View Poll Results: Question: Tea Party / Peacock - what did you achieve? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
530. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tea Party - L10

140 26.42%
  • Tea Party - L8-L9

269 50.75%
  • Tea party - no I tried but gave up

141 26.60%
  • Peacock - yes

262 49.43%
  • Peacock - no

228 43.02%
  • Gems - no gems spent at all

206 38.87%
  • Gems - bundle purchased

70 13.21%
  • Gems - spring flower purchased

100 18.87%
  • Gems - additional fences/paths purchased

31 5.85%
  • Gems - yes but for other reasons

150 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 97 of 115 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 4/13: The Baron's Tea Party | POLL ADDED - PLEASE VOTE

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by adekil40 View Post
    I've been level 50 for ages and maxed out on most items and this event I won't finish. Any event with random drops then it doesn't matter what level you are as its all luck, which is not enjoyable whatsoever!!
    i think a lot of energy sources was the key factor in this one. A player could go through their 40 energy in about 10 minutes.
    But you're right, the randomness is ridiculous. It's disheartening to tap on 10 ponds and get 1 clay.
    Last edited by riverly; 04-28-17 at 06:10 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    i think a lot of energy sources was the key factor in this one. A player could go through their 40 energy in about 10 minutes.
    But you're right, the randomness is ridiculous. It's disheartening to tap on 10 ponds and get 1 clay.
    At level 50 for what seems like forever, I had lots of energy sources, so that was not my problem. But: I cannot check in as often as necessary, and then I got burned out. It was just not enjoyable for me anymore, so at level 9 I tried to get to 10 ( must finish what you started!) and then gave up. Too much , and all for not so desirable prizes. And I am happy with the peacock I have. So I just now put everything in storage. And I felt tremendous relief!!! Now I just replenish everything and keep working on my last few expansions.
    Best of luck to those still hanging in there, may the force be with you!!
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Executive Chef
    Yep, time is indeed a factor also. Restocking sugar requires that you check in every 15 minutes. Overall, a lot of negatives. Monotony being another. Bad prizes. I guess we could go on and on. I think S8 needed some time to regroup and just threw this out. I hope the next one is better.

I thought that too and my overall goal is ending then. Just my optional timed goal is ending at 1pm CST which is completely random. I am getting way less than 3 days (2 days 8hours) to complete it even though I waited until after the CS day started to start it as suggested by everyone. It will be close but doable if they would even give me until 5cst like the regular goal time.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    i think a lot of energy sources was the key factor in this one. A player could go through their 40 energy in about 10 minutes.But you're right, the randomness is ridiculous. It's disheartening to tap on 10 ponds and get 1 clay.
    It's funny, once I stopped trying to level up and stored some of the extra ponds and mushrooms I had out my drops improved considerably. I've been getting clay and tea leaves on most taps.... go figure. It was so disheartening to get so little clay from ponds etc during the time I actually participated, this event was a total downer for me. I still have some of the main story line to work on so I'm not short of things to do in my Queendom, I get why people who have nothing left to do in the game stuck with this event though. Something is better than nothing I guess. I appreciate all updates but I'm starting to learned to just let go of the ones that aren't working for me and as Jennerwein1 said what a tremendous relief it is to just store everything and let go. To me, feeling that relief shows that this game can be more of a chore and less fun at times which isn't how a game should be. Anyway, just thought I'd mention the difference in my drop rates. Good luck to all still plugging away!
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Congrats!! 🙀❤️ 🦄

Wish I could say the same but I feel like I'm slipping behind
    Contemplating just stopping as I hit LVL9 ...
    I have zero motivation for this one and also thinking I've missed any chance at LVL10 now
    Peacock is starting to look unlikely too
    Same for me. I just couldn't play often enough to get all the way, and I don't have enough energy sources. If the final prizes were more interesting I'd be terribly disappointed. I'll pack everything away when I get to level 9 and keep collecting for the peacock, although I think it's unlikely that I'll make it. And I've got at least another day trying for level 9 before I can let this one go - but what a relief it will be. Well done to anyone crazy enough to persist! This afternoon the tea drops, which have been awful up to now, seem to have got better, but the petals have run out completely for me and it's frustrating to cut through more than 40 grass and get none. I think the flower fence is pretty - so I'm glad I got into the community prizes. I'll try to use it somewhere.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm one teapot away from level nine, putting the mushrooms away and preparing to call time on this... When what should pop up but a bargain pack. And I almost, almost fell for it. Ten plates of little cakes - enough to make me think I might almost make level ten. But those cakes are the petit fours you need from neighbours, not the sweet cakes you need for the upgrade.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 04-28-17 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Removed flaming remarks

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by storiadelcastello View Post
    Other than making sugar (very energy intensive) 75 sugar cane per sweet, what else gives sugar please. I was maxed on sugar and sugar cane but am rapidly using up my resources but can't remember what drops sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    The milk and egg trade in the Royal Exchange drops sugar and flour. The alicolts, Clydesdales, and regular horses are a good source for sugar as well. If you have the Satyr, he drops sugar most times. I'm sure there are other sources, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck.
    The tunnel of love and the kissing booth occasionally drop sugar too. And the booth also has a chance of dropping red petals.

Rhino Keeper
    This event is no tea party...to bad so many will not get the peacock. The demands are too monotonous and almost impossible to a acquire. The drop rates are ridiculous. This event was the worst ever for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    I'm one teapot away from level nine, putting the mushrooms away and preparing to call time on this... When what should pop up but a bargain pack. And I almost, almost fell for it. Ten plates of little cakes - enough to make me think I might almost make level ten. But those cakes are the petit fours you need from neighbours, not the sweet cakes you need for the upgrade.
    Whoa! I had to double check after seeing your post!! I didn't buy it, wasn't going to anyway, but they would have caught me. I thought "Wow! This is awesome for those trying to upgrade!" I thought it was the sweets too!!! Shoulda known getting all ten sweets was too good to be true.
    To make it worse, the petit fours are not even used as far as I can tell. They aren't required for the upgrade, and I don't see them used elsewhere.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 04-28-17 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Quote updated
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending