Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story: Help Me I have a Question

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Thearesa View Post
    Check your prices that you can earn on food. Many give more profit. Also have tables so that more guests can visit.
    Sorry, should have put that in my original post. I have about as many tables as my space will allow and I?m choosing foods that have a large quantity and a large payoff. Each of my tables has a chair. It seems like something is off because sometimes during the day I?ll earn around 5,000 coins in a couple of hours during the day (with food remaining on the counters), but only 2-3,000 over a much longer time period with the food all gone. It just doesn?t seem to add up.

Nightclub Owner
    Here are some threads that I've bookmarked and refer to often, even after years of playing. They're older threads but the information in them is still accurate and very helpful.

Thread on maximizing profits in general: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40398

Thread on the game's math and how to figure out your earnings exactly: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...nt-calculator)

Thread on best seating arrangement for profits: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...without-maths)

And the Restaurant Story CookBook thread which lists every basic recipe and their stats so you can pick and choose which recipes will work best with your playing style and log in schedule: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...STORY-CookBook

Host(ess)
    Yeah it?s BS. My wife plays a few other games like fashion story and Pet story she said its getting bad on those games too

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jws3rd View Post
    I got a question whats with the increase of ads in the game all of a sudden. Now videos play on there own and they take away from speeding up food cook times. Its getting annoying are you trying to get people to delete the game or something. I have a few free games that dont play ads
    and I have put money on this game so I dont get it. Please explain I dont get why you started playing so many ads as soon as you open the game you get bombarded with ads sometimes they play again when your tipping your neighbors. I dont want to fill any form out I did and I get no response
    Also I dont have unlimited data and Im not around WiFi 24/7 so if I want to jump on and serve my food real quick thats pretty much impossible because at some point an ad is going to start playing its stupid video
    Quote Originally Posted by jws3rd View Post
    Yeah it?s BS. My wife plays a few other games like fashion story and Pet story she said its getting bad on those games too
    Simply put, the new pop up ads are just the newest way for s8 to advertise in-game. The only official response I've seen on the issue was posted in a DS thread on the subject:

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Advertisements allow us to let everyone download and play the app for free and to continue supporting the game with new content.
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    The ads are a way for people who don't support the game to support the game and continue receiving free content. Most free services use ads to pay for their operation costs.

New Resident

How do I gift items someone has requested?

I keep getting notifications that neighbors are requesting materials to build things but I don?t know where to go to see the requests. Can someone help me?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Osterfay View Post
    I keep getting notifications that neighbors are requesting materials to build things but I don?t know where to go to see the requests. Can someone help me?
    Here's a link to the RS Game Guide section on gifting and requests which should offer a basic overview: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1413261

Host(ess)
    Ok then why dont other games do it. ??
    Its not an ad and done its an ad then few minutes later here have another and then another it is annoying

I don?t know, but are any of the settings for the game somehow thinking we are in Airplane Mode?
    Somehow another device disconnected from the internet & we somehow it was in Airplane Mode.
    Would that show up somewhere in the Storm 8 games for the reason we keep getting disconnected or would that be
    something an agent would have to check?
    Thank you very much,
    Amy
    ​Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetodesign View Post
    I don?t know, but are any of the settings for the game somehow thinking we are in Airplane Mode?
    Somehow another device disconnected from the internet & we somehow it was in Airplane Mode.
    Would that show up somewhere in the Storm 8 games for the reason we keep getting disconnected or would that be
    something an agent would have to check?
    Thank you very much,
    Amy
    Airplane mode, is a process for the device, not the game. It stores in game progress until you login in via wifi, etc. BS/RS both require an active connection to open the game. If your connection keeps dropping while in game, it can happen if you are working on design for an extended period, and your game images in inventory vanish or you receive the "You must be connected" message. I think this is built into the game to reduce server load? I find exiting the game (force stop if necessary on Android), and clearing ram (android) allows you to log back in. And continue. At least this is my experience.
    Restaurant Story: Riverside Lodge
    Bakery Story: Millyways

I don?t have an Android device. Mine is an iPad (6th Generation) iOS 12 is what it came with but has been updated.
    We also have a different payment method & not sure how to find out if that is the problem.
    It seems like since the latest update being disconnected constantly from the games keeps getting worse since the previous time. Clearing the ram seems to just work for a couple of seconds & then we are getting the message again.
    Someone from Apple logged in and looked at iTunes from their end & same with out Internet Provider. We have been on the phone with them & not sure what else to try. Yes, they can see that we don?t have Airplane Mode turned on or other settings that the device doesn?t support.
    ​Amy