Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New tourney : Fabled Roc (super rare , lightning dark) 2017 apr 27

Fashion Designer
    Most of us hoard our gems for special habitats or animals that become available or go on sale. Early on in the game, a lot of players don't realize that it gets harder to earn gems as you increase your level. The game eventually stops offering all those "try this game" bonuses, and if you're not willing to pay actual money for gems, it takes time and patience to collect enough to buy anything good. ;-)

I've gotten 7 or 8 gems a day when I've had lots of good gem buddies. Every once in a while it's a good idea to throw a few random gems out and try to cultivate new partners. Of course, it's nice to find people here in the forum too. :-)

Fashion Designer
    Battle questions..

I was was under the impression that the higher the rarity, the better chance for a critical hit.

However, for this tournament, I've had no luck with ultra rares and all of a sudden commons are working better. I choose the correct elements to fight with, so what's happening?

Do commons really work that well in tournament battles?

help, so confused...
    My storm ID is: luna2cute

I currently play Fantasy Forest Story and Dream City. Have previously played many others.

I love gifts of Gems in FFS and always return gifts in the order received.

Thank you kindly friends and have fun!

~Luna

Fashion Designer
    Yep. Often the single-element commons will win where higher-rarity animals fail. I don't usually try them first, but when I hit a stubborn level, I will often succeed with one of them.

I've become convinced that the only factor that has any bearing is the element. Even the level doesn't seem to matter, at least not for the recent additions like Birthstone, Rainbow, & Zodiac. I haven't tested the level theory, but I have had very good success with low-level Birthstone & Zodiac when testing in the Battleground.

Rhino Keeper
    Wow, I've never been that close to the wire in a tournament. Sixty- four attempts.
    I checked back and the other tourneys I tracked took 49, 49, 47, and the Cuddle Monster took 67 tries. This was certainly a tough one.

Banned
    I used 4 Ultimate attacks to get through. Towards the end I just wanted it to be done, so I used them.

Maybe this should go under the suggestion thread, but I do wish that Storm8 would reevaluate the way that they do tournaments. Trying to battle every hour is just ridiculous. Most games, even other S8 games, start you off with a bank of 5 lives. If you win, you move onto the next level without having to wait. Each time you are defeated in the battle, you lose a life. The lives regenerate at the rate of 1 per hour, with a max of 5 lives. So, theoretically, a person could do 5 battles before work, 4-5 battles over a lunch hour or break, and have full or almost full lives again at the end of the work day. You don't have to check in every hour, and you don't lose a life if you actually win the battle.

Actually, I'm going to cut and paste this onto the suggestion thread, too.

Fashion Designer
    ^I love this! It would certainly make the game more enjoyable for those of us who have lives. And you know, jobs. :-p

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345