thread floating around that's dedicated to parts and what they're used for.

I've found that players can be very finicky about gifting so my wall clearly states that I only gift parts, during goals I gift the new parts and I gift standard parts the rest of the time. I also mass gift all neighbors the same gift each day (due to time constraints) which is also on my wall so that players know what I gift before becoming my neighbor.

In general, newer players want/need food gifts and older players have enough ovens and stocked foods that they're in need of goal parts. My advice would be to go through your neighbor list, read their walls and see what sort of things they're asking for. If you've got the time to individually gift, have at it! Lots of players will post which item they specifically want on their walls. If not, see where you're at in the game and what sort of gifts you want/need and try to have neighbors that are at the same point in the game who want/need the same things. This way there isn't any upset at gifting the 'wrong' item as can sometimes happen. The add me threads for BS have several specific to gifting; Add Me if you only want and gift food, Add Me if you only gift parts, you get the idea.

I think that's about everything I can think of in this introduction of gifting, hope I covered the basics and this is at all helpful to you. I realized once I started writing this reply that it is something that could be better explained, in game. They could have info on the back of the gifting options explaining what they're used for so newer players wouldn't have to find second hand sources but apparently they thought this unnecessary. It's a very different system to CS/DS but I think that's because in BS/RS it's all about the ovens. Once you get the hang of it, I'm sure it will become second nature. Good luck!

Executive Chef
    Thanks Sweets! I only have 10 neighbors so maybe I can get on the same page with them. I had read in the other thread where someone thought it was odd that they were getting food. I didn't understand what that meant. I think for now I'll stick with the basic non stressful approach.
    Your explanation was great!

Hi. Is it possible to change your Storm8 ID?
    MissTwilight99. Only adding serious players on RS only who do goals, are active and respond to requests quickly. Tipping not as important. I tip most days and gift and accept requests often. Bakery & Restaurant, occasionally Fashion & Pet Shop too.

"If you are searching for a reason to leave, stop. The search is a reason."

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwilight99 View Post
    Hi. Is it possible to change your Storm8 ID?
    Yes, it is You will need to submit a request to Storm8 Support to begin this process. For the category, please select Account Recovery >> Change My ID.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Yes, it is You will need to submit a request to Storm8 Support to begin this process. For the category, please select Account Recovery >> Change My ID.
    Thank you so much!
    MissTwilight99. Only adding serious players on RS only who do goals, are active and respond to requests quickly. Tipping not as important. I tip most days and gift and accept requests often. Bakery & Restaurant, occasionally Fashion & Pet Shop too.

"If you are searching for a reason to leave, stop. The search is a reason."

New Resident

Question Question

I like to ask what I can do whit the gifts I recieve? They are all part off construction, that i can see but how do I construct anything?I am on lvl 24 and still didnt figure it out lol

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsie100 View Post
    I like to ask what I can do whit the gifts I recieve? They are all part off construction, that i can see but how do I construct anything?I am on lvl 24 and still didnt figure it out lol
    Welcome to the forum.

You can use the parts to construct appliances or decorations. See How to construct appliance in Game Guide.

Executive Chef
    The game guide is great. My neighbor asked for a knob on my wall, but there are so many knobs to choose from. Using the guide showed me what the basic knob was as well as other basic parts . I am low level player.
    But speaking as a low level player, there should be an easier way to decipher the parts. I have received things that I don't have a clue what they are used for.

Nightclub Owner
    The game guide is great. My neighbor asked for a knob on my wall, but there are so many knobs to choose from. Using the guide showed me what the basic knob was as well as other basic parts . I am low level player.
    But speaking as a low level player, there should be an easier way to decipher the parts. I have received things that I don't have a clue what they are used for.
    I agree and have no idea why they don't offer info on the back of the parts in our inventories like they do in other s8 games. How much easier would it be to hit the corner button on an item and be able to see all the ovens it's used for? Now that's what bakery dreams are made of -- that and my inventory not constantly resetting back to page one after I place an item that's no longer for sale, lol.

From your post it sounds like you've looked through the Parts Guide but I'd suggest giving the Cookbook Guide a once over as well. It lists the stats on every recipe for the 'regular' appliances as well as every oven in the game with all info regarding them. It shows what parts and how many of each are needed to build an oven, how the oven is obtained and all the recipes you can make on it. A great page to have bookmarked for quick and easy reference, if nothing else.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...STORY-CookBook

Grand Emperor
    See Chapter Parts in Table of Contents (Post 2) in Game Guide. It shows you list of parts and what are they used for.