View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
447. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

187 41.83%
  • Neutral

109 24.38%
  • Disagree

84 18.79%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.79%
  • I tried but had to give up

61 13.65%
  • I crafted the Light Steed

181 40.49%
  • I crafted the Dark Steed

167 37.36%
  • I crafted the Frizzly Bear

84 18.79%
  • I didn't craft a Frizzly Bear

279 62.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 116 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 5/4 - Storybook event | The Knight's Tale | *4 day timed poll added*

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story: 5/4 - Storybook event | The Knight's Tale | *4 day timed poll added*

The Knight's Tale
    Time Zone Converter: compare where you are with United States-California-San Francisco

[==Update requires app update to Version 1.6+ on iOS, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 5/4. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 5/7 12 PM DST.==]

Please follow the forum posting rules or your post may be removed. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    if your post contains feedback about the event, your post has been / will be moved to the Suggestion forum - https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...t-s-Tale-event.

Win the Knight's Writ from the Knight's Tale Event and trade it for your very own Knight Steed!

Tips about the Event
    1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
    2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
    3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
    4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

5. There are 2 sets of requirements for this event - Low level is 15-30 and High level is 31-50

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Just a reminder...the tiny terrarium and the little Fire pit from previous storybooks are both great sources of iron ore. They are both 1x1 and have a 2 hour timer. Very helpful when crafting lots of longswords!

Also don't forget to check the autumn raccoons and skunku-pets for wheat.
    The harvest pergola for a chance at flour, bread, maybe grits(?), and possibly even a ready made simple feast!
    The food shelter for bread.
    The milk and dairy trades for bread and grits.
    The frog prince, level 5 horse track & jousting arena, Thurston's fort, and knights hall for ready made long swords.

These aren't guaranteed drops, of course. But they happen often enough to make it worth the energy IMHO. I'm sure there are probably others I've missed, but those are my go-to collections.
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    Some of you were wondering about crafting an extra lily since we had to collect 3 wisps. I crafted 2 black lilies because they look cool, but you really won't need to worry about collecting from them very much since you only need 10 petals to craft the steed. The petals had no other purpose in the storybook. And the players who do not want the bear will still need 70 teeth in chapter 9, but you'll get most of those by fighting the 25 bears as part of the goals.

Some guidance on the 2 neighbour requests - how you might make it work:
    * Keep a record of who is sending you requests as they are clearly active and playing the event.
    * For the 1st request, limit requests to your most active neighours (those who have sent you a request) and try for about 40 requests.
    * If those neighbours return your requests within a day, then it means for the 2nd request, they should also be the neighbours to target first.
    * For the 2nd request, send your request to the same 40 neighbours including Stormie, then send out to everyone (just tick everyone).
    * The second request overrides the 1st requests if your 1st request was not responded to (I know this is true...I have multiple accounts)
    * Getting requests 4-7 days later is just the way gifting works. Not all of your neighbours a delivered a request at once.

Posted 11 May:
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Thank you guys for all of your feedback on the event. Light and Dark Wisps will now drop more frequently from the 'Venture to the Forest" adventure.
    If you're level 31+ and haven't spawned Dire Boars in your Kingdom yet, please follow #33 in the Story Outline Guide to complete the Goals in your Kingdom Goals and get the Dire Boars.

Knight's Steed - 2 colours (limited timed event goal, level 15+) limit 1 Cannot be sold
    This item was only available during the event it was released.
    Info: A noble steed of noble breed upon which a dark knight journeys! Pet it to see what items it found for you!
    Collection time: 22 hours
    Speed up: 88 gems
    Drops: 2 gems, energy, jewels, 2 dragon scales, coal, earth wisp, longsword.
    Requirements: craft the Knight's Steed using the Knight's Writ which is the prize for completing all chapters

[ I have separate entries for the steeds and other event items in the working are of the inventory guide on page 4. As soon as official drops are known, I'll update the Inventory Guide. SW ]
    White/Dark Knight Steed drops:
    • Coal
    • Jewels
    • Longsword
    • Light Armor
    • Earth Wisp
    • Coins
    • Gems
    • Dragon Scales
    • Energy

Frizzly Bear drops:
    • Fur
    • Rat Tail
    • Creep Tooth
    • Fey Crystal
    • Milk

You can only craft one of the steeds for this event. Once you start to craft one of the steeds, the Goal will complete and the option to craft the other one will disappear.

Please do not spend Gems to buy another Plushy Knight's Sword and Knight's Helm to obtain another Knight's Writ. If you already did, please submit a ticket through the Request Form and support will help you out.

***YOU CANNOT CRAFT 2 STEEDS***
    DO NOT CRAFT 2 OF THE OTHER ITEMS (sword or helm) UNLESS YOU WANT THEM JUST AS A SOUVENIR.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-17-17 at 03:00 PM.

Lower level requirements are being updated by player calicokittennope in this post: click here!

You can only craft one of the steeds for this event. Once you start to craft one of the steeds, the Goal will complete and the option to craft the other one will disappear.

Please do not spend Gems to buy another Plushy Knight's Sword and Knight's Helm to obtain another Knight's Writ. If you already did, please submit a ticket through the Request Form and support will help you out.

Grand Prize: Knight's Writ - entitles you to a knight's steed!

Old Thomas: Sir Thurston is busy with knights-in-training across the Kingdom. If you can find him, your presence would mean a great deal to his squires.
    Chapter 1:
    Goal 1 Visit marketplaces 0/4 GO (skip 88 gems)
    Goal 2 Visit cottages 0/10 GO (skip 40 gems)
    Goal 3 Visit farmhouses 0/10 GO (skip 10 gems)
    Note: If you get the message that says you are at the limit on town buildings, you have to sell a different town building (look in your market so you sell the right one/s in order to get another marketplace).

Old Thomas: The library is warm and comforting and full of grand old tomes. It is easy to see why a bookish young squire would spend time here. Still, you did promise Thurston to inspire the lad toward more knightly pursuits.
    Chapter 2:
    Goal 1 Search the Library 0/1 GO (skip 16 gems)
    Goal 2 Find the Squire's Book 0/1 GO | the goal will complete when the Squires book drops from the library.
    Goal 3 Read a Plushy Knight's Tale 0/1 READ

Old Thomas: Gemma, the miller's daughter, is nowhere to be found. However, sitting next to an open window is on old tome called *A Plushy Knight's Tale.*
    Chapter 3:
    Goal 1 Meet with Old Thomas 0/1 GO (skip 4 gems)
    Goal 2 Venture to the Forest 0/1 GO | Castle only, 1.5 hours - 1 simple feast, 3 swords (speed up 6 gems) | the goal will complete when you collect from the adventure
    Goal 3 Collect light and dark wisps 0/3 GO | the goal will complete when you have 3 wisps. You may need to go on several/lots of adventures to get the wisps.
    Note: If you get 3 of one colour, the adventure is available once again when chapter 4 begins, so you can keep trying for the other colour....

Venturing into the forest, you follow the path described in *A Plushy Knight's Tale.* The way is dark and leads deep into the wood, to a mysterious meadow full of flowers made of darkness and light.
    Chapter 4:
    Goal 1 Introduce yourself to the squire girl 0/1 HELLO
    Goal 2 Place a dark wisp lily 0/1 GO | Potion Shop 2 hours - 1 dark wisp, 20 water, 10 glimmerdust (timer is only 1.5 hours) | if you want 2, craft both at the same time (speed up 6 gems)
    Goal 3 Place a light wisp lily 0/1 GO | Potion Shop 2 hours - 1 light wisp, 20 water, 10 glimmerdust (timer is only 1.5 hours) | if you want 2, craft both at the same time
    Goal 4 Harvest the dark and light wisp lilies 0/1 GO (skip 2 gems) | timer on lilies are 30 minutes. Speed up 2 gems
    Note: you can collect from the dark and light lilies in between chapters and it will count toward the 25 you need in chapter 5. If you have more than 25 in inventory, the goal will auto-complete.

Gemma insists that a larger number of enchanted petals are needed to summon an enchanted sword. They don't come cheap, you know!
    Chapter 5:
    Goal 1 Gather light petals 0/25 GO (skip 50 gems) | collect from the light wisp lily
    Goal 2 Gather dark petals 0/25 GO (skip 50 gems) | collect from the dark wisp lily
    Goal 3 Forge the Plushy Knight's Sword 0/1 GO | Magic Forge, 3 hours - 25 dark petals, 25 light petals | Speed up 12 gems.
    Note: dark wisp petals 4 gems each | light wisp petals 4 gems each

A horde of angry Frizzly Bears decends upon she who wields the Plushy Knight's Sword! You might want to lend a hand.
    Chapter 6:
    Goal 1 Defeat Frizzly Bears 0/1 (skip 15 gems) | Goal Prize - Frizzly Bear Trap
    Goal 2 Lure a Frizzly Bear with a Trap 0/1 GO | place the trap on your board from inventory and chop it. Make sure you don't have any other monster on your board or the trap won't work and you'll have to spend 10 gems for a new one.
    Goal 3 Slay Frizzly Bears 0/20 GO (skip 300 gems)

Turns out Squire Moffrey is on holiday with his parents. As ruler, it is your right to summon him to court...but you'll have to find him first!
    Chapter 7:
    Goal 1 Visit Kingdoms 0/20 VISIT (skip 200 gems) | visit community players
    Goal 2 Receive Knight's Scroll 0/20 Ask (skip 160 gems)
    Goal 3 Summon Moffrey 0/1 SUMMON | press the green Summon button to complete the goal

Knights are only as good as their ruler! You must set the example and lead these young squires in training.
    Chapter 8:
    Goal 1 Slay monsters 0/10 GO (skip 50 gems) | These monsters count towards goal 1: Fangbeast, Skunkupine, Glimmer Golem, Dire Boar, Yellow Skunkupine, Green Fangbeast, Blue Dire Boar, Purple , Glimmer Golem, Frizzly Bear
    Goal 2 Give boar pelts 0/75 GIVE (skip 450 gems)
    Goal 3 Celebrate at a Tavern Level 5 0/1 GO| you collect from either a Level 5 or a Level 6 tavern to complete this goal.

If you have not yet be*** the Troll Tribe goal lines available at level 22, and you are a player level 31 and above, you will not have been introduced to the dire boars and therefore you need to decide whether to use gems and skip this bit or stop playing. Refer to quote posted in Post 1 from PikaSquirrel.

That horde of angry Frizzly Bears came roaring back...literally! Is there some connection between them and the Plushy Knight's Sword? You shall soon find out!
    Chapter 9:
    Goal 1 Slay Frizzly Bears 0/15 Go
    Goal 2 Give Frizzly Bear Tooth 0/70 Give
    Goal 3 Find the Knight's Helm 0/1 Go | (I found the knight's helm after fighting just 2 bears. Kattkrazie)

So it was that Squire Gemma saved the kingdom...with a little bit of help. A ceremony was to be held in her honor, so all in the land would know the true qualities of a knight.
    Chapter 10:
    Goal 1 Receive Thanks 0/20 ASK (skip 120 gems)
    Goal 2 Build the Knight's Tribute 0/1 GO | Market, 100 coins. Build: 50 jewels, 75 bones, 20 knight's bracers, 10 golden eggs
    Goal 3 Complete the Knight's Trial. (Use the rewarded scroll to claim a Knight's Steed!) 0/1 Go | Magic Forge, 3 hours - 1 Plushy Knight's Sword and 1 Knight's Helm | This goal is crafting the Writ. Time stops once you collect your craft, but make sure you collect before the timer runs out!

* After you complete goal 3 you receive a Knight's Writ from crafting the Knights Trial. You can craft either a black steed or white steed.
    * You'll need 1 Knight's Writ, 25 glimmerdust, and 10 light petals for white horse or 10 black petals for black horse.
    * The Knight's Trial has a 6 hr. timer and drops 200 coins. 2x2 statue.
    * The Black Steed's drops are being recorded in post 1. They are exactly the same. Just the crafting time is different.

***YOU CANNOT CRAFT 2 STEEDS***
    DO NOT CRAFT 2 OF THE OTHER ITEMS (sword or helm) UNLESS YOU WANT THEM JUST AS A SOUVENIR.

ShibuyaCloth's pictures: click here!

Event pictures - now complete

Spoiler: show

Venture to the Forest Adventure
    Dark Wisp Lily

Light Wisp Lily

Plushy Knight's Sword

Neighbour requests

Knight's Tribute

Knight's Trial
    The Steed

Dialogue - now complete
    Spoiler: show

Triggered when Chapter 1 goal 3 is completed
    Thurston: My Liege! We are honored by your presence. Welcome to the best knight-training program in all the kingdoms!
    Ruler: What a splendid group of squires! I had no idea there were so many!
    Thurston: Indeed, they are all most excellent... or almost all.
    Ruler: Almost? Surely, you don't doubt their convictions already?
    Thurston: Well, er... there is one squire who spends rather too much time in the library for my taste.
    Ruler: There is nothing wrong with an intelligent knight, Thurston.
    Thurston: Of course not, my Liege! It is only... perhaps you could speak to this would-be-knight? yes! Inspire the squire to spend as much time with a sword as with a book!
    Ruler: Very well, Thurston. I shall visit the library.

Triggered when Chapter 2 goal 1 is completed
    Ruler: I am only here as a favor to Thurston. He is training young squires, you see, and I am here to inspire one toward great deeds!
    Old Thomas: A squire, you say? Hmm... I know of no young man wandering my stacks. There is only myself and Dim Duncan the janitor and... Oh, there is sometimes little Gemma, the miller's daughter!
    Ruler: And I suppose *she* could never be a squire?
    Old Thomas: Well, ah... that is to say... there is no precedent for a *lady* knight!
    Ruler: All the same, I shall speak to this miller's daughter.
    Old Thomas: Of course, Young Ruler! Gemma is usually found among the tomes. she has a great fondness for knightly adventures and fairy tales.

Triggered when Chapter 3 goal 1 is completed
    Ruler: Thomas! I could not find Gemma, but I did find this old book...
    Old Thomas: What is it, then? Ah, *A Plushy Knight's Tale*! Yes, this is a classic. A children's story about a teddy bear who discovers a magical sword!
    Ruler: A teddy bear? Who becomes a knight?
    Old Thomas: And I suppose a *teddy bear* could never be a knight?
    Ruler: Well, ah... that is to say... there is no precedent for a teddy bear knight!
    Old Thomas: I suppose not. At any rate, it is only a fairy tale.
    Ruler: Thomas... what if young Gemma believes this book to be more than a simple story?
    Old Thomas: Oh, dear. Then I imagine she would follow the path that the Plushy Knight took.
    Ruler: And where would that path lead her?
    Old Thomas: Into the forest... at night.
    Ruler: Oh, dear.

Triggered when Chapter 4 goal 1 is completed
    Gemma: Hello, there! You look familiar.
    Ruler: Yes, I kind of... rule this kingdom.
    Gemma: Oh, right. That's nice work, if you can get it, I suppose.
    Ruler: Are you Gemma, the miller's daughter?
    Gemma: Well, that's a rather patriarchal question, isn't it?
    Ruler: I beg your pardon!
    Gemma: Look, would you mind helping me with something? I need these flowers, you see. You see, the Plushy Knight only became a true knight when he got an enchanted sword. And you only get an enchanted sword from enchanted flowers! Petals to be exact.
    Ruler: Is that really how it works?
    Gemma: I man, I'm working with legend here. There's only one way to find out.

Triggered when Chapter 5 goal 2 is completed
    Gemma: You know... I think we have enough petals.
    Ruler: Oh, thank goodness.
    Gemma: Now we just need a blacksmith. You know, someone to forge a sword.
    Ruler: Right, that's logical. Though I don't know of many enchanted smiths. ...maybe we can just use the Magic Forge

Triggered when Chapter 5 goal 3 is completed
    Gemma: It worked! Holy hotsprings, it really worked!
    Ruler: Hmm... I did not see that coming.
    Gemma: Behold! The Plushy Knight's Sword -- weapon of legend, slayer of slayers, foer of foes! No one will say I can't be a knight with this in my hand!
    Ruler: Wait... who said you couldn't be a knight?
    Gemma: Well, you know... there's no precedent.
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Ruler: What... was that?
    Gemma: Oh, it's probably the Frizzly Bears!
    Ruler: Frizzly Bears?
    Gemma: Well, in the story, forging the enchanted sword summons a horde of angry Frizzly Bears.
    Ruler: Lovely.

Triggered when Chapter 6 goal 3 is completed
    Gemma: Whoa... this is a really good sword.
    Ruler: You fought bravely, Gemma. But remember, a sword alone does not defeat a horde of angry Frizzly Bears.
    Gemma: You're right... good thing it's an ENCHANTED sword!
    Ruler: No! That's not what I...
    Gemma: I can't wait to show this thing to Moffrey! He's going to soil his small clothes.
    Ruler: Moffrey? Was it he who told you that you could not become a knight?
    Gemma: Yeah, he's a *real* squire. he's got a practice sword and a tabard and everything!
    Ruler: Hmm... I think I shall have a word with this Moffrey.

Triggered when Chapter 7 goal 3 is completed
    Moffrey: It was only a matter of time before I was summoned to court! Royalty knows excellence! The ruler probably wants to make me a knight already.
    Ruler: Is that what you think, young squire?
    Moffrey: Hello, mighty monarch! I am Moffrey, First of My Name!
    Ruler: Right, you're the one telling little girls they can't become knights.
    Moffrey: Well, ah... that is to say...
    Ruler: Yes, yes. There's no precedent. I'm getting rather tired of that excuse! Tell me, Moffrey, do you know how a ruler chooses a knight?
    Moffrey: Um... a jousting tourney?
    Ruler: No. I mean... okay, yes, sometimes. But even a tourney winner must work for the good of the kingdom.
    Moffrey: So a knight must... slay monsters and stuff?
    Ruler: That's one way to be of service, but it's hardly the only...
    Moffrey: Then I shall slay you a hundred monsters, my mighty monarch!
    Ruler: Perhaps that number is overly ambitious

Triggered when Chapter 8 goal 3 is completed
    Gemma: Behold! I am the greatest squire in the land!
    Moffrey: The only reason you slayed more monsters than me is because of that sword!
    Gemma: An enchanted sword only comes to *she* who is worthy, Moffrey!
    Moffrey: I already talked to my father, and he's buying me an enchanted sword for my nameday!
    Ruler: Gemma, were you just taunting young Moffrey?
    Gemma: Well... you know, he's been on my list for a while. Like right at the top!
    Ruler: That is no excuse. A knight is strong. A knight is brave. A knight is honorable. But a knight is never petty.
    Gemma: Yeah... I guess you're right. It's just...
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Gemma: That sounds like FRIZZLY BEARSSS!!!
    Ruler: Oh, not again!

Triggered when Chapter 9 goal 1 is completed
    Thurston: My Liege! Wander not into the fray. I have already lost my helm to those dread beasts!
    Gemma: Whew... I think I got the last one.
    Thurston: Last one? What do you mean *you* got the last one?
    Gemma: Slayed? Slew? Is it slayed or slew?
    Ruler: Gemma, a knight does not gloat.
    Gemma: Right. Sorry, Sir Thurston.
    Thurston: Yes, well, you are to be commended, Squire Gemma. Your actions have saved the Kingdom from a great peril.
    Gemma: Yeah, good think I had my enchanted sword!
    Thurston: About that... do you realize the Plushy Knight's Sword attracts the Frizzly Bears?
    Gemma: Aw, man... I guess I'll have to give it up, huh?
    Ruler: That is for you to decide, Gemma. The sword came to you, and only you can relinquish it.
    Gemma: Alright. Here, just take it.
    Thurston: I'll just be returning this to the mysterious meadow.

Triggered when Chapter 10 goal 3 is completed
    Thurston: Squire Gemma, not anyone may become a knight... But a knight may be anyone; a boy, a girl, or even a teddy bear! That is the moral of the Plushy Knight's Tale: a knight is not defined by swords or armor... A knight must be strong and brave and honest and honorable. young Moffrey is no more entitled to those qualities than you. Thus, it is with great honor that I bestow up you this Knight's Writ... Signifying that I think you will one day become a GREAT KNIGHT!
    Gemma: Wow! Thank you, Sir Thurston!
    Thurston: Don't mention it. also, the scroll is good for half-off a meal at the Homely Henry's House of Haggus! Enjoy!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-16-17 at 02:46 PM.

The Frizzly Bear

* Keep collecting from a well or pond or mermaid pond to trigger the Frizzly bear.
    * The frizzly bear takes 10 hits to defeat.
    * Note: there are no goals associated with the Frizzly Bear (please write on your walls to spread the word!)
    * Lower leveled players only need 225 frizzly tooth to craft the bear.

* You can craft 2 bears even after you craft 1. The craft remains.

Frizzly Bear (spawned) 10 hits to defeat
    Found: wells or ponds or mermaid pond
    Drops: Knight's Bracer (0-1), Frizzly Tooth (1-3)

Knight's Bracer 0/99
    Info: A bracer used by knights to suit up!
    Found: defeating a Frizzly Bear
    Uses: build the Knight's Tribute in Chapter 10

Frizzly Tooth 0/999
    Info: Tooth of the mighty Frizzly Bear! Not an easy thing to obtain.
    Found: defeating a Frizzly Bear
    Uses: crafting the Frizzly Bear

Frizzly trap
    Info: A grizzly trap for a Frizzly Bear! Only 1 monster can be in the kingdom at a time!
    Found: market, 20 gems
    Uses: chop to lure a Frizzly Bear

Frizzly Bear (crafted)
    Info: A bear with fur prone to split-ends! Pet it too see what items it found for you!
    Crafted: Workshop, 5 minutes - 400 Frizzly Tooth | 225 for lower leveled players during Knight's Tale eventonly.
    Drops: milk, rat tail (incomplete)
    Collection time: 8 hours (speed up 32 gems)

Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-14-17 at 07:06 PM.

Rhino Keeper

New update

Timed storybook type update is available.
    Day 1 first goal visit 4 market place. I had cleared them today so have to wait to see... my suggestion, don't start until they're ready
    Queendom of Cool 😊
    Proud member of ⚔️TSS⚔️ #️⃣6️⃣7️⃣

Host(ess)
    Taming a Frizzly Bear in the Workshop. Not sure where they spawn though in order to collect the Frizzly Teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    Day 1 first goal visit 4 market place. I had cleared them today so have to wait to see... my suggestion, don't start until they're ready
    Thanks! I was waiting to start to see what I needed. Ive collected already so wait till tomorrow to collect from Markets

Rhino Keeper
    I have got a bear from pond

Rhino Keeper
    Chapter 1, Goal 2 visit 10 cottages. I didn't have all mine out so it will be a couple of hours before I know Goal 3

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSnob View Post
    Taming a Frizzly Bear in the Workshop. Not sure where they spawn though in order to collect the Frizzly Teeth.
    Hopefully it's not the Marketplace...lol. That would just be cruel & unusual punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna48 View Post
    Chapter 1, Goal 2 visit 10 cottages. I didn't have all mine out so it will be a couple of hours before I know Goal 3
    Wow...here we go throwing all kinds of stuff out again. I don't see why we have to visit 10.. can't it be a few cottages, a few farmhouses, the stables & hatcheries. They're already out, S8!!!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    I'm sorry.
    Thank you for the tip. ❤️

Page 1 of 116 123451151101 ... LastLast