View Poll Results: Question: Tea Party / Peacock - what did you achieve? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
530. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tea Party - L10

140 26.42%
  • Tea Party - L8-L9

269 50.75%
  • Tea party - no I tried but gave up

141 26.60%
  • Peacock - yes

262 49.43%
  • Peacock - no

228 43.02%
  • Gems - no gems spent at all

206 38.87%
  • Gems - bundle purchased

70 13.21%
  • Gems - spring flower purchased

100 18.87%
  • Gems - additional fences/paths purchased

31 5.85%
  • Gems - yes but for other reasons

150 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 112 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1147

Thread: Castle Story 4/13: The Baron's Tea Party | POLL ADDED - PLEASE VOTE

Farm Supplier
    Just some notes on my experience this go around.

I was finally able to upgrade to level nine just last night, with roughly 15 hours left on the clock. I really wanted to go for level ten, but with the really high requirements to do so, there was just no way. I don't know how I managed to lag behind by so much, except that I probably lost quite a bit of time collecting tea cups and everything else just from having to sleep (I know, who needs sleep, right?). Luckily, I work someplace where I can check my phone every hour for most of the day and then long into the evening once I'm home, but the drop rates really stalled progress.

And it wasn't even because of the spring petals, which, oddly, I didn't have trouble collecting (but I know a ton of other people did)...it was because of the lack of red petals for the dye and the abysmal drop rate of the tea leaves. I somehow had scraped along up until last night getting the red petals that I needed, hacking at grass like crazy and collecting from my one red flower, and depleting my small stash of pre-existing red dye, but there was just no chance for 10. If I had another ten days, I'd be able to do it.

It wasn't even necessarily because I didn't have the energy to do it--I've got two daily alicorns from previous sales and one of the regular white alicorns that happened to be timed just right for this event, and I've gotten energy from my royal exchange and adventures while this has been going on, but that's it. I just had dismal luck getting the tea leaves I needed and around level 8, I had trouble getting the porcelain I needed. I found that ponds had a better drop rate than rocks, so I had about 10 ponds on the board, along with about 15 different mushrooms, and a whole field of tall grass to chop at. I was even stocked pretty well with sugar and floor, but that's all gone now.

Early on, I just kept fighting the raccoons until I had enough for probably the first 5 or 6 levels and then just parked one in a corner so I wouldn't have to waste energy on other creatures. After that, I focused mainly on porcelain and tea leaves, collecting red petals as much as I could. And I was okay for a while. I actually was rather hopeful that I was going to finish with maybe a day left. Then it started getting rough about level 6. I've been playing for a while, so I had resources to work with, and I was diligent about checking things at least once an hour, but I didn't make much progress for several days and I swear level 7 took me a week to complete. That really made me unhappy.

But I really wanted that peacock and that level 10, so I kept at it. I didn't buy the spring flower because I knew it wouldn't do much after the event and I didn't start spending gems to speed things up until last night. So most of the event was spent just plodding along...the constant grass mowing and pond fishing and shroom collecting didn't bother me, though it wasn't particularly fun. A lot of the other materials those things dropped got wasted, though I did mostly keep on top of things, using as much as I could on other potions and building materials while I was waiting to collect enough of the event items to do something with.

But I saw I was barely going to get to level 9 and decided to stop there. I ended up buying the bundle with the 200 teacups and then bought some gems on sale so I could speed up teacup collection for the last 400 teacups. I didn't really feel too bad about doing that because if you wait an hour into the collection timer, it was only 2 gems per 25 teacups and I actually had even time where I could even wait an hour and a half of the timer and only have to spend 1 gem.

So I have my peacock, who will keep my other peacock company, and maybe it'll be another energy source, though early reports say it's probably only good for eggs, and I have my level 9 decoration, and I'm okay with that. I'm even almost level 48 when I was barely level 47 when this started, so that's something. What's really the most irritating thing is that now I have all these left over building parts for the event, and I can't get rid of them. So even though I knew I was quitting at level 9 and purposely stopped collecting some stuff so there wouldn't be any leftovers, I'm still left with spring petals and invites and sweets, etc. that are just going to sit there forever and bloat my inventory.

Yay.

I hate leftovers in this game. I want a nice, sleek inventory, clean of junk I can't use. Let me hide it, vendor it, give it away to someone else, I don't care. I just don't want it in there. I'm not a collector, so I don't find having all those item cards to look at all that appealing. It takes forever to find anything! My game almost always crashes when I go to the store or look in my inventory for something and that alone is really exhausting. The fact that I was at the store buying endless fields of grass this whole time made it even worse. I don't even know if there's a fix for that.

I guess I don't understand why it was only for 20 days. 30 would have been better. As it was, we barely got the final community prize, with less than half an hour left. That's rather silly. You know what's also silly? Really unrealistic drop rates. I mean, c'mon, I know we've gotta work for our loot, but seriously, why make it so hard? Also, adding energy to the bundles, even if it was only an extra 60 or something low like that, would have made it more appealing to purchase. If the point is to make money, then you have to market it in such a way that people actually want it, and I know I'm not the only one that's said so in this thread.

I'm sure there's more to be said, but I'm too exhausted from this event to try and remember it all. Time to focus on the BS event now. Shout out to those that documented what was needed for the levels and did the math--that is always extremely helpful and I want to shower all of you that do with the most delicious Internet cookies ever. =) And congrats to those of you that made it to the end with double raccoons, a peacock, and a level 10 tea party! I wish I had paid more attention to the note I think someone posted about how the creation of one raccoon removes the ability to have more because I actually wanted another and couldn't because I messed it up.
    Last edited by Eilonthay; 05-03-17 at 05:09 PM.

Executive Chef
    Did anyone get energy from the peacock? Not me
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    Did anyone get energy from the peacock? Not me
    Nope, not once, and I've had my peacock since Sunday.
    Gotten nothing but an egg and sometimes a roast chicken. Not even a golden egg yet.

When I begged for a peacock, I didn't mean a chicken in costume!!!

I don't think I've EVER been so glad to see an event end. This one has been downright EXHAUSTING.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Nope, not once, and I've had my peacock since Sunday.
    Gotten nothing but an egg and sometimes a roast chicken. Not even a golden egg yet.

When I begged for a peacock, I didn't mean a chicken in costume!!!

I don't think I've EVER been so glad to see an event end. This one has been downright EXHAUSTING.
    And I opened the game just now to see the final prize was awarded & guess what!!??!! It's deco!!! Another item to throw immediately into storage. SMH!!!
    Is there any point to even doing these timed goals anymore?
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef

Unhappy

I've only made it to level 5 Tea Party. I've been working on it non-stop. This is very discouraging. Points wise, I've made it to 550 points, which is nowhere near finishing up personal goals.

Fashion Designer
    So after the last tea party collection, less than two hours before the end of the event, I was at 665 teacups. I could've gem skipped to get to 2400 for the peacock and it would've cost about 360 or so gems. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I have over 900 gems, all earned and not bought, but I just refused when it came down to the end.

And to be honest, for the past few hours, every time I get a golden egg from any source, I'm relieved with my decision not to gem skip for the peacock.
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    Okay, drop aside, this Spring Peacock has less animation than the Royal Peacock we got from the event in the past. But hey, at least that means it not a completely re-skin version (emphasize on the "completely" part).

I ended up getting almost all the parts needed to upgrade and I would have push it to get my Tea Party to lv10 if the it didn't just drop coin post-event. What a way to **** off motivation! It feels like all the effort I've put into it was a waste

I actually tried to get to level 10 but the lack of drops got me. I focused on the harder to get spring petals and tea leaves first and then had 2.5 days to get enough porcelain clay. But using every bit of energy including two daily alicorns, visiting neighbors and a wizard school, I ended up 150 clay short. I did speed up the collection on the tea party to get the peacock and spent about 25 gems to get it 30 minutes before the deadline. I placed it and I could only see the shadow. But it was there and I could see the shadow. When I went back to collect from it, it was gone! Just disappeared! So awesome that I worked so hard and spent gems to get it and now it isn't on my board or in my inventory! I force closed my game and it still isn't there!

I made it to Level 10, only by setting my clock forward and playing obsessively. What a waste of effort.

"No I tried but gave up" implies that if one hadn't given up, one could have made it. Therefore, there should be a 4th option to choose: no, I tried but still didn't make it.