View Poll Results: Question: Tea Party / Peacock - what did you achieve? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
530. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tea Party - L10

140 26.42%
  • Tea Party - L8-L9

269 50.75%
  • Tea party - no I tried but gave up

141 26.60%
  • Peacock - yes

262 49.43%
  • Peacock - no

228 43.02%
  • Gems - no gems spent at all

206 38.87%
  • Gems - bundle purchased

70 13.21%
  • Gems - spring flower purchased

100 18.87%
  • Gems - additional fences/paths purchased

31 5.85%
  • Gems - yes but for other reasons

150 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1147

Thread: Castle Story 4/13: The Baron's Tea Party | POLL ADDED - PLEASE VOTE

ASAP help. I have been stuck on 1297 teacups for the entire day. I've been sick so was not really looking but saw the number I told a friend this morning and it's the same number this morning 24 hours later. This has to be at least 6-8 collections as being sick I had nothing to do and have been setting alarms when not napping. At level 9 I just lost at around 200 cups which was needed for me to complete. Any help or advice before we run out of time is much needed as there's not enough time for a ticket and this was the one thing I wanted to have a mate for my other peacock. Please if one of the mods can help sort this out so I can complete with the fewest gems possible. This would be a truly unfair finish after all these days. Thank you in advance and I hope things can be resolved as fast as possible. I will continue to collect but worry that I just got jipped in an event again. My only hope is someone helping with this one as it would be unfair to me as a player not to get the same amount of teacups for my work as everyone else has for such s long event where I put the work in!

Sorry cross posting due to time sensitivity so hopefully the mods catches one quickly!
    Last edited by janddolphins; 05-03-17 at 03:49 AM.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Executive Chef
    Thanks for the poll SW. What should those of us who opted out right away vote? Like Zirlika, I saw the energy and resource requirements and opted out. I think that is important feedback to S8 also.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Thanks for the poll SW. What should those of us who opted out right away vote? Like Zirlika, I saw the energy and resource requirements and opted out. I think that is important feedback to S8 also.
    Hmm, I can't change the poll questions once it's live, however, the closest would be: Tea party - no I tried but gave up ?

I've made a note to include an option for "opted out" next time...
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-03-17 at 03:41 AM.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    ASAP help. I have been stuck on 1297 teacups for at least the past 4 collections, possibly up to 6! I was set up to be able to make it or be close at the end of the event for the peacock but at level 9 I just lost at least 100! Any help or advice before we run out of time is much needed as there's not enough time for a ticket and this was the one thing I wanted to have a mate for my other peacock. Please if one of the mods can help sort this out so I can complete with the fewest gems possible. This would be a truly unfair finish after all these days. Thank you in advance and I hope things can be resolved as fast as possible. I will continue to collect but worry that I just got jipped in an event again. My only hope is someone helping with this one

Sorry cross posting here and bugs due to time crunch is being so sensitive so hopefully to mods catches one quickly!
    Oh no! Have you tried force closing or even a reinstall? it would be a very good idea to take a screen shot (press the 2 power buttons on your device) with your before and after counts every time you collect. I'll report this for you as S8 will be back at work before the event finishes.

Fashion Designer
    I've upgraded to level 10! Still don't have the peacock, but should do within 6-8 hours from now.
    Can't say I really enjoyed myself, but didn't need any gems - I was playing every 1-2 hours for 14 hours a day though!
    I found upgrading to level 8 and 9 quite laborious, then for 10 I found my rhythm and it wasn't so bad!

Fashion Designer
    Waiting for the last tea setting to finish in the workshop to bring the party to level 8. It never occurred to me to use the 1500 or so energy that I could've pulled out, between energy crates and being maxed on ingredients for faerie elixir. Now I'm really glad I didn't.

I figured that given the rarity of the tea leaves, it took about 180 energy for each pot of tea. That's 1800 energy just to get enough tea for level 8. When you add the ridiculous number of tea settings and then the abysmal rate of petals, the useless prizes are almost insulting. The only saving grace for me is that I haven't finished the storyline yet. Once I get to the end of the story I can't imagine these events will keep me interested if they continue at this rate.
    No Gems For Runes!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by joelynjellybean View Post
    I just updated my tea party to level 10 and crafted 2 spring raccoons. I have 2 more collections to get the spring peacock and there are just over 2 days left in the event. I didn't use any gems or buy any packs to help me along quicker.

I am level 50 and have 2 of each of the crafting buildings we all have. For extra energy I have Destrier and Rouncy, 3 weekly alis (none purchased at full price) 15 daily alis, I watch the daily videos for the 6 extra energy and I visited neighbors daily until I got the 10 extra energy there. I only log in at night if I wake up anyway to use the restroom because to me RL including my sleep is way more important than any game. I read ahead in the forums to see what was going to be required and just worked at it steadily. Sometimes I can log in during the day and sometimes not.

As for my strategy, I went through a lot of tall grass at first to build up my tea party invites and then left a spring raccoon parked at the edge of my kingdom so I didn't have to waste energy on fighting other monsters. I also read through the inventory guide and pulled out everything that had a chance to drop red petals. I ended up using 1 red trillium (won from an adventure I think), 3 sprite blossoms, 2 forest thistle, 2 paradise blooms, 2 forest dahlia, 1 romantic larkspur and 1 flowering bush. By collecting these regularly I was able to keep ahead of the red petal needs and not spend gems. I started out maxed on wheat, sugarcane, flour and sugar and also get extras of those from the daily videos and just planted enough of those to fulfill the requirements of the quest and used their extra energy for other collections. Now that I'm almost done I'm restocking on flour and sugar and red petals and red dye for the future.

As for the rest I had out 12-13 ponds which regularly dropped clay, the spring petals came along fairly easily while trying to get the tea party invites and I had out about 20-25 various mushroom types. I varied my collections between all the things needed instead of concentrating on any one thing first and it seemed to flow fairly smoothly. I didn't stress about getting to a certain level I just kept plugging away and I got there. I even accomplished the first two side goals (didn't even try for the 3rd when I read on the forum that it would take 30 red petals) without much stress.

So maybe that's the key. Don't stress or worry or hurry and it finally came. Yes the random drops are frustrating but it seemed like over the course of the event it all evened out. Sometimes 0-1 drop and sometimes almost everything dropped.

Hope that helps you a little. But it does sound like you pretty high level and getting there already. I think my biggest thing was having those extra sources of red petals which have come from previous events so I didn't have to spend gems there either.
    Well - thanks for the insight. I don't have all the other plants you mention that apparently drop red petals. & you seem to have many more alis + to add to your energy. I only have the 2. I do watch the videos, when they decide to load. Often I have issues with them freezing up or not loading. I also found that the ponds dropped more clay verses the rocks. And you have 4 more ponds than I have out. The forums are very helpful for looking ahead with what you need. I was unable to complete any of the side goals. Didn't even try to attempt the 3rd one due to the amount of red petals. Sounds like the biggest difference for you is all the alis you have for extra energy. Again, thanks for sharing your experience. Congrats on completion. With a little over 11 hours left, I am done. Have a raccoon, tea party at level 8 (with too many of each part needed to have a chance at finishing), & I will not get the peacock. Not sure I'll make it to the 4th individual prize even. Good luck to the rest of you, if you're still working.
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenCarolyn View Post
    Great questions. I have been playing since 2013 and have the love shack, which MAYBE lets me make one alicorn a year. I have max of everything, all level 5. For energy I have 2 wizard schools, Queen's keep, barracks, and haunted keep. I have 14 weekly alicorns and 16 weekly ones. I have $64 mill. i was maed on almost everything at the start of this quest. I have 2 kitchens and 2 winter bakeries, Ivy's bakery, food shelter, bountiful table, mystery dinner table, and I just bought a second harvest pergola. i have 3 red trilium, 2 multi-colored hedge, 3 faerie flowerbeds (I bought 1 with gems.) and I flower garden. I haven't bought much with gems, and I get a lot of gems through quests. Is the barracks still available for you? That would be my first choice. Also get haunted keep if you can; I do not know what is available.

When they have an event, they often have something for gems that just works during the event (like a plant to drop petals). I avoid those.

I have finished and have the peacock, but this was very time and energy intense. People shoudn't have to set a timer every 2 hours for 20 days!

Good luck!
    Thanks - helpful info. I checked the buildings you mention that I don't have. Sadly, I do not spend gems on this game, only the ones I 'earn'. Many of the buildings are hundreds of gems. Which means I'll never be able to get them. Looks like I don't have access to many other items you mention. Congrats on finishing!

And thanks SpiritWind for the poll. Results make me feel a little better
    Last edited by HappyHeartBakery; 05-03-17 at 05:05 AM.
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Banned
    I got the community prize, the racoon and - I guess that's it. Tea party to level 7 before I gave up. No peacock. I got around 700 teacups. Didn't buy anything because what was the point for a contest I couldn't win even with a purchase? Maybe the next one will be a monster hunt. Something less frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Oh no! Have you tried force closing or even a reinstall? it would be a very good idea to take a screen shot (press the 2 power buttons on your device) with your before and after counts every time you collect. I'll report this for you as S8 will be back at work before the event finishes.
    Went ahead and not only did s hard reset the the game but reset my phone on and off. Not sure if you guys did something or not but I collected again and jumped from 2097 to 2122 so got my 25 this time, but still owed somewhere between 150-200 cups. At least a start in the right direction, but I really need those cups to help me finish today. Thanks again for your quick response and hopefully a fix and answer
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 