View Poll Results: Question: Tea Party / Peacock - what did you achieve? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
530. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tea Party - L10

140 26.42%
  • Tea Party - L8-L9

269 50.75%
  • Tea party - no I tried but gave up

141 26.60%
  • Peacock - yes

262 49.43%
  • Peacock - no

228 43.02%
  • Gems - no gems spent at all

206 38.87%
  • Gems - bundle purchased

70 13.21%
  • Gems - spring flower purchased

100 18.87%
  • Gems - additional fences/paths purchased

31 5.85%
  • Gems - yes but for other reasons

150 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 69 of 115 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 4/13: The Baron's Tea Party | POLL ADDED - PLEASE VOTE

Rhino Keeper
    I've got two red flowers to collect from but I'm stuggling to make the red dye needed. I know chopping grass helps but I'm maxed on the other colour petal varities. Any advice?

Rhino Keeper
    Wow I have 17 more tea settings to make so I can upgrade to level 8. My problem has definitely been the porcelain clay. I just used 40 energy chopping rocks and got 4 porcelain clay. I will be lucky if I can upgrade to level 9 as for level 10 I don't think I will make it with the current drop rates. I will keep going until the end though. We must remember that Castle Story and all games are designed to make you spend money. If I make it great if not oh well.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki250 View Post
    Wow I have 17 more tea settings to make so I can upgrade to level 8. My problem has definitely been the porcelain clay. I just used 40 energy chopping rocks and got 4 porcelain clay. I will be lucky if I can upgrade to level 9 as for level 10 I don't think I will make it with the current drop rates. I will keep going until the end though. We must remember that Castle Story and all games are designed to make you spend money. If I make it great if not oh well.
    Collect from ponds. Better drop rate and recycles in 10 minutes. If you have any mermaid ponds I think they're guaranteed to give clay.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bss0226 View Post
    Collect from ponds. Better drop rate and recycles in 10 minutes. If you have any mermaid ponds I think they're guaranteed to give clay.
    Yeah I do collect from the ponds but my drop rate has only been 1-2 or none at all. I guess it is different for everyone.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    yes, I just used all my Ali 's energy and got 15 petals. Do not chop less than 20 cause the chance is very low.
    Also, do the same thing to the mushrooms. I harvest at least 15 mushrooms at one batch
    Gosh, I'm batting zero. I just cut 35 tall grass all at once, based on your advise...and no petals.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I chopped around 100 grass and got 4 petals..... So, about 1/20-25 which is consistent with others.

Fashion Designer
    yes, I just used all my Ali 's energy and got 15 petals. Do not chop less than 20 cause the chance is very low.
    Also, do the same thing to the mushrooms. I harvest at least 15 mushrooms at one batch
    I have also found it it better to chop a lot to get a better drop rate for petals. I used 120 energy in one go (energy from all daily alis, which were very kind in their drops, and 3 adventures) to get 10 petals. But the first 30'chops gave me nothing.

But that is a lot of energy to have available! Thankfully, I now no longer need to get petals as I have all I need for lvl 9 (not doing lvl 10) and 1 souvenir (though not sure why I want souvenirs of this event ....).

Clay and tea seem better than that in their consistency of drops But I try to do a minimum of 10 each time.

Fashion Designer
    1 setting and 1.5 tea to lvl 9 lol I think I definately will try to upgrade tea party to lvl 10.
    Good luck! I admire your perseverance I am 5 tea and 5 settings off lvl 9 but that will be it

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by midninghtcm View Post
    I've got two red flowers to collect from but I'm stuggling to make the red dye needed. I know chopping grass helps but I'm maxed on the other colour petal varities. Any advice?
    There is a thread on red petals here, not sure if that will help
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...-Petals/page13

This will be hard for those that don't have multiple sources and didn't start with much...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgera View Post
    I'm a new player of castle story and so far I really do like it. But this event is frustrating. I'd like to have the peacock, but can't level the Tea Party fast enough to have a chance on it (currently at lv. 6) . It is hard with no additional sources of energy. At least I was able to buy a red trillium flower. And I also learned the trick about, having a spring racoon out so no troll will spawn while farming the mushrooms for tea leafs or the tall grass for spring petals. So although I'm a bit sad, I can still collect for community prizes.
    Something is a bit strange though, I could only craft one spring racoon and then the option disappeared from my workshop, is this a bug? (Sorry if someone already explaned it and I missed it, the thread is already very long)
    Welcome. Looks like you've had lots of good advice here. The forum is very helpful

My advice is more for future timed events. I would recommend coming to the forum before you start an event. For low level players in particular, events can ask for very hard to get items (golden eggs, nuggets etc) and the forum can give you a heads up and help you decide if you want to participate. SpiritWind does a great job of collecting the info and hints and tips, and putting that all on page one of each event thread, so that is a good place to keep checking.

My personal opinion (and feel free to ignore it!) would be to focus on your story line quests and use your resources and energy for those as a priority over events - they are what makes CS great.