Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story: Help Me I have a Question

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    There isn't a way to delete accepted gifts, but there's no limit on the parts you can receive so it's not like you'll run out of space. (Technically you can receive up to 32000ish parts, or 32000ish of each individual part or something like that--high enough that it's not really a limit, anyway)

If it just bugs you on principle (me too!) console yourself with the thought that maybe the next appliance to be built will require those old spring leaves or wagon wheels or whatever, and you'll be ahead of the game in building them! That's why a lot of players just accept all gifts when there's nothing new to be built, they want to be ready for anything.
    It depends on how badly you want to get rid of those parts. You could look up the parts list of different appliances and build them and then sell the appliances that would get rid of the parts but you're going to pay more more for the appliance then you will get when you sell it. I only mentioned this way because I know there are people with OCD who would love to see those items gone so they can have a cleaner look on their parts list .

In the future you should just decline those gifts that you do not need. You only get 20 gifts so you should make them count. If you decline it does not count against you and it allows someone else to give you what you actually want or need. I put on my wall what parts I do need or I will have the appliance that I am building and its parts. If you let your neighbors know what you need they will be able to choose the right parts. When your neighbors know what to give to you you will become an easy neighbor to work with and you will probably see more traffic and your gifts will max out quicker.

Can someone tell me what the firecracker bolts & dials are for?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by hondagirl12332 View Post
    Can someone tell me what the firecracker bolts & dials are for?
    They are used to build the appliances required for the limited time Spitfire Surprise goal - you can visit the current goal thread for full details.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe2357 View Post
    It depends on how badly you want to get rid of those parts. You could look up the parts list of different appliances and build them and then sell the appliances that would get rid of the parts but you're going to pay more more for the appliance then you will get when you sell it. I only mentioned this way because I know there are people with OCD who would love to see those items gone so they can have a cleaner look on their parts list .

In the future you should just decline those gifts that you do not need. You only get 20 gifts so you should make them count. If you decline it does not count against you and it allows someone else to give you what you actually want or need. I put on my wall what parts I do need or I will have the appliance that I am building and its parts. If you let your neighbors know what you need they will be able to choose the right parts. When your neighbors know what to give to you you will become an easy neighbor to work with and you will probably see more traffic and your gifts will max out quicker.
    Wow, old post!

(And actually I do build old appliances to get rid of parts! How did you know? I just try not to recommend my OCD methods to other people.)

There are a lot of appliances listed. Is there any point in working to build ones without needing them for a mission? Besides putting in time/something to do, of course. If so, which ones are best?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaXYZ View Post
    There are a lot of appliances listed. Is there any point in working to build ones without needing them for a mission? Besides putting in time/something to do, of course. If so, which ones are best?
    Yes! They often offer different neat recipes that basic appliances do not have. If you are looking for a lucrative appliance, I would recommend starting out with the Swedish Stove.

Host(ess)
    Can Someone help me figure out how to move the dang door? I did it years ago but that was on my phone. I'm on a Acer Chromebook 315 now, if that helps any.
    Happy Cooking
    May God Bless You & Yours

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMustang93 View Post
    Can Someone help me figure out how to move the dang door? I did it years ago but that was on my phone. I'm on a Acer Chromebook 315 now, if that helps any.
    You always have to have at least one door and one cash register out due to the way the game is programmed. If you want to move the position of the door, you have to first place a second door before you can move the first.

New Resident
    I've been doing a lot of searching to find this answer but have had no luck. Forgive me if I'm blind and have missed it:

I'm trying to build my second and third "classic oven" for the Comfy Retreat goal. In the past, I've been able to buy the appliance and then ask neigbours for help building it. However, this time, when I try to purchase the oven, I just get a message telling me that I need nuts and bolts in order to build it.

Is this a bug? Do I need to collect the parts before purchasing the appliance? If so, doesn't that prohibit me from being able to ask neighbours for help?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by roven1987 View Post
    I've been doing a lot of searching to find this answer but have had no luck. Forgive me if I'm blind and have missed it:

I'm trying to build my second and third "classic oven" for the Comfy Retreat goal. In the past, I've been able to buy the appliance and then ask neigbours for help building it. However, this time, when I try to purchase the oven, I just get a message telling me that I need nuts and bolts in order to build it.

Is this a bug? Do I need to collect the parts before purchasing the appliance? If so, doesn't that prohibit me from being able to ask neighbours for help?
    You just have to make sure you're tapping toward the left side of the icon. If you tap by the hammer image then you'll get a pop up explaining what the constructible in question requires to build.