View Poll Results: Question: Tea Party / Peacock - what did you achieve? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
530. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tea Party - L10

140 26.42%
  • Tea Party - L8-L9

269 50.75%
  • Tea party - no I tried but gave up

141 26.60%
  • Peacock - yes

262 49.43%
  • Peacock - no

228 43.02%
  • Gems - no gems spent at all

206 38.87%
  • Gems - bundle purchased

70 13.21%
  • Gems - spring flower purchased

100 18.87%
  • Gems - additional fences/paths purchased

31 5.85%
  • Gems - yes but for other reasons

150 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 80 of 115 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 4/13: The Baron's Tea Party | POLL ADDED - PLEASE VOTE

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by darthkris View Post
    Is it correct that the level 10 table only drops coins? No sugar, cakes whatever?
    There are so many cool things it could drop!! Sugar, cakes, chocolate, lemonade, apple pie, orange pie, sweets needed for faerie adventures that take forever to craft. But nope. Just coins.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by saphirie View Post
    I feel your lack of sleep pain rilette. Last night i fell back asleep at 4am after only collecting half to wake in a panic 10 mins later. I'm almost at lv 9 (just a few more petals). Looking forward to a night's sleep without interruption. Our dedication to completing tasks is definitely crazy.
    Ok I feel better that I am not the only one not sleeping... I go to drink some tea because I am -of course- sleepy.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    ...I'm going to plead to S8 for the drop rate to go up! I noticed too that once I hit L8 the ponds were not dropping as much. Spring petals.... What petals!
    Thanks for this, SW! It was nice to finally get a spring petal to drop from my gem-purchased Spring Flowers. One flower even dropped TWO petals & I thought I was just seeing things in my delirium, lol.

When S8 returns to the office on Monday, do you mind also asking if they would reconsider adding some drops to the L10 Tea Party? At a MINIMUM, it should drop a water & red petal, for crying out loud, lol. Logically, it should drop some of the items it took to build it - like a flour & sugar, too! A cake would be even better even though we never used chocolate, or other sweets as just suggested by PrincessCelestian!
    (Sidethought: For the upgrade, why not ask for Candy Bonbons or TEACAKES, hello! - 2 recipes that have been in our kitchens forever & have NO use beyond a single faerie trade in the Royal Exchange. Part of the problem with making these events open to lower levels is S8 can't ask for items not yet available to them but still ask for so many things, lower levels have trouble completing the event ANYway while the higher level players have a bunch of stuff that NEVER GETS USED.)

If they added some drops to the finished table besides just coins (again!) and let us know in a timely manner, more players would have more incentive to actually CARE if their tables were level 10. Otherwise, WHY would any player want to give up 100 flour & 150 sugar in addition to finding more ad nauseam clay, tea leaves & spring petals just to get the table to a coin-dropping-only level 10 & rewarded a NON-animated "fountain" decoration that doesn't even drop teacups, when the peacock can be acquired with diligent collections from a lower level table?
    Only reason I can think of, is the L10 club - we wanna finish stuff, regardless, just as a personal goal (&/or we just want a pile of dirty dishes to show for our efforts, lol).
    We're a kooky minority like that (whose numbers are quickly dwindling)!
    Go L10 train! *choo choo* LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    SpiritWind. As you did for the frog prince event, it would be great to have a poll at the end for this one, with one of the options being where people deliberately chose not to try to complete all levels - which is a very different message to give to not being able to complete the event.

I know you can only pass on feedback and cannot directly influence what S8 does, but to me this speaks volumes ...

(And as always Thx for all you do )
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    ....Yes I will do a poll at the conclusion of the event
    If you're gonna ask something like "Did you complete the event, get the peacock & upgrade your Tea Party to level 10?", I'd like to see more yes/no response options, like:
    "Yes to both but I intentionally spent gems (market items, speeding up collections, etc) &/or purchased a bundle"
    "Yes to both but I accidentally spent gems (gem traps)"
    "Yes to both, no gems spent or bundles purchased"
    "Yes to peacock, No to L10 table; I chose to keep a lower level table"
    "Yes to L10 table, No to peacock; couldn't collect enough teacups"
    "No to either, but not for lack of trying"
    "No to either; I gave up"

....or something like that, lol.
    You do an AWESOME job, that's just an example of more options for us to pick.

This event has been an insane DOOZY! ...and we're not even half-way thru it?!?!
    *Charlie Brown voice*: "Oh, good grief!" lol

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    weekly alicorns are the alicorns that recharge once a week with 40 energy. I bought both of mine, but they are very pricey. 600 gems I think. Available in the market. Others have had the opportunity to craft and or buy parts that are available from the loveshack . ( I missed that event). We had an event that we earned a horse that recharges weekly with 40 energy. That was before this steady stream of events we've been having recently.
    The daily alicorns are those that recharge daily with 4-100 energy. Yes I did get 100 energy, but that's pretty rare. Usually 4-6 energy.
    Thks for the explanations. I see the 600 gems alicorns wondering how it could ever cost so much. Maybe too much expensive and with no explanations.

I RAGE QUIT last night!!! When I accidentally hit the skip button on the "ask for Petit Fours" Task. Somewhere around 120 gems are now gone! The lack of a confirmation button has bitten me many times before, but this one is over the top!! I deleted the game in a RAGE but reinstalled to confirm the update had saved. Yep, it did!

I'm sorry neighbors... but the game keeps taking hard earned gems! I've lost my interest and I'm out. I opened a support ticket with Storm8. It remains to be seen if I play this game much anymore.

Rhino Keeper
    My hat is off to those of you who have made it to the end, or are at level 7 or more. I'm a level 38 player. I have no alicorns (out of my budget, even on sale), or any of the other gem-buyable extra sources of energy. A couple of months ago, I did have enough gems saved to buy the plant that gives a red petal every 20 minutes (I had about 70 red petals saved at the start of this event, but no red dyes.) At the moment, I have 2 of 5 tea, and 1 of 20 tea settings. Level 7 looks very far away to me right now, though I will continue to plug away at it to see if I can actually get there. From my perspective, it seems like this event was designed for the highest level, alicorn-rich players, with not much thought given to lower levels, or players without the extra energy resources. Events should be reasonably doable for all. (This is supposed to be fun, right?) I do hope S8 takes note of all the comments, and rethinks their strategy for future events. I feel like the little kid in the back seat, but instead of saying, "Are we there yet?", I'm asking, "Are we having fun yet?"

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Alohatami View Post
    My hat is off to those of you who have made it to the end, or are at level 7 or more. I'm a level 38 player. I have no alicorns (out of my budget, even on sale), or any of the other gem-buyable extra sources of energy. A couple of months ago, I did have enough gems saved to buy the plant that gives a red petal every 20 minutes (I had about 70 red petals saved at the start of this event, but no red dyes.) At the moment, I have 2 of 5 tea, and 1 of 20 tea settings. Level 7 looks very far away to me right now, though I will continue to plug away at it to see if I can actually get there. From my perspective, it seems like this event was designed for the highest level, alicorn-rich players, with not much thought given to lower levels, or players without the extra energy resources. Events should be reasonably doable for all. (This is supposed to be fun, right?) I do hope S8 takes note of all the comments, and rethinks their strategy for future events. I feel like the little kid in the back seat, but instead of saying, "Are we there yet?", I'm asking, "Are we having fun yet?"
    Well I am level 48 and just leveled the Tea Party to 8 this morning. I have not used any gems except to buy the pink flower that has a chance to drop the pink petals. With a 16 hour timer and the drop rate it is not much use. Chopping the tall grass doesn't get you much either. The endless tapping and chopping has grown tiresome for me. With the current drop rates I will be lucky to make level 9. I seriously doubt I will make level 10. The only way I see that happening is by using gems. I have some but I don't think you should have to use them to complete an event. I have said it before Castle Story and all games are designed to make you spend money. I have supported this game by buying gems and I have purchased a starter pack here and there. So I do get frustrated with Castle Story at times when events require things but the drop rates are so poor. Again you should not have to use gems to complete an event in my opinion. Will S8 listen.

Executive Chef
    Ok. Now y'all got me worried. If they changed the drops I would be upset. But looking at past events I don't see that happening.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    have you gone into edit mode and moved things around to see if they are hidden? This is just strange. Hope they show up.
    Edit: I know you probably already knew about the edit tip, but that's the best I can offer. Sorrry.
    Yep they are missing haven't seen them in days

Rhino Keeper
    It's official I'm bowing out at level 9. Since the Tea Party is only going to drop coins anyway. I guess it's no biggie. My goal is to get the peacock. S8 should really listen to their players concerns. They should've made this event 30 days like the Desert Nights. With such poor drops at least we would still have 20 days to complete the event. I don't understand S8.