View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
447. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

187 41.83%
  • Neutral

109 24.38%
  • Disagree

84 18.79%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.79%
  • I tried but had to give up

61 13.65%
  • I crafted the Light Steed

181 40.49%
  • I crafted the Dark Steed

167 37.36%
  • I crafted the Frizzly Bear

84 18.79%
  • I didn't craft a Frizzly Bear

279 62.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Castle Story: 5/4 - Storybook event | The Knight's Tale | *4 day timed poll added*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story: 5/4 - Storybook event | The Knight's Tale | *4 day timed poll added*

The Knight's Tale
    Time Zone Converter: compare where you are with United States-California-San Francisco

[==Update requires app update to Version 1.6+ on iOS, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 5/4. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 5/7 12 PM DST.==]

Please follow the forum posting rules or your post may be removed. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    if your post contains feedback about the event, your post has been / will be moved to the Suggestion forum - https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...t-s-Tale-event.

Win the Knight's Writ from the Knight's Tale Event and trade it for your very own Knight Steed!

Tips about the Event
    1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
    2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
    3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
    4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

5. There are 2 sets of requirements for this event - Low level is 15-30 and High level is 31-50

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Just a reminder...the tiny terrarium and the little Fire pit from previous storybooks are both great sources of iron ore. They are both 1x1 and have a 2 hour timer. Very helpful when crafting lots of longswords!

Also don't forget to check the autumn raccoons and skunku-pets for wheat.
    The harvest pergola for a chance at flour, bread, maybe grits(?), and possibly even a ready made simple feast!
    The food shelter for bread.
    The milk and dairy trades for bread and grits.
    The frog prince, level 5 horse track & jousting arena, Thurston's fort, and knights hall for ready made long swords.

These aren't guaranteed drops, of course. But they happen often enough to make it worth the energy IMHO. I'm sure there are probably others I've missed, but those are my go-to collections.
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    Some of you were wondering about crafting an extra lily since we had to collect 3 wisps. I crafted 2 black lilies because they look cool, but you really won't need to worry about collecting from them very much since you only need 10 petals to craft the steed. The petals had no other purpose in the storybook. And the players who do not want the bear will still need 70 teeth in chapter 9, but you'll get most of those by fighting the 25 bears as part of the goals.

Some guidance on the 2 neighbour requests - how you might make it work:
    * Keep a record of who is sending you requests as they are clearly active and playing the event.
    * For the 1st request, limit requests to your most active neighours (those who have sent you a request) and try for about 40 requests.
    * If those neighbours return your requests within a day, then it means for the 2nd request, they should also be the neighbours to target first.
    * For the 2nd request, send your request to the same 40 neighbours including Stormie, then send out to everyone (just tick everyone).
    * The second request overrides the 1st requests if your 1st request was not responded to (I know this is true...I have multiple accounts)
    * Getting requests 4-7 days later is just the way gifting works. Not all of your neighbours a delivered a request at once.

Posted 11 May:
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Thank you guys for all of your feedback on the event. Light and Dark Wisps will now drop more frequently from the 'Venture to the Forest" adventure.
    If you're level 31+ and haven't spawned Dire Boars in your Kingdom yet, please follow #33 in the Story Outline Guide to complete the Goals in your Kingdom Goals and get the Dire Boars.

Knight's Steed - 2 colours (limited timed event goal, level 15+) limit 1 Cannot be sold
    This item was only available during the event it was released.
    Info: A noble steed of noble breed upon which a dark knight journeys! Pet it to see what items it found for you!
    Collection time: 22 hours
    Speed up: 88 gems
    Drops: 2 gems, energy, jewels, 2 dragon scales, coal, earth wisp, longsword.
    Requirements: craft the Knight's Steed using the Knight's Writ which is the prize for completing all chapters

[ I have separate entries for the steeds and other event items in the working are of the inventory guide on page 4. As soon as official drops are known, I'll update the Inventory Guide. SW ]
    White/Dark Knight Steed drops:
    • Coal
    • Jewels
    • Longsword
    • Light Armor
    • Earth Wisp
    • Coins
    • Gems
    • Dragon Scales
    • Energy

Frizzly Bear drops:
    • Fur
    • Rat Tail
    • Creep Tooth
    • Fey Crystal
    • Milk

You can only craft one of the steeds for this event. Once you start to craft one of the steeds, the Goal will complete and the option to craft the other one will disappear.

Please do not spend Gems to buy another Plushy Knight's Sword and Knight's Helm to obtain another Knight's Writ. If you already did, please submit a ticket through the Request Form and support will help you out.

***YOU CANNOT CRAFT 2 STEEDS***
    DO NOT CRAFT 2 OF THE OTHER ITEMS (sword or helm) UNLESS YOU WANT THEM JUST AS A SOUVENIR.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-17-17 at 03:00 PM.