Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle: update 3/30 - The Fanged Forest Storybook Event

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by midninghtcm View Post
    Apparently, I'm the only poor sucker who can't complete goals these days. Sigh. I Stuggled with the mantibeetle collection despite having collected extra on chp 5 and 6. I think my problem was that in the begining I really struggled with living wood. It took me a while to collect all that I needed and then we had another upgrade with them and it was the same over again. I'm disappointed. With 16 hours to go on my clock, even if I collect every two hours for mantibeetles, I won't make it and I'm at the end of Chapter 9. I hate coming this far and knowing I'm going to fail. That sucks. But, maybe somewhere in the future I'll be able to finish something. I sometimes which the game would also be based for people who have a life outside gaming and no money to buy gems.
    Im also at chaper 9, but I cant finish this because I do not get the torches..
    Im waiting and waiting for 9 hours now for the torches..
    There's nothing I can do and there is not any respons from S8

Quote Originally Posted by judafarm View Post
    HELP.....

TIME IS RUNNING AND I DO NOT GET ANY TORCHES FOR HOURS NOW...

I restart the game...
    I restart my ipad..
    Nothing is helping for this glitch...

Please answer...!!!!

Are you getting notifications that neighbors have responded, but the torches just aren't counting? If so, force closing is the only advice we have.

Are your neighbors just not responding at all? If so, try sending requests to different neighbors. Here is the "add me thread" link. This is for people looking for active neighbors. Try adding some of those players and sending them requests.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...amp-April-2017

Send a message to support telling them about the issue. I don't know if it's monitored on weekends, but at least you'll have proof you reported the issue and might possibly get some help next week.

My last suggestion, and the least attractive, would be to go ahead and skip that step with gems. I don't know if that is an option for you, but if so, make sure you include the fact that you had to do so in your message to support.

https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please note: If you already have ALL of the necessary materials and 2 workshops, you will only need 6 hours to complete the super grow. So make sure you have your loose dirt, beetles and plant pots ready to go and set timers.
    As long as you have all of the other items needed for the last two upgrades ready to go, chapter 10 takes literally seconds to complete. Check page one, post one for the necessary requirements and make sure they are in inventory. If anything is missing work on it while waiting for torches.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 04-08-17 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added links
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Are you getting notifications that neighbors have responded, but the torches just aren't counting? If so, force closing is the only advice we have.

Are your neighbors just not responding at all? If so, try sending requests to different neighbors. Here is the "add me thread" link. This is for people looking for active neighbors. Try adding some of those players and sending them requests.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...amp-April-2017

Send a message to support telling them about the issue. I don't know if it's monitored on weekends, but at least you'll have proof you reported the issue and might possibly get some help next week.

My last suggestion, and the least attractive, would be to go ahead and skip that step with gems. I don't know if that is an option for you, but if so, make sure you include the fact that you had to do so in your message to support.

https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    I had never this problem before by asking for request by friends.
    I have many neighbours here.
    Even myself on my iphone.
    I cant send request anymore now..
    But, I wil add new friends and hope I cant ask them for try sending torches...

Banned
    Le sigh. I was right. I'm on level 9 of building my whatever it is. I've got 16 hours left on my timer. I've got one supergrow and two mystery nuggets left on this level. Then whatever I'll need on level 10. There's no way to finish yet again - it's impossible. So why would I spend cash? Why would I buy a $9.00 package when I'm looking at it and thinking "waste of money. This is yet another impossible to finish task". I'm at level 50 so aside from one challenge still open there's not a lot of motivation for me to play when I'll never win. I'm sorry I wasted money on the gold mine - what's the point of gold when you won't win? They're loosing a lot of money with me. Plus they keep trying to get me to rate this game. They wouldn't like my rating at this point. I haven't been happy since the swan competition.
    Last edited by rulerofjennyville; 04-08-17 at 09:10 AM.

Executive Chef
    another event i won't finish can't get enough super grow, beetles and ... for the last upgrade

well since there is nothing very interesting at the end , i don't really care
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Host(ess)
    Hint re: neighbor requests

My strategy is to send a request to every single neighbor I have (over 100). Then I will get the torches from the first 20 that respond. Using this strategy for a couple of years now and it reallly helps. Every half year or so I also add some new neighbors from people actively playing to make sure I will get responses!

Also, new chapters start at midnight, so I wait until then, make requests, go to sleep, find them complete when I wake up in the morning.

Hope this helps 😊

Rhino Keeper
    Don't feel bad your not the only one! I had a issue with the torches not counting. I had neighbors responding but the torches not counting and tried everything. It took until late last night to collect all that was needed. Second issue, chopping rock outcropping and getting either 1 or no loose dirt. What is really frustrating is that I was moving along very well until the torch issue and now having problems with getting loose dirt. It seems I always have issues at the end and very seldom do I get to finish even if I spend money. Very frustrating!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lunerasilver View Post
    Hint re: neighbor requests

My strategy is to send a request to every single neighbor I have (over 100). Then I will get the torches from the first 20 that respond. Using this strategy for a couple of years now and it reallly helps. Every half year or so I also add some new neighbors from people actively playing to make sure I will get responses!

Also, new chapters start at midnight, so I wait until then, make requests, go to sleep, find them complete when I wake up in the morning.

Hope this helps ��

I have almost 250 neighbors.
    Normaly I do not have a problem by asking neighbors for even items.
    Only this time.
    I need the torches because now I cant go further with capter 9
    Add again new neighbors, but still nothing..

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikospets View Post
    Don't feel bad your not the only one! I had a issue with the torches not counting. I had neighbors responding but the torches not counting and tried everything. It took until late last night to collect all that was needed. Second issue, chopping rock outcropping and getting either 1 or no loose dirt. What is really frustrating is that I was moving along very well until the torch issue and now having problems with getting loose dirt. It seems I always have issues at the end and very seldom do I get to finish even if I spend money. Very frustrating!
    In every event there are problems for some neighbors.
    Maybe they put an event online when its working for all of us
    Good luck

For the first time in doing these events, I haven't been stressed out or woke up multiple times during the night worried I'm not going to complete the event. I started this event, got the building, finished level one and thought hmm, I think I'm sitting this one out, so I have. It's been liberating. I've saved myself so much stress and have kept my peace of mind. I have been playing the game of course and I have helped my neighbors by responding to requests. I'm quite happy with my decision, after busting my hump on the last event and not getting to complete it, I no longer care or feel compelled to waste time or money on these events. The drop rates are unfair to players and not balanced so we each have equal opportunity to complete these events, which I realized after the last event, so why should I waste my time or money.