Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle: update 3/30 - The Fanged Forest Storybook Event

Host(ess)
    I cannot get golden eggs been at it for days .I need 9 ...oh well .. Another quest I cannot do...I only just brought an alicorn...should of brought the golden mine instead oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDagger View Post
    So I'm on chapter 5 and the goal is to place 2 sleeping dahlias. I've had both on my board since the beginning and now that I'm being asked to place them, I find that they cannot be sold. Putting them into inventory and replacing them does not work either, so what should I do? Or will I be forced to buy gems to buy another 2 plants?
    Update: nevermind guys, my game crashed when I tried to go back in and rebooted with the goal completed��
    Yeah, I had the same bug today. I did a forced close and it helped.
    There is some problem with starting a new chapter. Yesterday when chapter 4 started, willows stop dropping savage soil. Forced close and restart helped as always

I've updated my spreadsheet at https://goo.gl/hnKNhn

* Added info from the 1st post about not event specific items needed for every chapter, such as prime cuts and feasts. I was terrified to imagine that I could find out at chapter #10, that I have nor hearty feasts, neither any carrots.
    * Added energy estimate for every chapter. It's terribly rough and I don't know rates for worms and beetles. However it's look like that we'll have to play the whole last three days or prepare really well. But it's doable

PS. I used the following estimates of energy in the math:
    savage soil - 1 energy
    tough clay - 2 energy
    savage seedling - 15 energy (to summon and defeat)
    manti worm - ?
    manti beetle - ?
    calming water - 1 energy
    gather any crafted item - 1 energy

Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    So, on day 7 we do not get manibettles and calming water then we should hold the lvl 6 upgrade as long as possible
    That is what I plan to do! I'm currently on chapter 5, concentrating on calming water and fighting mantiworts. I'll upgrade last thing tonight, then my plan is to stay on chap. 6 for 2 days. (I'll park a beast so Chapter 7 should only take a minute or two) Then start chapter 8 on day 8....hopefully with all the worms, beetles, and calming water that I'll need to finish the twisted terrarium. (Still laughing at Little Shop of Horrors )

I can't say I love storybooks, because I find them frustrating. (Although, they are still a thousand times better than leaderboards.) But I do love that they foster the spirit of community and cooperation that CS is all about. (Or should be!)

Once again, great big thank-you's to the gem pioneers, and the math wiz's, and those sharing hints and tips! Your generosity makes these events do-able.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Banned
    I'm glad I didn't buy the $9.00 package that goes with this challenge - it looks like I won't win it either. I would be mad if I wasted actual money on a challenge I'm never going to get.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    That is what I plan to do! I'm currently on chapter 5, concentrating on calming water and fighting mantiworts. I'll upgrade last thing tonight, then my plan is to stay on chap. 6 for 2 days. (I'll park a beast so Chapter 7 should only take a minute or two) Then start chapter 8 on day 8....hopefully with all the worms, beetles, and calming water that I'll need to finish the twisted terrarium. (Still laughing at Little Shop of Horrors )
    This is a very smart plan! I'm currently also on chapter 5 and I thought about doing the same - dahlias and mantiworts. It is easy as they have the same timer. On the down side, I am busy today and so I cannot log in every 10 minutes. Could you tell me though why planning on doing the next chapter over 2 days?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirilka View Post
    This is a very smart plan! I'm currently also on chapter 5 and I thought about doing the same - dahlias and mantiworts. It is easy as they have the same timer. On the down side, I am busy today and so I cannot log in every 10 minutes. Could you tell me though why planning on doing the next chapter over 2 days?
    Beetles and water won't drop during chapter 7 as they aren't needed for it. So if we keep chapter 6 open for 2 days, by not doing the terrarium upgrade, we can continue to collect both these items during all that time. We can then complete chapter 6 and 7 one after the other, just before we start chapter 8.

Hope that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Zirilka View Post
    Based on past experience with drops stopping when they aren't needed in the chapter, it looks like both the calming water and the beetles will not drop during chapter 7. Since chapter 7 only requires fighting a manticore, collecting one seedling and upgrading (2 plant pots, 10 seedlings, 12 mantiworms), it will only take a moment to complete first thing on day 8. (I have the pots and seedlings already, and I'll collect the extra worms tomorrow and park a manticore). This way I'll be able to get ahead on calming water and beetles, without being locked out of collecting them for the entire day on chapter 7.

The key is to have everything ready for the chapter 6 and 7 upgrades, so they can be completed within minutes, then chapter 8 begins immediately, and you're right back on schedule. I wish I could take credit for this, but another player shared the tip during the ice queen event. I wish I remembered who, so I could give them a shout out.

I'm not a fan of those dahlias with 10 minute timers either. I'd prefer longer timers with multiple drops. I do have the time to check in pretty often, I'd just rather not have to. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    Beetles and water won't drop during chapter 7 as they aren't needed for it. So if we keep chapter 6 open for 2 days, by not doing the terrarium upgrade, we can continue to collect both these items during all that time. We can then complete chapter 6 and 7 one after the other, just before we start chapter 8.

Hope that makes sense
    Perfect! And a lot more concise than my explanation. Lol (And that is the main reason I never considered teaching as a career!)

Rhino Keeper
    Makes total sense! I must have missed it. Thank you both!