View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
447. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

187 41.83%
  • Neutral

109 24.38%
  • Disagree

84 18.79%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.79%
  • I tried but had to give up

61 13.65%
  • I crafted the Light Steed

181 40.49%
  • I crafted the Dark Steed

167 37.36%
  • I crafted the Frizzly Bear

84 18.79%
  • I didn't craft a Frizzly Bear

279 62.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 5/4 - Storybook event | The Knight's Tale | *4 day timed poll added*

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Hmmm, that never showed up in my inventory. But it did complete, and gave me a pop up saying I'd received a squires book as a reward. I checked inventory to see if book #2 showed up. There was nothing new in inventory, so I hit read, and finished the chapter. Just checked 3 libraries, on the off chance something would drop, but nada.
    I really hope we don't need these things in a later chapter.........
    I also got the pop up at goal 1 of a squires book as a reward and nothing was in my inventory. I got another pop up after "A Plushy Knight's Tale" dropped from the library with a squire book as a reward, but again that also wasn't in my inventory. So I think the "reward" book and the Knight's Tale are different items? I'm wondering if the goal reward book is really unlocking something we don't quite realize yet? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Sunny Squire to the Grand Poobah
    ⚔ Proud Member of the Thuakie Sword Society! ⚔

Proud owner of this, engraved #1, 'Needle' Sword: ☀️ ={}=========>

Rhino Keeper
    Just out of curiosity: I already ****ed tons of bears and yet the side goal is not in my book. Do I need to do anything specific to trigger it? Not that I intend to have one (not a huge fan of Zoo Story instead of Castle Story).

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks to the lovely helpful people who posted next steps here it was no disadvantage to have had only one marketplace out when I started. Getting cottages, libraries and farms out ready and waiting meant I could zip through the other tasks and I'm now waiting for chapter three to start in 8 hours.

I'm hoping it isn't necessary to get the bear to finish this event, I simply can't face all those battles and am already far behind. I never collect from the polar bear or the armoured bear, don't need another.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeast72 View Post
    Yeah, i know both that it's random drops of 1-3 and that the bracers aren't affiliated with starting (other ppl had already mentioned this before i even posted). However, I found it to be interesting that my drop experience paralleled the other 2 players referenced in my post, except on #1&3 i got a tooth in place of their bracer, all numbers created equal. I was mostly just pondering the insight. Some ppl haven't spawned any bears at all, some 1tooth each, and i was simply questioning (or hoping, lol) if there was some method (in terms of S8 coding) to this madness. Of course, I'm by no means a developer or even 'programming literate' for that matter, thus in my ignorance I'm curious how they write for random, that is in its entirety or perhaps some x factor grouping. I mean it doesn't seem fair to some for it to be [this] random. You work hard (time, energy, loyalty, & of course gems) you should be rewarded. But evidently, we're playing the Frizzly Bear Lottery... odds 1:32,000,000! ;}
    That explains a lot But that's also not always the case either, as my first few bears I got 1 or 3 teeth and no bracers. So we may be grouped somehow or it's just a coincidence.
    I'm voting for the latter, as this game is as random, as it can be

I personally find myself wishing for the days when they added "gifts" to send neighbors of the things we need for timed quests��<sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeast72 View Post
    I'd say start right when you wake up (e.g. 6am) if you dont have your 4 marketplaces ready to collect and preferably cottages. If you do have them ready to go then it wont matter what time you start on Day 1 bc the new day wont start until midnight or basically when you wake up. In my experience if you wait until autostart, in the past it always starts 12hrs before the new day. But basically, if your marketplaces & cottages are ready then it wont matter what time you start on Day 1 as Day 2 will start at midnight. So assume you go to bed at 10pm every night and wake at 6am. If you're not ready start at 6am (or as soon as you wake), this will give you the fullest amt of the day as possible. If your 4 marketplaces & 10 cottages are ready to collect then you can pretty much start whenever in the day and when you wake the next morning Day 2 will have started. See outline below for how this works and we'll pretend it it ends at 11:59pm instead of 12:00am for an easier read:

Day 1: Start: ? End: 11:59pm (midnight)
    Day 2: Begin: 12:00am End: 11:59pm
    Day 3: Begin: 12:00am End: 11:59pm

So if Day 1 is a Saturday and you start at 6am, Day 10 will end Sat 11:59pm (midnight). Mostly, what time you start doesnt matter except for working the actual tasks around your schedule. I would say the most important thing is make sure your prepared as far into the chapters. However, if you only have say 5 cottages ready (assuming you have all 4marketplaces) , it will take 4hrs to collect and thus start at least 4hrs before. It would help to know how many markets & cottages you have. Also keep up with the forumn as sometimes it's beneficial to leave a chapter open for a few days, otherwise collection can stop in between chapters. Not sure if thats the case on this event or not since it just started. I havent started yet either bc I want my Steed so Im waiting for the awesome players who forge ahead to check it out for us and make sure the coast is clear! Thanks for that guys ;}

I hope this helps. I know you said youve been playing a while, so for the most im probably preaching to the choir. And one thing is for certain, im not writing any technical manuals anytime soon (im horrible at this)!
    It's ten days. If you start at any time at all on Saturday in California, it'll end Monday at 11:59pm pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by storiadelcastello View Post
    But a great way to store energy when you have extra between events. Also less energy if you combine 3 plants into one. Then you get 3 or 4 petals for one energy
    Good point, if there's a chapter with no work to do and you aren't looking to spend all of your energy towards ****ing the bears, might as well spend 5 or so on flowers/dust per floral grow.

Uh-oh I'm hoping we won't need too many adventures. I only have one Simple Feast, a few breads, and very little flour after the last event. Wondering if I should be hunting bears or harvesting wheat. It's a bummer having just 2 kitchens!

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    It has been confirmed that there are 2 levels with different requirements for this event - Low level is 15-30 and High level is 31-50

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnybrook2 View Post
    Chapter 3

3-1 meet w Old Thomas 0/1
    3-2 venture to the forest 0/1 (1 simple feast,,3swords)
    3-3 venture to the forest 0/3 ( collect light and dark wisps)
    Thank you for posting steps sunnybrook2.

Adventure timer is 1hr. 30 mins

My adventure collections from chapter 3- Act 3:

Kingdom #1 collections from 5 adventures...1xlight /0 / 0 / 0 / 1xdark /
    Kingdom #2 collections from 6 adventures...0 / 1x light / 1x light / 0/ 0 / 1xdark.

Adventure disappeared.

CHAPTER 4 (4 acts) high level player.
    Act 1.. Introduce yourself to the squire (tap hello)
    (Adventure appears again)
    Act 2...Place a dark wisp lily....Craft in potion shop... 1x dark wisp, 20x water, 10x glimmerdust.. Says 2hrs but timer is 1 hr.30 mins
    Act 3...Place a light wisp lily....Craft in potion shop... 1x light wisp, 20x water, 10x glimmerdust.. 1hr. 30 mins
    Act 4...Harvest the dark and light wisp lilies x 1

Timer on dark wisp lily when placed is 30 mins and so far only gives coin
    Last edited by comeseecomesah; 05-05-17 at 11:59 PM.