Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Treasure Dragon : Alchemy Dragon - 2017 apr 18 Sell Ends 4-25

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I agree with everything said so far: cool design, love the twist to it's growth, but soooo not worth the investment of gold. The rate of return is ridiculous. Not buying this one, no way. IF it were in a ten dollar value pack, I'd be all over it.
    The current Value Pack is a Leaderboard prize dragon. I think that Meditation Dragon cost me a lot more than that Value Pack to win. Probably could have bought this Alchemy Dragon, in fact. (Some LBs are tougher than others...sigh.)

Fashion Designer
    No doubt there are some players that will buy this dragon, and I would of been one of them if it had been more reasonably priced.

Executive Chef
    Could not believe my eyes when I saw the sale price. No matter how nice the design. I hope this is not the benchmark for GPDs. This game has gone to the dogs.

I agree with everyone here. I was so excited when I saw a new GDP but this is too expensive. If my memory serves me correct some GDPs that were recently removed were for 1600 full priced. So unless it produces at least twice the gold per day, I can't see the value in it.

Really unique design! At first when i saw the pop up I thought that maybe it would be turning gold as part of the normal moving around animation, but I guess that's maybe too quick. This design is more work intensive for S8, but I guess that's how they can justify the 4000 price tag. I had this hunch that Gold Horizon would be setting the new standard in GPD pricing.

While I do wish it was cheaper (am not going to be able to buy it right now as I am regretting shelling out on White Gold recently), I do sort of understand how they're positioning GPD as sort of a leveling up grade. The first one is the cheapest, then after you get some gold (cash) flow, then getting the next one is a bit more challenging, and then getting the one after that is harder to match increased free gold production. The way it was previously, once you got your first GPD, the difficulty towards collecting the next one just kept on going down.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Executive Chef
    ★ I am maxed on habitats but yes I have sufficient gold in acct atm .. but I would need to sacrifice some drags n sell a habitat before I could get Alchemy ★

★ and after purchase, Alchemy will be living solo in the habitat by itself after that ★

// nice design but I will pass //

// will reconsider if any of the above limitations are lifted (: //
    Last edited by Den8137259; 04-18-17 at 08:05 PM.

Hello all. I must admit that I bought it but I have been playing from the start - aka I have all the gold producing dragons so the game paid for the dragon. I realised early on that if you can save gold and buy these when on special, the game will give you enough gold so you do not have to spend real money. I had almost 4000 gold saved so I bought it. I however also do not like to price hikes - it is a money grab but as with so may of these games, it is not about having each and every dragon or winning each leaderboard- it's about your own choice of gameplay. Just play as you like and do not get upset - there is enough bad stuff going on in the world today to not let a computer game get to you. Smile everyone!

I almost have enough gold to buy this one. I agree with most of the others who voiced disappointment in the cost. But (there is always a but), I don't want to end up paying 4000 gold when everyone knows the good old days are gone and they are not coming back.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chewingthecud View Post
    Hello all. I must admit that I bought it but I have been playing from the start - aka I have all the gold producing dragons so the game paid for the dragon. I realised early on that if you can save gold and buy these when on special, the game will give you enough gold so you do not have to spend real money. I had almost 4000 gold saved so I bought it. I however also do not like to price hikes - it is a money grab but as with so may of these games, it is not about having each and every dragon or winning each leaderboard- it's about your own choice of gameplay. Just play as you like and do not get upset - there is enough bad stuff going on in the world today to not let a computer game get to you. Smile everyone!
    my 1st thought was : no it is too expensive !
    but almost like you i have been playing for about 4 years and i have all the GPD and i'm sitting on over 4000 golds.
    what you said made me think : "yes you are right , it is the game who is going to pay !"
    i think i'm going to reconsider the fact if i'm going to buy it or not
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Fashion Designer
    Like everyone else here, I think the design concept is good. Good Job FlatFoot.

But raising the original price and giving us a "discount" isn't a discount (not even 50% off). I even consider 800 gold was expensive, but now 2400...tsk tsk tsk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast