Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Castle: update 3/30 - The Fanged Forest Storybook Event

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    In all previous quests/goals, when it says to ask/request neighbours for items, it only registers when your neighbours accept your requests.
    Yes, you have to receive the 20 torches to move on. We can only send out 20 per day, so if you're like me and don't know which neighbors are close to your time zone, you're stuck waiting. I still need two, and only have 13 hours left.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucinda1989 View Post
    Yes, you have to receive the 20 torches to move on. We can only send out 20 per day, so if you're like me and don't know which neighbors are close to your time zone, you're stuck waiting. I still need two, and only have 13 hours left.
    You can send out as many requests as you like. It is just that you can only get a maximum of 20 back. I sent out 250.

Rhino Keeper
    So when I logged into my game this morning I had a material request from my neighbor for a torch that was from 4 days ago!!! #1.) how does that help my neighbor 4 days later and #2.) It makes me look like a terrible neighbor because I answered it 4 days late. Why did the request take 4 days to get to me so I could approve it?! Very very frustrating

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by wamboltia View Post
    So when I logged into my game this morning I had a material request from my neighbor for a torch that was from 4 days ago!!! #1.) how does that help my neighbor 4 days later and #2.) It makes me look like a terrible neighbor because I answered it 4 days late. Why did the request take 4 days to get to me so I could approve it?! Very very frustrating
    You can only get 20 responses a day. If someone sends more than 20 requests, and get 20 back on the first day, the rest disappear and appear again on the next day.
    Seeing a request that's 4 days old means that the player sent a lot of them and got the needed 20 a long time ago So no worries, it's just how this game works

Banned
    Originally Posted by wamboltia View Post
    I am getting them from several days ago as well. Nothing you can do - you can't send it until you get the request.

Executive Chef
    So I just finished, with 6 hours left on my timer. I'm very happy I got to complete this event. It was close but that's okay, as long as I got to finish I don't mind cutting it close. I was also happy I didn't have to babysit my game too much, which is probably why I cut it so close but I'd rather that than not being able to put my iPad down. It was an enjoyable event, the chopping of trees and rock outcroppings didn't bother me because the drop rate for the resources needed were great! Having to ask neighbours for the torches wasn't great because it took so long to get them back, I only sent out about 25 requests to players I know were participating in the event so I know they replied as soon as the seen my request I just think there was a delay in them receiving my request. I got 11 back in about as many hours so I just gemmed the remaining 9 I needed. I sped up a few other things also, so although I spent some gems it wasn't a lot. I did buy the special offer for the mantiwort terrarium and the sleeping dahlia to help with collections considering that I wasn't willing to babysit the game, it was $4.99 so not bad. Anyway I'm more than happy with these items, I don't even care what they drop, they make up for it as far as I'm concerned just because they are so cute!! I love them, great addition to my Queendom. I love the artwork

I'd like to thank all the players who played ahead and complied all the information on what was needed. I wouldn't have finished without having that information in advance, so thank you very much.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 04-11-17 at 08:01 PM. Reason: very happy you finished! :) swearing removed though... thanks.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Rhino Keeper
    Well that sucks...under my License To ****, it says I got enough to get my baby.... I go to get it, and I'm 20 short.... guess I'm not getting that in 20 hours...how disappointing that one thing says you have enough and where you hatch it says you don't...somethings wrong here...my 1ch1ps in case this isn't right...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ch1ps View Post
    Well that sucks...under my License To ****, it says I got enough to get my baby.... I go to get it, and I'm 20 short.... guess I'm not getting that in 20 hours...how disappointing that one thing says you have enough and where you hatch it says you don't...somethings wrong here...my 1ch1ps in case this isn't right...
    the licence to **** counter shows your overall total of savage seedlings collections during the event.. not calculating what you have used for crafting or upgrading the various levels.
    so sorry you didn't realize this before, but it's the same in all games. the correct counter of what you have left for use is in the workshop, where you craft the baby mantiwort, or also, in your inventory.
    good luck and hope you were able to spawn enough before time-out.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Now I know...thanks...that is confusing....I knew it was too good to be true...but I spawned too many other monsters instead of the seedlings...thanks for letting me know

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeast72 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how often the Golden Mine drops Gold Nuggets? Are the drops like 1 gold item a per collection or several gold items? Are you getting nuggets almost every collection? I presumed that it was 1 gold item a day and at that rate, assuming it rotates you'd get 1 nugget every 3rd collection, averaging 10nuggets a month. Gold trade for 5gems need 3nuggets so figure 10trades per 90days (40trades annually) if you collect every available time. This means you wouldnt even see a return on your investment until roughly 1.5yrs later. That is assuming my original expectations of a nugget every 3rd collection is the case. Can anyone shed some light on drop expectations for gold nuggets (Im always maxed on apples and eggs)?

Here's a breakdown assuming daily collection and alternating single item drops...
    'Gold Trade ROI' begins after:
    52trades=156nuggets=468collections (1per day for all intents & purposes)
    468days=1.28yrs=15.5mo
    It's always one gold item, and like all in this game, drops are pretty much random. For me nuggets are the most common, but I've seen some players complaining the don't get them often enough.
    Personally I bought the mine because I've been maxed on nuggets for some time and didn't have enough of the other items to do the trade. With the latest egg requirements I'm still struggling with those a little bit, but at least my apples stock has finale risen above 30