Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lights... Camera... ACTION CHEF!!

New Resident

Red face

I love this. So creative. Great job
    Last edited by ronnylyn; 04-30-17 at 01:01 AM.

Excited to see more "episodes".

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    I am living for these little "episodes", keeps the game interesting between goals
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnylyn View Post
    I love this. So creative. Great job
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomejujubeans View Post
    Excited to see more "episodes".
    Thanks guys Glad you're enjoying it so far
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

I have no idea who's going to win! I'm on the edge of my seat really love the molecular gastronomist

Quote Originally Posted by oroeomunroe View Post
    I have no idea who's going to win! I'm on the edge of my seat really love the molecular gastronomist
    I know! That's a great idea. I'm going to pull my scientist back out to make goodies in my kitchen.

Judgment is Coming...

Welcome back to Action Chef Nomerica! In our last installment, both Chef Lee and the 50's Chef were furiously cooking away, and at last, their efforts have borne fruit! Or, rather, dishes: each chef's 5-course meal is now complete! Which means... it's time for judgment to begin!

The Culinary Arena

Here's how judging works: each dish is judged for its taste (T), creativity (C), and presentation (P). For each category, each judge can assign up to 5 points - so a dish can receive up to 15 points per judge. With 4 judges at the table, and 5 dishes total, each chef will receive a composite score out of 300 points.

Lee stands at the ready!

The 50's Chef is also good to go!

The 50's Chef approaches the table, but the judges are still in heated discussion! Ketchup may not be a smoothie, they decide (no one really adds vinegar to a smoothie!), but can salsa be considered a fruit salad? All bets are off!

Bonus picture under the spoiler: look at Chef Lee working with all those tomatoes!
    Spoiler: show

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Fashion Designer
    This is so cute and fun. ��

The Judgment of the 50's Chef

Let the judging begin!

The 50's Chef starts with his appetizer, which he presents as "skewered, grilled cherry tomatoes, stuffed with mozzarella cheese and garnished with basil." The judges tuck in.

Gran Gran commends its tastiness, while the Life Coach applauds the healthiness of the dish (mozza is an excellent protein source). The Rose Queen likes the presentation, but wrinkles her nose at the sheet pan being used. "Why not opt for a tray??" she huffs. And the Snow Suit? "Mmgph mmf MMPH!" he says, and gives a thumbs-up.

The scores come in as follows:

Judge |Taste |Presentation |Creativity |Subtotal
    Gran Gran 4 5 4 13
    Snow Suit 4 5 4 13
    Life Coach 5 5 4 14
    Rose Queen 4 4 3 11
    Total: 51/60

Pretty high marks all around yield the 50's Chef's first dish a tidy 51 points! He's off to a great start, but can he keep up the momentum? The 50's Chef follows his appetizer with a round of Love Shakes. "Nothing like an hors d'oeurve and drinks to whet one's appetite!"

Gran Gran agrees, sipping at her shake fondly. "This brings back many memories of my heyday," she remarks, and shares a smile with the 50's Chef. Ooh la la! It appears the Love Shake may actually live up to its name!

But nostalgia is not one of the three judging criteria, and so, Gran Gran must remain impartial. The judges cast their votes:

Gran Gran 4 5 5 14
    Snow Suit 3 5 5 13
    Life Coach 3 5 5 13
    Rose Queen 4 5 5 14
    Total: 54/60

It's another stunning result! The judges offer their comments: "Had it not been so sugary, the taste may have been higher for me, but the tomato flavor carried through," remarks the Life Coach. The Snow Suit shivers; he voted down the taste because it was too cold.

The 50's Chef continues to his third offering. "A classic tomato soup, garnished with chopped basil," he presents.

Immediately, the Snow Suit is taken! "Mmgm mph MPPH!" he intonates, taking in the steam from the soup. It's warmed him back up!

The other judges' reactions, however, are mixed. "The flavor is there," says the Life Coach, but it's rather watery."

Gran Gran rebuts, "I disagree with the flavor comment. Despite the addition of basil, the soup just seems very one-note to me. Additionally," she turns to address the 50's Chef, "especially after your last offering, the soup appears to lack creativity."

The points come in:

Gran Gran 3 2 4 9
    Snow Suit 5 3 4 12
    Life Coach 3 3 3 9
    Rose Queen 3 2 4 9
    Total: 39/60

Ouch - that's quite a tumble! But the 50's Chef isn't deterred. He brings out his fourth course, confident he can still win back the judges' favor.

"My penultimate course is spaghetti with a 'Chance of Meatballs'" he introduces. "Though they all look alike, some meatballs are actually disguised cherry tomatoes - hence the 'chance' of meatballs. Enjoy!" he winks at the camera.

The judges share a chuckle. "I was prepared to write this off," Gran Gran admits. "But you've made it rather interesting!"

The Rose Queen, however, is conflicted. "I can appreciate the pun," she smiles cordially, "so I can understand why it looks the way it does. But it still just looks like a big old plate of spaghetti and meatballs!"

Was his cleverness enough to get the 50's Chef back in the judges' good graces??

Gran Gran 4 5 3 12
    Snow Suit 3 5 3 11
    Life Coach 4 5 4 13
    Rose Queen 3 5 3 11
    Total: 47/60

Not bad!

Finally, the 50's Chef presents his dessert. "Red Velvet Cupcakes, made red with tomato puree, topped with carved cherry tomatoes."

The judges are thrilled! The Snow Suit instantly chows down, smearing icing on the front of his scarf, while the Rose Queen in particular is taken with the topping. "I love roses!" she gushes. "This presentation is a win for me!"

Gran Gran commends the creativity of using tomatoes in a dessert, and the Life Coach joins in. "I don't think anyone would look at this and consider the health benefits of tomatoes," she says. "But... it's dessert. Desserts are supposed to be unhealthy!"

The judges cast their final points:

Gran Gran 4 5 5 14
    Snow Suit 5 5 5 15
    Life Coach 4 5 5 14
    Rose Queen 5 5 5 15
    Total: 58/60

An near perfect score!

Tallying up all the given points leaves the 50's Chef with an impressive Grand Total of 249/300 points! That's set a high bar for Lee - can he manage to beat that?? Find out next time on ACN, when Lee's judgment is set to begin!

Need Me? Send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    This really is a treat to follow. ☺️

Watched it live but I'm back for the reruns. Is there going to be a boxed set DVD for sale? RAWR, go 50s Chef!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast