View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
447. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

187 41.83%
  • Neutral

109 24.38%
  • Disagree

84 18.79%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.79%
  • I tried but had to give up

61 13.65%
  • I crafted the Light Steed

181 40.49%
  • I crafted the Dark Steed

167 37.36%
  • I crafted the Frizzly Bear

84 18.79%
  • I didn't craft a Frizzly Bear

279 62.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 92 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 5/4 - Storybook event | The Knight's Tale | *4 day timed poll added*

Fashion Designer
    Sorry to read all the issues those had who were on day 10 yesterday. I was on day 7 and was lucky to get those responses relatively easily. But it was wonderful to see everyone here trying to help out. What a great group of people.

I am hoping that my great neighbours don't decide to take a break now many have finished , so they will be around for my day 10!

Nightclub Owner
    On this account it took me around 1 hours to get 20. Just a matter of luck with the neighbors and the request backlog!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    Sorry to read all the issues those had who were on day 10 yesterday. I was on day 7 and was lucky to get those responses relatively easily. But it was wonderful to see everyone here trying to help out. What a great group of people.

I am hoping that my great neighbours don't decide to take a break now many have finished , so they will be around for my day 10!
    even if finished.. I keep checking continously for players who still have time to finish. keep your eye on finishing time, so you can make sure your steed is crafted and safety placed in your kingdom.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    I too got stuck. My counter stuck on 15 for most of the day. Then stuck totally at 19. I paid the gems for the last bouquet. Not pleased about this, but I am now crafting my horse.

I have said it before and it seems I shall have to go on saying it. There should not be neighbour requests on the last day of a timed quest unless/until the infrastructure is fit for it. This is just stupid - annoying good players/customers for no good reason.
    Yes agree totally. The same happened to me. Stuck on 15 most of the day, it gradually creeped up to 18 before I gave in and used 12 gems to complete and build the Knight's Tribute. Thanks to a couple of brand new neighbours who asked to be invited as a neighbour and we then quickly exchanged bouquets otherwise I might have given up on this at the bitter end.

Living in the UK, I was up until very late at night waiting for those last elusive bouquets from neighbours, and then I had to set my alarm early to collect the Knight's Trial from the Magic Forge and craft my Black Steed before the event finished at 8am UK time. I wouldn't have bothered with finishing this if the Steed wasn't going to drop Gems occasionally. I didn't even try going for the Frizzly Bear with it's useless drops.

Feeling that this was intentional on S8's part to set up the last stage of a timed quest relying on us getting 20 requests using the flawed request system so that many of us had to use Gems to finish. Luckily I'll get those gems back eventually from the Steed (I hope).

And ironically I'm still receiving requests for bouquets from neighbours from yesterday that are useless now...

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I sent out requests to all my neighbors, closed my game and came back in 2 hours. When I came back I still said 0/20 so I force closed and then the goal completed. You need to make sure you're synced with the servers. Good luck to those close to the finish line!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    1) We have to rely on 20 neighbors responding timely
    2) We have to rely on neighbors not answering the requests from Day 7 on Day 10
    3) We have to rely on the game working properly (Today I sent 2 requests from my main account to my two other accounts, answered form both of them but never received "thanks".)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I sent out requests to all my neighbors, closed my game and came back in 2 hours. When I came back I still said 0/20 so I force closed and then the goal completed. You need to make sure you're synced with the servers. Good luck to those close to the finish line!
    I can't understand why S8 would make the last day of the chapter relying on us getting 20 neighbours to answer our request.
    Getting neighbour responses is never an easy task for me and prob a lot of others. I don't spend money on this game at all and don't plan to. I play this for fun but this is Doomed to fail when relying on this kind of request on the last day grr.

New Resident
    Thanks to krisna, alvaka and camelot from this forum for your help! I had to spend 6 gems for the last bouquet anyway because i got stuck like many others...the responses from my neighbors came hours later... S8 please don't do this in the last day of future quests!

Executive Chef
    Just like to say that if you send a request on chapter 7 to say 30 neighbours and had no problems with responses, you should send requests on Chapter 10 to the same 30 neighbours (not just the 20 who respond and/or other neighbours) because if amongst the 10 that did not respond in time, some may be sporadic players who do not play every day. Sending the requests on Chapter 10 to different neighbours may result in the sporadic players responding to chapter 7 requests if they happen to log on during the day you are on chapter 10 before your active neighbours do. Sending requests to the same neighbours in Chapter 10 overrides earlier requests in chapter 7 even if they don't respond.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    Just like to say that if you send a request on chapter 7 to say 30 neighbours and had no problems with responses, you should send requests on Chapter 10 to the same 30 neighbours (not just the 20 who respond and/or other neighbours) because if amongst the 10 that did not respond in time, some may be sporadic players who do not play every day. Sending the requests on Chapter 10 to different neighbours may result in the sporadic players responding to chapter 7 requests if they happen to log on during the day you are on chapter 10 before your active neighbours do. Sending requests to the same neighbours in Chapter 10 overrides earlier requests in chapter 7 even if they don't respond.

That's great advice. This request stuff is so confusing because it doesn't always work the same.

My problem is some of my Chapter 7 responses came after 20 hours (middle of the night for me) which would mean I'd never craft in time. I spent chapt 8 and 9 seeing who visited and sent me requests. Hoping this helps

Rhino Keeper
    For anyone who is having a problem with the counter not going up even though you can see that neighbours have responded it may be that closing and restarting doesn't help. When this happened to me this morning I went off and visited a few Neighbours and checked out or posted on a few walls and sent a couple of gifts - and bingo! the counter updated from 11 to 18 with some additional responses coming through as well. So if you are having problems and force closing isn't enough I'd suggest giving this a try before using gems or getting too stressed. Good luck everyone!