Thread: Castle: update 3/30 - The Fanged Forest Storybook Event

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle: update 3/30 - The Fanged Forest Storybook Event

The Fanged Forest Storybook Event
    Time Zone Converter: compare where you are with United States-California-San Francisco

[==Update requires app update to Version 1.6+ on iOS, Level 26+, and will be available to start beginning 3/30. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 4/2.==]

What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Community Events Work in the Hub.

Tips from players (and me!)
    1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
    2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
    3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
    4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

Twisted Terrarium (limited timed event goal, level 26?+) (2x2) limit 1 Cannot be sold
    This item was only available during the event it was released.
    Info: A fortress for the ferocious! Build the Twisted Terrarium to create a home for the Mantiworts in your Kingdom.
    Cost: 100 coin
    Collection time: 16 hours
    Speed up: 32 gems
    Drops:
    Level 1/Build: 20 glimmerdust, 30 purple petal, 30 living wood, 30 blue petal
    Level 2: 99 savage soil, 15 golden eggs, 99 wood, 50 jewels | +550 coin
    Level 3: 50 savage soil, 50 tough clay, 30 living wood, 30 purple petal | +600 coin
    Level 4: 50 savage soil, 4 plant pot, 30 glimmerdust, 30 prime cut | +650 coin
    Level 5: 4 plant pot, 25 calming water, 30 blue petal, 15 fancy block | +700 coin
    Level 6: 4 plant pot, 25 calming water, 25 mantiworm, 18 mantibeetle, | +750 coin
    Level 7: 2 plant pot, 10 savage seedling, 12 mantiworm | +800 coin
    Level 8: 4 plant pot, 30 calming water, 4 mystery nuggets | +850 coin
    Level 9: 30 calming water, 3 super grow, 5 mystery nuggets | +900 coin
    Level 10: 30 calming water, 3 super grow, 2 plant pot, 5 mystery nuggets | +1000 coin

Gem skip prices each: savage soil 3 gems | tough clay 6 gems | plant pot 130 gems | calming water 10 gems | mantiworm | mantibeetle 10 gems | mystery nugget 105 gems | super grow 260 gems

Plant Pot: Workshop, 30 minutes - 20 savage soil, 10 tough clay, 1 simple glue
    Mystery Nuggets: Kitchen, 2 hours - 3 mantibeetles, 6 mantiworms and 1 savage seedling
    Super Grow: | 1 plant pot, 3 mantibeetles, 2 loose dirt

Calming Water is from Sleeping Dahlias
    Mantibeetles are from the Mantiwort Terrarium
    Mantiworms are from the Twisted Willow
    Loose dirt is from Rock Outcroppings

Maths! : 1. post from ladlasse | 2. post from ShibuyaCloth | 3. post from pticaberk (with link to google spreadsheet)

Goals:

Make sure your board is clear of monsters BEFORE you start as you have to spawn a monster immediately upon Chapter 1, Goal 1.

Ivy: Ruler, I have something to confess... I fear one of my experiments may have gotten out of hand. I was growing a patch of Malicious Mantiworts and it would appear they have escaped. We really must look into this!
    Chapter 1:
    Goal 1 Check farmhouses for Mantiworts 0/1 VISIT | This should spawn a mantiwort. Clear your board of any monster before starting this goal. 10 hits to defeat. Before the congrats screen, side goal 1 will appear. Once you defeat the mantiwort, dialogue continues.
    Goal 2 Visit the jeweler 0/1 VISIT
    Goal 3 Build Twisted Terrarium | 20 glimmerdust, 30 purple petal, 30 living wood, 30 blue petal | Reward: 2 glimmerdust

TIP!
    Don't upgrade the twisted terrarium until just before the day ends! Hold off on the last part of a chapter as long as possible and use any extra energy to collect as much extra savage soil as possible in advance. Upgrading too early in the day means you will miss out on being able to collect resources which stop in between chapters.

Ivy: A proper enclosure for the Mantiworts would have prevented this. If the kingdom suffers because of my carelessness, I shall not forgive myself. Curse my love of botany!
    Chapter 2:
    Goal 1 Clear a Twisted Willow | market, 100 coins, 10 chops
    Goal 2 Gather Savage Soil 0/25
    Goal 3 Upgrade the Twisted Terrarium to level 2 0/1 BUILD | 99 savage soil, 15 golden eggs, 99 wood, 50 jewels

A Mantiwort's vines and roots are wickedly strong! To effectively pot one in the Twisted Terrarium, we need reinforced clay. I think I know just the thing!
    Chapter 3:
    Goal 1 Clear a rock outcropping 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems)
    Goal 2 Gather tough clay 0/20 GO | collect from rock outcroppings
    Goal 3 Upgrade the Twisted Terrarium to level 3 0/1 BUILD | 50 savage soil, 50 tough clay, 30 living wood, 30 purple petal

The Twisted Terrarium is coming along nicely, though I fear it may yet be too fragile to hold the might and magic of all the Mantiworts. Should we build it stronger?
    Chapter 4:
    Goal 1 Clear a Twisted Willow 0/1 GO (skip 10 gems)
    Goal 2 Make a Plant Pot (Use Tough Clay!) 0/1 GO | Workshop, 30 minutes - 20 savage soil, 10 tough clay, 1 simple glue
    Goal 3 Upgrade the Twisted Terrarium to level 4 (A feat of twisted engineering) 0/1 BUILD | 50 savage soil, 4 plant pot, 30 glimmerdust, 30 prime cut | Reward: 2 tough clay

Malicious Mantiworts are far too aggressive to handle while awake. A sleeping potion seems the most logical solution.
    Chapter 5:
    Goal 1 Place Sleeping Dahlias 0/2 | Market - you can buy 2 for coin and you can also buy gem ones as well.
    Goal 2 Gather Calming Water 0/4 GO | collect from Sleeping Dahlias
    Goal 3 Upgrade the Twisted Terrarium to level 5 (The petals are a nice touch!) 0/1 BUILD | 4 Plant Pot, 25 Calming Water, 30 Blue Petal, 15 Fancy Block
    Note: if you purchased the Sleeping Dahlia's before this goal, they will count and the goal should autocomplete. If it doesn't, please force close your game and then you'll be ok to continue. Same with the Terrarium in the next goal.

TIP!
    Beetles and water won't drop during chapter 7 as they aren't needed for it. So if we keep chapter 6 open for 2 days, by not doing the terrarium upgrade, we can continue to collect both these items during all that time. We can then complete chapter 6 and 7 one after the other, just before we start chapter 8.

Now that we have the power to put Mantiworts to sleep, I suggest we invest in a method to safely transport them. A small portable terrarium would do the trick!
    Chapter 6:
    Goal 1 Place a Mantiwort Terrarium (Buy in marketplace)
    Goal 2 Catch mantibeetles 0/5 | collect from the Mantiwort Terrarium
    Goal 3 Catch mantiworms 0/5 | collect from the Twisted Willow
    Goal 4 Upgrade the Twisted Terrarium to level 6 | 25 mantiworm, 18 mantibeetle, 4 plant pot, 25 calming water | Reward: 1 mantiworm

Ruler, some Mantiworts have grown too strong! It is clear that containment cannot be our only solution. Heroics are needed to keep your kingdom safe!
    Chapter 7:
    Goal 1 Slay a Malicious Mantiwort (0/1) FIGHT (skip 50 gems)
    Goal 2 Gather more Savage Seedlings (Get these by slaying Malicious Mantiworts!) 0/1 GO
    Goal 3 Upgrade the Terrarium to Level 7 (Almost there!) | 2 Plant Pot, 10 Savage Seedling, 12 Mantiworm | Reward: 1 savage seedling

Perhaps we can distract some of the larger Mantiworts with a treat? I had a six piece mystery nugget meal around here somewhere...or did I eat them all?
    Chapter 8:
    Goal 1 Slay a Malicious Mantiwort 0/1 FIGHT (skip 50 gems)
    Goal 2 Cook Mystery Nuggets 0/1 GO | Kitchen, 2 hours - 3 Mantibeetles, 6 Mantiworms and 1 Savage Seedling (speed up 8 gems)
    Goal 3 Upgrade Terrarium to level 8 | 4 Planted Pot, 4 Mystery Nugget, 30 Calming Water | Reward: 4 calming water

Have the Malicious Mantiworts spread to other kingdoms? We must share the knowledge of how to contain these creatures lest the realms become overridden with them!
    Chapter 9:
    Goal 1 Visit community members 0/50 VISIT (skip 50 gems)
    Goal 2 Ask for torches 0/20 ASK (skip 80 gems)
    Goal 3 Collect loose dirt 0/2 GATHER (skip 100 gems) | collect from from rock outcroppings
    Goal 4 Make super grow 0/1 MAKE | Workshop, 1 hour - 1 plant pot, 3 mantibeetles, 2 loose dirt (speed up 4 gems)
    Goal 5 Upgrade the terrarium to level 9 | 30 calming water, 3 super grow, 5 mystery nuggets | Reward: 2 savage seedling

Ruler, your kingdom is safe! Rest assured, I shall take proper precautions when growing invasive species in the future. For now...well, I could use a drink. Join me?
    Chapter 10:
    Goal 1 Give hearty feasts 0/2 GIVE (skip 50 gems)
    Goal 2 Give truffles 0/10 GIVE (skip 35 gems)
    Goal 3 Gather calming water 0/5 | will auto complete if you have 5 in inventory
    Goal 4 Upgrade the terrarium to level 10 0/1 BUILD| 3 Super Grow, 2 Plant Pot, 5 Mystery Nugget, 30 Calming Water

Event pictures
    Spoiler: show

Chapter 1:

Chapter 2:
    Chapter 3:
    Chapter 4:
    Chapter 5:
    Chapter 6:
    Chapter 7:
    Chapter 8:
    Chapter 9:
    Chapter 10:
    Last edited by PikaSquirrel; 04-10-17 at 10:44 AM.