Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: General Suggestion thread

Executive Chef
    My suggestion: If the free gift icon is there, please make the video available to watch. Otherwise why have the icon appear.
    Seriously! I can't get rid of it!
    Last edited by riverly; 12-22-18 at 06:29 AM.

I would like to have the opportunity to remove FOREVER the materials from the inventory.

Executive Chef
    Another suggestion: please have wisp drop wisp essence only.
    Better suggestion: please give a wisp essence trough.
    Last edited by riverly; 12-26-18 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Do they really read these?

Executive Chef
    Yes I wonder at times if suggestions are read but here goes.. I have to say this!

This msg I'm really posting for S8 team, hoping they are interested in my findings this past week.

Since the Gingerbread Event began, and for the excuse of sending holiday wishes to my dear 430+ neighbours went through 'each' kingdom, one by one, not judging the amount of social-hearts as most daily players don't have them! and are NOT the ideal way to delete nbrs.. but carefully looked in each kingdom for recent event additions, kingdom daily movements and recent wall posts, only then... deleting abandoned kingdoms.

My finding were shocking! From the 430+ nbrs, I ended up with 150+. S8 might say.. that's normal enough after a years play.. as they do expect abandons as they expect new players. The surprise was that most of the abandons left msgs on their walls stating the reason due to their decision as:
    "events are impossible to conclude, as not enough necessary drops are received event after event... and only by gem use can be concluded"

Being a longtime player.. I have collected my flock of Alis, thus do have secondary energy which is my fortune in being able to finish events without use of gems as can chop/hit for quite awhile until drops needed appear. BUT pointing out to S8.. that players who have not yet reached this stage of the game.. are ALL cut out due to the LOW programmed drops that all events presents, as those players use energy the game itself produces during the day, with maybe a couple of Alis.

It's not possible S8 that two/thirds of a nbr-list disappear due to event impossibilities? I've always cleaned nbrlist once a year, and this year I'm very surprised.

Maybe revising drops would be an asset in keeping players interested in the game? It's a little step that would attract more players in continuing their adventure in CS.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Yes I wonder at times if suggestions are read but here goes.. I have to say this!

This msg I'm really posting for S8 team, hoping they are interested in my findings this past week.

Since the Gingerbread Event began, and for the excuse of sending holiday wishes to my dear 430+ neighbours went through 'each' kingdom, one by one, not judging the amount of social-hearts as most daily players don't have them! and are NOT the ideal way to delete nbrs.. but carefully looked in each kingdom for recent event additions, kingdom daily movements and recent wall posts, only then... deleting abandoned kingdoms.

My finding were shocking! From the 430+ nbrs, I ended up with 150+. S8 might say.. that's normal enough after a years play.. as they do expect abandons as they expect new players. The surprise was that most of the abandons left msgs on their walls stating the reason due to their decision as:
    "events are impossible to conclude, as not enough necessary drops are received event after event... and only by gem use can be concluded"

Being a longtime player.. I have collected my flock of Alis, thus do have secondary energy which is my fortune in being able to finish events without use of gems as can chop/hit for quite awhile until drops needed appear. BUT pointing out to S8.. that players who have not yet reached this stage of the game.. are ALL cut out due to the LOW programmed drops that all events presents, as those players use energy the game itself produces during the day, with maybe a couple of Alis.

It's not possible S8 that two/thirds of a nbr-list disappear due to event impossibilities? I've always cleaned nbrlist once a year, and this year I'm very surprised.

Maybe revising drops would be an asset in keeping players interested in the game? It's a little step that would attract more players in continuing their adventure in CS.
    Wow, I really appreciate the time you took in figuring this out....it is shocking that two thirds of your neighbors have dropped off playing. What is even more shocking is that it doesn’t seem to make a difference in S8’s business model, which tells me they are scrimping by with the minimal amount of money they need from people who are new, avid players not using the forum and therefore don’t know better. Lets take a look at the downward trend in game satisfaction over the past two years-

Lackluster prizes for difficult quests
    Incredibly low drop rates on timed events
    Caps on alicorns and other energy producing items, even on Black Friday
    Fewer alicorns and special past event buildings listed for sale on Black Friday
    Dismal prizes in the Baron’s tent
    Petty nerfing of trees post-event so they no longer are choppable for wood
    Lengthening timers on event buildings post event so they drop coins a lot less often

If I’ve misssed anything please feel free to add. All in all I think S8 relies on new players who are unaware of the changes and don’t visit the forum.
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    Don’t forget that events use to be a surprise affair, now they run concurrently every two weeks. So an average player who only really has 40 energy has no time to focus on in game goals because every drop of energy has to be used for events. Not to forget the drain that has on player income as thousands and thousands of coins must be spent to buy the items to participate in the event (flowers, trees, rocks, etc..) We’ve been handed some pretty hefty goals too. Sister-sister, mermaids, find Sabina. And the cost of just one of the newer land expansions...How are people supposed to craft the lanterns and such when work shops are usually tied up with event crafts. Plus the story line is all over the place and that locket and glass building at the bottom of our maps....well, I guess we will never find out what the story is with those.
    This game is slanted in a very bad way to make it challenging enough for people with droves of Ali’s, so they don’t get bored and the average person is having no fun doing everything they can just to stay in it. So as a counter measure drops have been switched to more random to make it about algorithms than effort. As is obvious by the number of complaints about the troll camp.

Rhino Keeper
    Since so many of my gems have been stolen due to those annoying pop ups that open when I'm checking up on time when the game resets( which happens too often, then you get a less desirable "reward") so I know if I need to watch and send knights out on new request or make required items, then closing the pop up and the gems disappear. I would like to make several suggestions..

1. Cut down on pop up less than five minutes between pop up or every neighbor visit is too much. It is annoying and makes players play less. It makes me less interested in playing the advertised game. Less positive image of the new game...so less interest.
    2. You already have the tech to ask are you sure for item will be used up pop up for other items so do this for gems. I'm not wasting my money on gems when team lava allowing them to be stolen. Even though they say we can't give them back because I benefit. I could have waited the That's throwing money after bad.

Too many neighbors have quit do to their frustrations, that is I only have an original 4 out of my original 300 neighbors. I noticed I'm cutting down on play time and an I don't give a hoot about completing challenge/quest. The game is less fair than when I started.
    Last edited by kanajunroses; 12-29-18 at 10:27 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kanajunroses View Post
    Since so many of my gems have been stolen due to those annoying pop ups that open when I'm checking up on time when the game resets( which happens too often, then you get a less desirable "reward") so I know if I need to watch and send knights out on new request or make required items, then closing the pop up and the gems disappear. I would like to make several suggestions..

1. Cut down on pop up less than five minutes between pop up or every neighbor visit is too much. It is annoying and makes players play less. It makes me less interested in playing the advertised game. Less positive image of the new game...so less interest.
    2. You already have the tech to ask are you sure for item will be used up pop up for other items so do this for gems. I'm not wasting my money on gems when team lava allowing them to be stolen. Even though they say we can't give them back because I benefit. I could have waited the That's throwing money after bad.

Too many neighbors have quit do to their frustrations, that is I only have an original 4 out of my original 300 neighbors. I noticed I'm cutting down on play time and an I don't give a hoot about completing challenge/quest. The game is less fair than when I started.
    Let's try and give solutions and ideas to our producers.
    The 'main problem' is in the change of play now offered.. and the 'main reason' is it's not Team Lava anymore.. but another company Storm8 and just maybe, they don't know how the game was run before.. which in my opinion was a perfect balance then.
    Older players can see the difference so can suggest what changes that have been made are appreciated and others that are causing difficulties. Maybe a clear list of the dramatic changes, which cause these difficulties for numerous players can be listed.

It's true.. with the introduction of the Mermaid Island.. I did see many drop outs. Thus assume it was too difficult, or maybe not in itself difficult, but too expensive coin wise, too long due to the lack of drops.. so many players abandoned.

I noticed too the new expansions.. many plots too expensive and also too many tickets needed. With the introduction of the Explorers Expansions.. it's hard work, thus no pleasure, so interest lost in the game. Sure there are players able to make it, but for the time being they are inferior in number.

These are 2 reasons I noticed and could help developers if knowing these problems.. could adapt the game to a wider range of players. I'm sure many other reasons do exist.. these are just the first two I immediately noticed.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Mythic Research Building

Farm Supplier
    Few of my ideas
    Rune Market
    Need new items that can be brought with runes. I have already got a least one of everything, and that was awhile ago. What's the point of doing the elven outpost trade anymore?
    The Elven Reliquary.
    This building allows you to craft unique items, but these item have no use. Not used in crafting, can't be traded at the trade exchange or elven trade. The sole purpose of these items, it seems, is to sit in the inventory. Why?
    Timed Events
    The current event model I believe was used so it we wouldn't be just chopping, or just collecting, or just crafting, or just fighting monsters like much older events. Now its a little bit of everything. The problem, however, is it's the same goals over and over. Collect from chickens for this, red mushrooms for that, stables or sparking mine, Ivy's hut or troll camp. Click on ponds to fight the specific monster. First 2 of each item to upgrade, than 3, 4, 5, 8. Always the same. Maybe Storm8 should try switching the goals around a little more. Different sources than the ones always being used. Different requirements for upgrades (like one item for level 2, than another totally different item for level 3, for example)
    And no random drops in timed events. (yes I'm talking about you troll camp).
    Would love to see:
    Non-timed events
    Perhaps a way to reuse old event items
    More diverse holidays celebrated (Chinese New Year soon)
    Animal/building that drops expansion permits
    An event that is Asian/Viking/African/Egyptian/Pacific Islander inspired.
    Search bar for inventory.
    Last edited by morsith; 01-01-19 at 10:14 PM.
    I only play Castle Story, but always welcome new neighbors.