Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fooling Around Leaderboard 2017 apr 18

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Is today Day One of this Leader board event? Then I believe that I can sit back and let the two "champs" in my current group go at each other:
    Wowza. You sure you don't wanna go for it? You could max out a credit card and sneak up from behind (wink wink).
    Over half of my group are 50-75 levels above me (seriously?) but don't appear to be big gem spenders. I always aim for third place for the runes, but I'm back to building my food so might miss it this one.

Best of luck to everyone!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Did anyone get a warning banner that this leader board was coming? They kinda really surprised me today, even had my evolution temple empty.
    No warning for me. I had an empty nest and an empty evolution temple, too, with a CU all prepped to level up.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by seraconan View Post
    last milestone - Phoney Pony
    winner prize - Brawny Bear
    thx a lot
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    Both accounts fell into second place.
    Main account is still there.
    Second account - an evolution finished so I took it out. Which put me in first, a whole one point in front of the person who was in first. Safe to say. That one point won't keep me in first place for long!

It seems like I am lucky enough to be in an ok group. A lot of winners of trophies for the Yin Yang LB, but nobody is doing anything overly crazy... yet.... Am still the one with the most trophies by a large margin. Am still the only one with Gem Producing Animals. Given I can also earn several thousand points in a few minutes with my current food stocks, am not too worried. Given this trophy is the last one for me to get a 10 win streak, I think I would dump all food and a handful of gems to get it.

I visited a few top rank players and played with their dragons so they know I'm sussing them out, and they might check my island out too... already had one player sort of throw in the towel... they sent me an neighbor invite request so I know they visited, realised what they're up against and don't want to ever end up in the same LB group with me again

There is one player who is definitely feeding to get ahead, but by their island they look like a newbie player so looks like a newbie mistake. They're leading by about 300 points. Anyhow thanks to them I got ~190 points from a wheel spin ... will sit back in rank~4-5 and watch them run their food stocks down.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Banned
    I just visited every person in my LB and found out that they are *all* higher levels than I am. One is only one level higher, but everyone else is much higher. Does that mean anything? Like I've done well for the level I'm at or something? It was interesting to me to see how many of them haven't expanded to the Hareon and the Solar Bear yet. That was one of the first things I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    I just visited every person in my LB and found out that they are *all* higher levels than I am. One is only one level higher, but everyone else is much higher. Does that mean anything? Like I've done well for the level I'm at or something? It was interesting to me to see how many of them haven't expanded to the Hareon and the Solar Bear yet. That was one of the first things I did.
    If you won a the previous LB, the game will lump you with other winners of that LB. Just about everyone in my top 10 has a gold or silver trophy from Yin Yang. Some have several gold & silver & bronze trophies from past LBs. So yes, if you have been doing well, expect the LB to be more challenging.

The extra bad news is that if you have higher level players that have not expanded far, then it means they may have been gem-ing their way to accumulate higher XP and get specific animals/goals, while only spending enough gems to expand to fit their animals. They also probably haven't been playing long enough to have worked out the most efficient sequence to mining multiple runes from one bomb. It could get ugly at the end when people start to unload gems. The opposite is true; if you see players who have expanded to all the hidden animals, but are a low level, then it means they're very casual players who won't really play seriously and probably accumulated runes from events and spin wheels over a very long time.

Caveat being me; I was a long time casual player until LBs started, so I managed to expand out all the way to the (Poppy?) Pony. I even got there early by using runes won from events to beat the 70 rune limit for my level at the time. My forest has straight lines bulldozed through it going directly to all the hidden animal squares.
    Last edited by JustKay; 04-20-17 at 01:53 AM.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

musta jinxed it. someone just used a 1.5x boost to earn about 1000 points more than me, leading now by 700 points. looks like someone wants to stake their claim... the brinksmanship game begins. that does sort of tell me they're not willing to spend much in gems though, however they have broken the seal on using boosts so others may start following suit. fine by me, that means more points for me from the wheel.

strange thing is they have only 4 large farms, 2 small ones so their ability to continue to build on that lead with more food is impaired no second nest means i'll eat into that lead progressively with just normal play ... they pretty much dumped all their food on a 1.5x boost... it's pretty much an act of desperation at this point.

EDIT: whooo, just got a neighbor invite from the current group leader maybe they're prepared to accept second if they can discourage any other challengers.
    Last edited by JustKay; 04-20-17 at 01:51 AM.

Executive Chef
    Just made it to the Hatchling within 2 days. Normal more than enough for the top 3, for a normal group. But im placed 9. A tough group I'm sitting in. Was hoping for at least place 6 for the realm runes. But im afraid I can't make it through there, without spending gems.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    I think you're just lucky. Lots of land expanded is just a sign that that person has been a long time casual player. They breed but do nothing much else like feed or raise. They've probably been trying for a diamond type for ages and so managed to expand out but not level up much. They're not the one to worry about I think. The ones to worry about are the packed islands with higher levels, those guys have been gemming their way up through the levels without the same length of time breeding to expand much beyond what they need.
    I took another really careful look at this person's forest because I'm intrigued by how much they've expanded. I've only seen a few very high level people with that much land, but never anyone below 100. Their forest is jam packed with habitats too, mostly premium ones with four animals. After looking over every square of their forest, I believe I've figured out why their level is low relative to the amount of stuff they have. They only have two grand farms and four small farms, so they must be losing out on the XP you gain from planting expensive crops.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast