Thread: Bring back 2 day expansions

Host(ess)

Bring back 2 day expansions

I am getting bored of this game with the new 3-day expansions. It freezes the island expansion via mining and freezes requests for island maps. I have found myself playing DS less now since I no longer have to check for who is sending me maps on the newsfeed. Anyone else feel this way?

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    You've got company. I still don't know for the life of me why we have to wait 3 days for expansions plus another 2 days to clear out long time foliage. Dizzumb is what I call it...

Rhino Keeper
    Another choice from our wise superiors..

Fashion Designer
    Ugh, I didn't realize it had changed, thought I just wasn't paying close attention to when I had started my last few expansions. I agree, three days (plus all the clearing) is way too long. I have never, and will never, spend gems to speed up an expansion.

I have noticed since the aesthetic changes were made to the unexpanded land, there seems to be less little stuff to clear in each newly expanded area- which may sound great, but it makes the clearing foliage Bingo tasks darn near impossible to complete.

Just in case anyone doesn't know: If you have the Arctic, you can send out a round of map requests while a mainland expansion is underway and map requests are locked up. The catch is: you have to be short of maps for an Arctic expansion to do it... so you can basically only send one round of requests. But, even that little bit helps.

I think S8 must believe if they make everything take longer, people will spend more gems to speed stuff up. That tactic actually has the opposite effect on me- it slams my wallet tightly closed. I haven't bought gems in ages because of all the negative changes to the game. With the exception of first 2 DT dragons, when was the last time we had a new dragon with an incubation time of less than 18 hours? Most have been 20+ hours.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 04-14-17 at 07:05 AM.

Fashion Designer
    The good thing about mining for land is you don't have to wait for the expansion...it's instant. Something else - I had lots of maps and lots of dynamite for mining. The game chose dynamite & mining for me to do first.