Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 1/21 Update - Monster Hunt S4 & Princess Lorelei's Fountain EXPIRED

Rhino Keeper

Castle Story: 1/21 Update - Monster Hunt S4 & Princess Lorelei's Fountain EXPIRED

Seasons come and go, filled with new adventures. Another approaches, and with it a beauty like no other! Pristine and glistening, its lovely sheen is truly a sight to behold! Placed in a high spot, all the kingdom can share in its glory. Her likeness shall suspend it, displaying her care and love for so precious a treasure! If you can prove yourself, perhaps this tribute can be yours? Return to the Trader Trolls with proof of your battle prowess! Eager citizens await the grand reveal of your prize... !

[==This season requires Level 22+, and is live from 1/21 @ 12pm to 2/1 @ 4:00pm.==]

Spoiler: show
    I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: SAPPHIRE
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-03-16 at 02:57 AM. Reason: update title

Rhino Keeper
    PART A - Princess Lorelei's Fountain
    prepared by SpiritWind.

Main storyline.
    This is part of a quest chain that unlocks at level 22. That quest is not time limited! It's here to stay, so no worries if you're not level 22 yet or don't finish it before the season is over.

Q: Where do I get the Sapphire's from?
    A: The sapphires were a reward from a previous iOS only goal. The only way to get the sapphires now is to make them from gold coins in the trade wagon. The fountain takes 2 sapphires which need 10 gold coins each.

Update on Lorelei's Fountain: the fountain will ONLY drop tokens during the monster hunt events. After the event is over it will not drop tokens.
    Fountain Drops during a Monster Hunt: gold troll token (for cooking camp), water, mermaid scales, fish
    Fountain Drops between events: water, mermaid scales, fish

Goals
    1. Have 2 sapphires (this goal auto completed for most of us, so I need more info if anyone can post)
    2. A Mermaid's Gift - Get Princess Lorelei's Fountain from the Trade Wagon
    Reward: 270 coin, 2 xp, 3 gold tokens
    Note: see pictures below for details.

PART B - Monster Hunt Event Season 4 (January 2015)
    timed event

Goals for Season 4
    Part 1: Tokens For My Liege! - collect 30 tokens, complete any Token trade. Reward: 1400 coin, 5xp, 1 pile of tokens.
    Part 2: Baron, The Slayer - defeat any 10 monsters. Reward: 1400 coin, 5xp, 1 pile of tokens.
    Part 3: Inglorious Baron - defeat any 25 monsters. Reward: 2400 coin, 7xp, 1 Season 4 slayer statue.

Tips and Tricks:
    * Get rid of any monsters on your board. You can tell if you have one you can't see because of the music.
    * DON'T tap the troll pit!!!! Regular trolls don't drop tokens. Neither do pink skunkupines, pink alicorn, wedding alicorn, Gem horses.
    * Monsters also drop their normal items in addition to the tokens
    * Do the Bronze Hunter Trade if you are nearly maxed on Shield tokens so that they don't go to waste
    * A Level 5 Jousting Arena will spawn a monster on every collection.
    Link to Jousting Arena Renovations thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83751-Castle-Story-08-06-Update-Jousting-Arena-Renovations-(levels-4-amp-5)
    * if you get the cooking camp, gold tokens will still drop
    checking on whether gold tokens will drop from fountain after event concludes. SW 27 Jan.

Link to Information Nugget on Beasts extract:
    Skunkupine - Flowers, Corn, Wheat, Sugar, Tomato, Fellora Plant, Pepe, some Trees, Plants, Skunkupine Trap (5 gems)
    Fangbeast - Animals, Hot Pepper, Carrot, Trees, some Buildings, Fangbeast Trap (5 gems)
    Dire Boar - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Dire Boar Trap (5 gems), Rock Outcropping

The Trade Wagon
    1. Lucky Token Trade 3 seconds: 10 Shield Tokens, 10 Sword Tokens, 10 Staff Tokens
    2. Bronze Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 50 Shield Tokens
    3. Silver Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 50 Shield Tokens, 25 Sword Tokens
    4. Gold Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 50 Shield Tokens, 25 Sword Tokens, 25 Staff Tokens

The Tokens! - You can have a max of 120 of each of these in inventory
    Shield Token - awarded upon defeating skunkupines, fangbeasts, dire boars and glimmer golems
    Sword Tokens - awarded upon defeating fangbeasts, dire boars and glimmer golems
    Staff Tokens - awarded upon defeating dire boars, blue dire boars and glimmer golems
    Gold Tokens - ONLY come from crafting the Sovereign Hunter Trade

Information on Statues - 22 hour collection time.
    this season you cannot craft the statues or extra statues.
    Skunkupine - 10 gold coins
    Fangbeast - 25 gold coins
    Dire boar - 50 gold coins.
    Note: if they don't have the timer on them, put them in inventory and place them again.

Drops from Statues
    Skunkupine Statue: shield tokens (around 5 per collection)
    Fangbeast Statue: sword tokens (around 2 per collection)
    Dire boar Statue: staff tokens (around 1 per collection)

The Daily Hunt - iOS players - each day you will have the chance to battle a monster to get Tokens. There are 3 types of Daily Hunts:
    1. Novice Challenge - defeat 5 skunkupines or fangbeasts [10 energy crate]
    2. Adept Challenge - collect from a Dead Tree to trigger a blue dire boar (30 hits) [10 energy crate]
    3. Sovereign Challenge - collect from a Coin Brown Horse to trigger a purple golem (90 hits) [25 energy crate]
    Reward for each hunt is an energy crate - it goes to your inventory so you can chop it anytime you want!
    Note: you get multi hits on each sword hit, so a 30 hit monster might only take 20 energy.

The Hunt Challenge - android players - you get 1 set of goals for the entire event which are:
    1. Hunt Challenge Sovereign: Defeat 11 Purple Glimmer Golems - collect from any coin horse
    2. Hunt Challenge Adept: Defeat 11 Blue Dire Boars - collect from a Dead Tree
    3. Hunt Challenge Novice: Fight 55 Skunkupines and Fangbeasts
    Energy crates rewards are also given for android players.

OVERALL GOAL REWARD IS THE COOKING CAMP
    99 Troll Tokens: Receive One Troll Token upon completion of Sovereign Hunter Trade

The Cooking Camp - what can you cook?
    Costs $3000 to place
    Flour, sugar, simple feast, breaded fish, noodles, pasta, stew, hearty feast, Ivy's hot sauce, spicy feast, cake, fish sandwiches, sundae, sweet feast, Mercury feast, chocolate, ice cream, butterfish, catfish soup.

REPORTED DROPS from the Trades in the Wagon
    Refer to Season 3 (previous event) for what you might get with each of the Token Trades
    1. Lucky Token Exchange
    2. Bronze Hunter Trade
    3. Silver Hunter Trade
    4. Gold Hunter Trade

Princess Lorelei's Fountain
    Info: A pond built so all may marvel at the beauty of the mermaid Princess Lorelei's Sapphire.
    Type: Resource
    Source: Monster Hunt Event
    Crafted in: Trade Wagon (1 Hour)
    Size: 2x2
    Requirements: 2 Princess Lorelei's Sapphire
    Drops: Coins, Water, Mermaid Scale, Troll Tokens
    Events: Monster Hunt
    Timer: 300 minutes // 5 hours
    Speed up: 20 gems
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88366

In anticipation of the final prize
    Season 4 Slayer Statue
    Info: A gift from the Trade Trolls, in honor of your superior displays of battle prowess! Awarded from completing the Season 4 Monster Hunt.
    Type: Decoration
    Source: Event
    Size: 1x1
    Events: Monster Hunt
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-03-16 at 02:58 AM.

If we only had a mountain to display the fountain...
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    I tested that fountain and it tried to drop mermie scales and water. Also got 1 exp and some coins...
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Fashion Designer
    I can't place my fountain. I can only store it or rotate it but can not place it. Ideas? I have signed out, closed up, refreshed and still unable to place.

Having the same problem..rushed to complete so I could drop it in storage...

Quote Originally Posted by DrP4ever View Post
    I can't place my fountain. I can only store it or rotate it but can not place it. Ideas? I have signed out, closed up, refreshed and still unable to place.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by dinojuju View Post
    Me too!
    Closed again and stored, closed again and placed from my inventory.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnniePMH View Post
    I tested that fountain and it tried to drop mermie scales and water. Also got 1 exp and some coins...
    Thanks

so so the fountain is both useless and ugly, and the rest of the update is more coin collecting for the cooking camp I long ago stopped caring if I ever get. Adding som sappy dialog about the ruler doesn't make this main storyline. Guess I'll keep my sapphires and the trade wagon will go straight back in storage.

Fashion Designer
    I still can't place my fountain. I have closed it, visited neighbors, deleted and re-installed and still can't place it. Was able to put it in my inventory but can't place. Help please.

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast