View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
447. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

187 41.83%
  • Neutral

109 24.38%
  • Disagree

84 18.79%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.79%
  • I tried but had to give up

61 13.65%
  • I crafted the Light Steed

181 40.49%
  • I crafted the Dark Steed

167 37.36%
  • I crafted the Frizzly Bear

84 18.79%
  • I didn't craft a Frizzly Bear

279 62.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 109 of 116 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1152

Thread: Castle Story: 5/4 - Storybook event | The Knight's Tale | *4 day timed poll added*

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    They sent out at least 80 requests on that day and after 20 came in on day 1 the next 60 rolled over to day 2 until 20 were answered. Then the 3rd day next 40 showed up until 20 answered, etc., etc. until they've been depleted.
    Hopefully you didn't send that one since it may mess up their requests for Chapter 10. When those requests go out, they'll only be able to get 19. (Unless they save Stormie for that last one).
    What does this mean? I sent to stormie on day 7, and am now stuck at 19 on day 10 requests. Does this mean I'm not going to be able to get that last bouquet? I only sent out 40 requests on day 7 as suggested on this forum. Pls help! I only have 15 hours left and I'm in a panic. 😭

Quote Originally Posted by jadefern34 View Post
    What does this mean? I sent to stormie on day 7, and am now stuck at 19 on day 10 requests. Does this mean I'm not going to be able to get that last bouquet? I only sent out 40 requests on day 7 as suggested on this forum. Pls help! I only have 15 hours left and I'm in a panic. 
    If a neighbor responded to an old request for the scroll on the day you sent out Thank you requests, it will be included in your 20 per day limit thus causing only 19 thank you for Chapter 10.
    If you didn't send to Stormie yet (good idea never to unless you really need to since he can be 21) nows the time to do that.

Have you tried sending to other neighbors? Or did you send a request to all?

****S8****
    This is why you don't have more than 1 neighbor request in a timed goal!!! And never on the last day of the goal!!. I thought this was remedied many StoryBooks ago but I guess not. SMH
    Last edited by meme1098; 05-16-17 at 09:15 AM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

If a neighbor responded to an old request for the scroll on the day you sent out Thank you requests, it will be included in your 20 per day limit thus causing only 19 thank you for Chapter 10.
    If you didn't send to Stormie yet (good idea never to unless you really need to since he can be 21) nows the time to do that.

Have you tried sending to other neighbors? Or did you send a request to all?

****S8****
    This is why you don't have more than 1 neighbor request in a timed goal!!! And never on the last day of the goal!!. I thought this was remedied many StoryBooks ago but I guess not. SMH
    Oh dear, I had one neighbour send me a scroll today. I sent the thank you request to all neighbours today, including Stormie. So, looks like I'm going to have to spend 6 gems to get that last bouquet?
    I really hate it when I can only complete a quest depending on elements not within my control. Doesn't matter how much time I put in, I still end up having to pay with precious gems.

Rhino Keeper
    They sent out at least 80 requests on that day and after 20 came in on day 1 the next 60 rolled over to day 2 until 20 were answered. Then the 3rd day next 40 showed up until 20 answered, etc., etc. until they've been depleted.
    Hopefully you didn't send that one since it may mess up their requests for Chapter 10. When those requests go out, they'll only be able to get 19. (Unless they save Stormie for that last one).
    And the thing that really stinks is realizing you may have screwed this up for someone. I got a two day old request this morning and sent without thinking. Really hoping they already got their twenty bouquets. (And I was on autopilot and didn't even look at the name.) Please spread out neighbor requests, S8!!

On another note, I got my first collection from my Light Steed. Two gems and an earth wisp. Pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by brigadoon365 View Post
    And the thing that really stinks is realizing you may have screwed this up for someone. I got a two day old request this morning and sent without thinking. Really hoping they already got their twenty bouquets. (And I was on autopilot and didn't even look at the name.) Please spread out neighbor requests, S8!!

On another note, I got my first collection from my Light Steed. Two gems and an earth wisp. Pretty nice.
    The thing is that it may not be an old request. Take me for instance, I usually start the storybook event a few days later because I want it to end on a day that I can play more often and to see what is required and prepare for it. So, how do we know whether requests are old or new? S8 should just limit neighbour requests to one per event or do away with limiting only 20 requests per day n requiring said number to clear a goal and putting nbr requests on final chapter.

Rhino Keeper
    The thing is that it may not be an old request. Take me for instance, I usually start the storybook event a few days later because I want it to end on a day that I can play more often and to see what is required and prepare for it. So, how do we know whether requests are old or new? S8 should just limit neighbour requests to one per event or do away with limiting only 20 requests per day n requiring said number to clear a goal and putting nbr requests on final chapter.
    I never understood why neighbor requests are usually positioned on one of the last days of an event. I was fortunate that I have a core group of responsive neighbors that I can usually rely on. But since I knew that there were complications related to the two neighbor requests, I was very careful about only sending requests to a limited core group initially and I kept track of who responded. I would add people to my list if I received a request from them, since I knew that they were actively playing. So by using that strategy (sending 10-15 requests to my most active neighbors and then sending follow-up requests to people I received requests from), I received my bouquets within about 6 hours. I did keep Stormie as a last minute safety in case I needed just one more bouquet, but I didn't need to send the Stormie request.

As for my steed, my first drop was 2 gems and 2 coal. I've lost some of the interest in getting the frizzly bear once I learned that it is just a cow dressed like a bear and I don't need more milk. I'm currently at 305 teeth, but can't seem to justify all of the energy to get a cow/bear. He's cute, but not that cute. And I already have quite the zoo collection. You would think that the reward would match the level of investment. So I am mostly battling the frizzly bears as something to do, but won't be disappointed if I miss the 400 mark.

The way to tell if it's an old request is if it says it is ___days old. When you get a request that says it was sent 2 days ago, that means the player sent it two days ago and reached their limit of 20 one day ago. When they roll over (they don't always and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how this works) the next group of 20 neighbors gets the two day old requests. It's usually no big deal, but in this case, when there is a second neighbor request, accepting an old request can cause trouble with the second request. That is why players were advising on here to not send too many requests on day 7, to avoid the rollover.

As for why there are two neighbor requests in the same event, and why there is a request on the last day, I believe the fact that so many players have been forced to complete it with gems explains the reason for that.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 05-16-17 at 02:45 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    I'm happy to post that my light steed is baking right now. For a while, I did not think I would get here. The Frizzly Bear was an impossibility for me, as I have no extra sources of energy. As of this moment in the event, I have 115 teeth. Up until day 7, I was using every spare bit of spare energy collecting from ponds and battling bears. But I realized at that point that I was never going to make it to 400 by the end, so I gave up on that goal. Looks like I'm in good company, though, as the poll is currently showing that for every one person that was able to craft a bear, three of us were not. Looking forward to the rumored upcoming monster hunt, as I'd really like to finish the Princess Lorelei's Fountain quest.

New Resident
    Hello,

I can't build the Knight's Tribute. The message "You're at your limit!" Is displayed. What should I do so that I can build Knights Tribute?

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by apizki View Post
    Hello,

I can't build the Knight's Tribute. The message "You're at your limit!" Is displayed. What should I do so that I can build Knights Tribute?

Andreas
    I had to sell a farmhouse to be able to place mine. You may have to sell more than 1.