3 8.57%
  • Disagree

7 20.00%
  • Strongly disagree

0 0%
  • I didn't participate

0 0%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Return to The City - May 5, 2017 (POLL ADDED)

Executive Chef
    Unsurprisingly, I love it! Not only is it hometown goals (hi mikepastry!) but I was already doing a my-favorite-things theme this month, starting with my favorite meal, breakfast--so it fits right in already! And will fit even more when I get to my fave city!

Past that, it looks like it will match well with the last NYC theme, and it's really nice to flesh that out. At the time, I was one of those objecting to the central park picnic final prize being not NYC-specific enough, but these prizes are more obviously here. Very happy! Gonna go get started now!
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Quote Originally Posted by mikepastry View Post
    As a New Yorker, I am especially thrilled to get this goal! Thanks, Storm8! I also love the idea of coordinating wallpaper. I was always thinking about how great it would be to create my own unique landscape by using different kinds of wallpaper that perfectly match. And here's the first time we actually got 2 coordinating wallpapers!

I am also pleasantly surprised at the profitability of the first appliance, the first recipe's return is more than 4x the money you spend. The second appliance looks awesome, like a real decor piece. Love it! I only hope that the final goal prize will be at least 3 x 3.
    I am so jelly of the ppl who did the previous NY goal and have the mini Lady Liberty and the other mini I forget what it is but now they get to add the Empire State Building and the Brooklyn Bridge to their lil mini collection for NY lol
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Finally getting around to posting my thoughts on this update

• I really like the two wallpapers we got! It's neat that they work together and we can place them side-by-side I'd love to get more of these moving forward
    • It's also really, really nice that we got a crate to go with the goal content - the goals and crate together give so many items to fully flesh out the Broadway/NYC theme
    • I love love LOVE the box prizes! Even though the box theme itself is musicals, I really like how versatile the individual prizes are - the applicable theme of Halloween comes to mind, of course, but there are some prizes (like the adorable Little Redhead!) that could function just as easily in an everyday setting, which I really appreciate
    • The new box being on sale for 12 gems was also a huge plus, and in combination with the point above, a great incentive for me to try this box out. This is also something I hope continues with future boxes, and I'd love to see this box on sale again in October for Halloween
    • Thank you also for giving us the box prize information - it was really helpful to receive this so quickly after the update came out #MMBAppreciation
    • Haven't gotten to the 2nd appliance yet, but the first appliance recipes look GREAT, and I really, really like the design of the 2nd appliance. I feel like I can place it down in a street-side/carnival/boardwalk setting and it would look completely in place. It looks as decorative as it does functional, and I'd love to see more appliances like this as well.
    • Nowhere near this in my current progress, but... I'm really hopeful for the final prize! From the preview, it appears that duplicate pieces could connect together to form a mega-bridge, and if that's the case, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS PRIZE BE FOR COINS!
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Executive Chef

Rhino Keeper
    I'm loving the city theme! I'm feeling inspired.

I do wish we had recieved this theme in Bakery Story though. But regardless, I'm loving the themes Storm8 has been giving us lately {except the space & mexican theme, lol}
    Last edited by Scawr; 05-06-17 at 01:58 AM.

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Executive Chef
    Really hate the part in goals where you need to ask neighbours for items

Executive Chef
    Okay, one disappointment: I went back to grab the NYC items from previous, and last time was an empire state building too! They're very different looking, but really? You couldn't have gone for the Chrysler building (it's prettier anyway) or 1WTC or the flatiron or st. Patrick's or something?

Still happy overall though.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Okay, one disappointment: I went back to grab the NYC items from previous, and last time was an empire state building too! They're very different looking, but really? You couldn't have gone for the Chrysler building (it's prettier anyway) or 1WTC or the flatiron or st. Patrick's or something?

Still happy overall though.
    Another Empire State building? There's only one Empire State building ? I couldn't put out two, it just wouldn't be right.

Also, I have found it difficult to incorporate into my design previous bridges that only have one span. Much more effective to have multiple spans. Would be nice if this additional copies of this goal item could be purchased for coins.

I really dislike the new wallpaper. Much prefer the previous cityscapes released. Fortunately, buying a different wallpaper counts towards the goal.

Love the new tiles! ( wish we could rotate tiles.) oriented one way they look like stairs. They kind of create an optical illusion.

And yes, the Chrysler building would be nice. I really love the Chrysler lamp that I think I was a box item in bakery story.

Executive Chef

Quote Originally Posted by pcabral03 View Post

I love the food cart grill! I'm excited that it has tamales as a recipe too. Thanks for keeping us updated too.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 05-07-17 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Removed Mod actions - answered you via pm. :)
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast