Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story: Help Me I have a Question

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilliepaddd View Post
    Is there anyway to have a notification the day before a goal? As many times as I ask not to gift, people do...I've been right every time but they don't believe me etc. Help! Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rita6834 View Post
    Wish there was too. I post it on my wall til I'm blue in the face lol and no one reads it.
    Why don't you just turn those gifts down and wait for other neighbors to fill those spots? I mean, unless you only have 20 neighbors who gift.

Farm Supplier

Halloween decor

Is S8 going to LET us have some older tables, chairs decor at a price of course or is this it? If it is I quit.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by yodahead11 View Post
    Is S8 going to LET us have some older tables, chairs decor at a price of course or is this it? If it is I quit.
    I'm not 100% sure what items you're asking about specifically so I'll answer the question generally.

No one, not even s8 themselves, can say what they will or won't do in the future. However, I can say that for as long as I've been playing (over 7 years) they have always offered older items for sale several times a year.

I fully expect to see some older Halloween and Autumn items in the market within the next month and of course we've got Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up in November and then the Christmas/New Year sale is usually another big one.

In general, they usually offer older seasonal/holiday items in sales during the corresponding season so if you're looking for Valentine items, you'll likely have to wait until January or February before we see them on sale, Christmas items in December and so on.

For regular items that are not associated with any specific holiday or season, they also occasionally crop up in sales or even sometimes in Bundles or Value Packs.

Items that were originally obtained through goals are less likely to be seen in future sales but not totally out of the realm of possibility. While not as common, there have been times in the past that Goal Locked items such as tables and chairs have been offered for sale to all, even those who did not complete the goals.

Regardless of the origin of the items, all sales within the game are random and for a limited time only. With this in mind, be sure to keep an eye on the market so you don't miss out on any opportunities. I hope this answers your question, if not, please give more information as to which items you were asking after.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 10-17-18 at 10:14 AM.

Rhino Keeper

Monster oven

When was the monster oven? I have one and wanted to build another but it disappeared when i pulled the one out.

Executive Chef
    It was removed ages ago. As you noted, you can use what you had, but you can't get more.

I?m about ready to quit this game/app. My counters with thousands of dishes disappear after reopening doors in less than a half hour....sometimes minutes. I keep having to close the door for the odd day just to keep refreshing the counters. I lose ALL the goal/theme food that I?ve been making for days/weeks as well regular dishes. The traffic flows fast....I blocked half my seating in case I had too many chairs, though I?ve seen neighbours with way more than I have and no loss of food in theirs. What the heck is going wrong here?!?

Frustrated player soon to delete this game! Storm won?t help, just tells me to go to Forum. Anybody know what?s going on....solution ?
    Mama Mia?s

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeSaw123 View Post
    I?m about ready to quit this game/app. My counters with thousands of dishes disappear after reopening doors in less than a half hour....sometimes minutes. I keep having to close the door for the odd day just to keep refreshing the counters. I lose ALL the goal/theme food that I?ve been making for days/weeks as well regular dishes. The traffic flows fast....I blocked half my seating in case I had too many chairs, though I?ve seen neighbours with way more than I have and no loss of food in theirs. What the heck is going wrong here?!?

Frustrated player soon to delete this game! Storm won?t help, just tells me to go to Forum. Anybody know what?s going on....solution ?
    Mama Mia?s
    I think that you're blocking your door is the issue. It's been noted by many players before that blocking the door to stock up on food doesn't work long term as when you unblock the door your game will sometimes have a blip where it sells off all your food immediately. The door aren't meant to be blocked so the game can't react properly every time as it's not programmed to compensate for this.

Personally, I think it has something to do with the fact that even when you're not actively playing your game, the game continues to sell off your food. So when you block then unblock the door, the game tries to compensate by selling all the food you should've sold during the blocked period but all at once. This doesn't happen every time, so some players think it's a way to get ahead but eventually the 'quick sale' happens which is why it's not recommended.

Unfortunately, the traffic in RS is on the faster side so I try to always make sure I'm cooking at least 3 long time, high yield recipes such as Peking Duck, Roast Chicken, Tuna Melt or Country Fried Steak. Those are just my top picks but I know there are lots more that give thousands of food per recipe for us to choose from. By always cooking at least a few of these high yield dishes, I always have some food on my counters. Even if I'm sold out at my first log in of the day, I've got recipes finished to plate up.

I would recommend trying to not block your door and cooking a few high yield recipes for a few days if not a week and see if you can't find a balance that works for you.

Mama Mia?s
    I took a look at your place. Your bots don't have to walk very far, so they're consuming food quickly.
    Move your hostess stand as far away from the door as you possibly can, and then remove all the chairs close to the hostess stand. Make those bots travel for their food!
    No more than about 24 bots can be fed at a time, so any chairs above that is merely aesthetic.
    If you look at my restaurant, you'll see how I've implemented this " walk a mile for a meal" method.

The Honorable Panda

Mama Mia?s
    The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but the system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier

Unhappy Lily pad chairs?

Hi, everyone!

I don't know if this forum is still that active, but I wanted to take my shot. So I just purchased some lilipad tables, which as we know are 90k a pop. Went to purchase the chairs to discover lo and behold: they don't exist. Perhaps I've over looked them all the many times I've searched. So in the event there isn't a table with the lilipad name, what chair is supposed to go with these tables???

Thanks.