Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fooling Around Leaderboard 2017 apr 18

Banned
    @JustKay Thank you for the info.

On another note, I got a neighbor request from a high level player a few days ago. When I visited her forest, I found out she is a decorator. She has very few animals, but lots of decos. It was nice to see a unique forest, but my forest is all about the animals. To each their own.

Fashion Designer
    I've been in the top two of the last few leaderboards, but I don't display my trophies. If you are really diligent you can find my prize animals in habitats, but I try not to broadcast too loudly that I try to win. 😉 This time I am playing two forests for the first time, as I recently "resurrected" my original account that I had abandoned on my old phone. I see lots of prior winners in both my groups, but so far, I haven't seen anyone boosting or doing anything crazy.

The new animals this go-round are ... odd. Not really to my taste, but I'm doing all the normal things to earn points. If it comes to the end and that top animal is reasonably reachable, I might still try for it. Much more interested in the milestones though. One account needs Grumpy Gorilla, and the other needs them all. And always glad for another habitat that can be stored and used when needed!

Oh, and I habitually send friend invites to my fellow players just for fun. Almost every time I get a new gem buddy. 😁

Executive Chef
    Main account is still in second place and first place has started using boosts. Not too fussed, will keep playing and see where I end up. I sometimes visit the people I'm grouped with and send invites to. Just depends if the game lets me visit. Iv been crashing a lot the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Limequat View Post
    I took another really careful look at this person's forest because I'm intrigued by how much they've expanded. I've only seen a few very high level people with that much land, but never anyone below 100. Their forest is jam packed with habitats too, mostly premium ones with four animals. After looking over every square of their forest, I believe I've figured out why their level is low relative to the amount of stuff they have. They only have two grand farms and four small farms, so they must be losing out on the XP you gain from planting expensive crops.
    Yes, very smart analysis. If their forest is packed with habitats, they might have sold some large farms to make space for habitats and now they are slow at earning crops and XP. Lots of premium habitats is not a great sign as that means they must spend real money for gems >_< ... another thing I look for is whether they have the final animals from recent Storybooks. If they don't then they're more careful with their gems. Caveat being me again, I don't hatch much of the eggs I get into storage so you won't see them on my island
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    I've been in the top two of the last few leaderboards, but I don't display my trophies. If you are really diligent you can find my prize animals in habitats, but I try not to broadcast too loudly that I try to win. ��
    I know a few people do this, you can see some empty spaces where they might have had trophies on the central island. I usually pick them out by finding their prize animals prancing about. The current group I'm in is unusual in that almost all of them are displaying their trophies. Only one I think is keeping it a "secret". After the event, you can see them putting their trophies out again.

I thought about doing this early on when it was a pretty level playing field and I didn't really understand how the wheel worked. I could go fully stealth since only one of my LB prize animal is hatched. Now I think it makes more sense to hit them with the trophy line up front. To be fair, they have the option of not using up their resources in the current round chasing the last remaining top prize animal spot. Those that still think they have a shot and insist on trying will dump their food and gems early to try to stake their claim and discourage others for that last spot. This just helps me out as the wheel is more generous to me and I can slip-stream behind a few others for most of the round. Normally I won't make the top milestone prize without boosting a bit and I'd rather not waste gems and food when I can avoid it.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    I know a few people do this, you can see some empty spaces where they might have had trophies on the central island. I usually pick them out by finding their prize animals prancing about. The current group I'm in is unusual in that almost all of them are displaying their trophies. Only one I think is keeping it a "secret". After the event, you can see them putting their trophies out again.

I thought about doing this early on when it was a pretty level playing field and I didn't really understand how the wheel worked. I could go fully stealth since only one of my LB prize animal is hatched. Now I think it makes more sense to hit them with the trophy line up front. To be fair, they have the option of not using up their resources in the current round chasing the last remaining top prize animal spot. Those that still think they have a shot and insist on trying will dump their food and gems early to try to stake their claim and discourage others for that last spot. This just helps me out as the wheel is more generous to me and I can slip-stream behind a few others for most of the round. Normally I won't make the top milestone prize without boosting a bit and I'd rather not waste gems and food when I can avoid it.
    remind me not to compet with you if we are in the same group someday LOL
    (but i think that my baby account met in some very old leaderboard LOL )
    but if someday we are in the same leaderboard, let's synchronize together to beat all the other players
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Fashion Designer
    I don't hide my trophies per se. I just have no use for decorations. I keep a few squares on the main island empty so that when we have a decoration that gives tokens, it's a little easier to tap without hitting something nearby. And eventually, I'll probably add another nest - that is, if I ever manage to have enough gems at a time when I don't need a special habitat. ;-)

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    I don't hide my trophies per se. I just have no use for decorations. I keep a few squares on the main island empty so that when we have a decoration that gives tokens, it's a little easier to tap without hitting something nearby. And eventually, I'll probably add another nest - that is, if I ever manage to have enough gems at a time when I don't need a special habitat. ;-)
    I am also the same
    whenever i collect the gems for second nest i end up buying a special habitat
    since this leaderboard prize doesn't interests me I'm hoping to get the second nest this time

Banned
    Does the wheel really work like that? I think that is pure speculation.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm thinking that the group I'm in doesn't play much even though they're high level. I'm in the lead with 2400 and second place is 1700. Strange.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast